Are Rush one of bands that never made a bad album?

Texas King

Are Rush one of bands that never made a bad album?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Are Rush one of bands that never made a bad album?

Depends how you define a bad album really, does it have one bad track or two or three or is the whole thing rubbish.

If the whole thing has to be rubbish then certainly yes, they've never made a bad album

If three bad tracks the standard, then suppose clockwork angels would fit bill for me but tbh i can't call it a bad album as so much great rush on it too

Edited by lifeson90

Y'all won't be laughing when Jeff Sessions shows up at yer homes flanked by US Marshals at 2:30am, then bussing you to re-education camps 3 miles north of Toronto.
  • Like 2

Y'all won't be laughing when Jeff Sessions shows up at yer homes flanked by US Marshals at 2:30am, then bussing you to re-education camps 3 miles north of Toronto.

Over a Canadian band? Hmmm... the next scandal awaits.

Over a Canadian band? Hmmm... the next scandal awaits.

Don't try to run. Your Metro Card had done been shut off!

• Like 1

Is that a "no" to my gracious invite for you to join us in a marshmallow fest?

3 miles north of Toronto you say? That wouldn't be in Geddy's backyard, would it?

No!

Leave me alone. I want to be left alone. Only TrueRushFans™ may talk to me.

No!

Leave me alone. I want to be left alone. Only TrueRushFans™ may talk to me.

:LOLsign:

• Like 1

I don't think Vapor is very good, and the debut was their weakest and not something I'd ever have sought out, but none of those are 'bad' albums. Edited by Mosher
  • Like 1

How are you guys are defining "bad album"? You don't like every song? You don't like more than 50%? 70%? 90%?

When you don't like the majority of songs.

51% then?

How are you guys are defining "bad album"? You don't like every song? You don't like more than 50%? 70%? 90%?

When you don't like the majority of songs.

Some TRFers in here don't seem to be following that line of thought. And that's fine of course.

I'm just interested in reading the different ways people are thinking of "bad album".

• Like 1

I define it as: If the percentage of music I love on an album is 20% or less, then it is a bad album.

There is nothing to speak of that I really like off of Feedback so that would be 0%

The only song I love off the debut is Working Man so that is 17.5% (7 minutes out of 40)

I really like Lakeside Park & Bastille Day off Caress Of Steel and that is exactly 20% (9 minutes out of 45)

Hemispheres is really, really close since I only like The Trees & Circumstances which end up being 22% of the album, but I feel like the 20% rule is fair. I call Hemispheres a sub par album, rather than outright bad. I think it makes a hell of a single though, with Circumstances on Side A and The Trees on Side B!

Edited by diatribein

RTB and Counterparts may be my least favorite Rush albums but I still think they are good albums. So for me, Rush never made a bad album.
  • Like 1

RTB and Counterparts may be my least favorite Rush albums but I still think they are good albums. So for me, Rush never made a bad album.

You may sleep well tonight my friend.

• Like 1

I define it as: If the percentage of music I love on an album is 20% or less, then it is a bad album.

There is nothing to speak of that I really like off of Feedback so that would be 0%

The only song I love off the debut is Working Man so that is 17.5% (7 minutes out of 40)

I really like Lakeside Park & Bastille Day off Caress Of Steel and that is exactly 20% (9 minutes out of 45)

Hemispheres is really, really close since I only like The Trees & Circumstances which end up being 22% of the album, but I feel like the 20% rule is fair. I call Hemispheres a sub par album, rather than outright bad. I think it makes a hell of a single though, with Circumstances on Side A and The Trees on Side B!

So for you it's a minimum of 20% LOVE?

If I use that model then I'll have to bust out with the calculator because there'll be a few borderline albums.

Post HYF, there are plenty of songs I LIKE but don't LOVE. And then there are some that I think are just OKAY. 21st century Rush consists of a lot of OKAY & LIKE but to say those albums are BAD doesn't seem justifiable.

I don't like Presto, Roll the Bones, and Test for Echo.

Brown Shirted storm troopers are coming for you in the night.

If I only like two songs out of an entire albums worth, and the rest I don't like, I'd say that album is crap. Like Presto and Vapor Trails.

If I only like two songs out of an entire albums worth, and the rest I don't like, I'd say that album is crap. Like Presto and Vapor Trails.

Over the next few days if you think your phone is being wired tap...it's not your imagination.