I need your guys advice/help about/with something...

YYZumbi

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I return the Queen vinyl record or not?

• Yes, return it, and save your money, you need it!
    • No! Keep it and enjoy it, its music, and that is important for you.
  2. 2. Do you guys think its a good idea about me stop buying records and giving my pay card to my brother?

• Yes, a very good idea! It will be good for you!
    • No, spend the money! You only live once!

The second one should have had the option "should I stop buying records and learn to control my card?" I would have voted for that one. It's a good opportunity to practice self control without anyone else's help.

I have tried this for a very long time, and I cant control it. I always find excuses to buy more vinyl records...

The addiction to spending money for things you cannot afford is very common. Buckle down and force yourself to stop. How do you get money in the first place? Is it unemployment benefits or just a government hand out?

I dont get any money...

I had saved up from last time I had a job, but it starting to get low now...

Okay,

Are you seeking employment at this time?

Yes I am. But I have done so for a very long time, very hard to find a job.

Work on your people skills.

That might help.

Well I can say the same thing about you. So :moon:

Cat fight!! :pussy: :LOL:

Come on,

There must be some type of fast food job you can get. Or some thing like that. They are always hiring.

Well I can not take those kind of jobs. Because I am not very good with high pressure. Then I get meltdown and panic.

Then look for some type of behind the scenes type of job.

What about a security guard?

I worked as an overnight guard at a steel plant for over five years. I stuck around much longer than I planned because I became the overnight supervisor. But something like that is usually a pretty quiet, under the radar job. We would monitor the entrance/exit gate and open it for any employees coming in and out. Three times a shift they wanted us to get into the patrol truck and drive around the property and that was it for the job. The rest of the time, I would sit there listen to music and watch stuff on my laptop.

It wasn't the best paying job but it was at least something. And if you're not good with people working a quiet job like that is the thing to look for. Plus, the employer is just thankful that you show up all the time considering what an odd shift it is. There's really not high expectations with a job like that. Just don't do anything that draws any unwanted attention and you'll be fine.

Exactly,

I could never work customer service jobs. I would be fired or quit within an hour. :LOL: I don't have the attitude it takes to deal with the general public as far as work goes. But have always found other work that does not require dealing with a**holes. :P

I did telemarketing/research surveys for a few years during and after uni. Oh man that was crap! Obviously there were a-holes I had to talk to and deal with several times a day. But still, a shitty job with money coming in is better than no shitty job with no money coming in.

True,

But I wouldn't last in customer service in most of those types of jobs money or not. Like I said, there are other options out there.

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down! :hail:

• Like 2

The second one should have had the option "should I stop buying records and learn to control my card?" I would have voted for that one. It's a good opportunity to practice self control without anyone else's help.

I have tried this for a very long time, and I cant control it. I always find excuses to buy more vinyl records...

The addiction to spending money for things you cannot afford is very common. Buckle down and force yourself to stop. How do you get money in the first place? Is it unemployment benefits or just a government hand out?

I dont get any money...

I had saved up from last time I had a job, but it starting to get low now...

Okay,

Are you seeking employment at this time?

Yes I am. But I have done so for a very long time, very hard to find a job.

Work on your people skills.

That might help.

Well I can say the same thing about you. So :moon:

Cat fight!! :pussy: :LOL:

Come on,

There must be some type of fast food job you can get. Or some thing like that. They are always hiring.

Well I can not take those kind of jobs. Because I am not very good with high pressure. Then I get meltdown and panic.

Then look for some type of behind the scenes type of job.

What about a security guard?

I worked as an overnight guard at a steel plant for over five years. I stuck around much longer than I planned because I became the overnight supervisor. But something like that is usually a pretty quiet, under the radar job. We would monitor the entrance/exit gate and open it for any employees coming in and out. Three times a shift they wanted us to get into the patrol truck and drive around the property and that was it for the job. The rest of the time, I would sit there listen to music and watch stuff on my laptop.

It wasn't the best paying job but it was at least something. And if you're not good with people working a quiet job like that is the thing to look for. Plus, the employer is just thankful that you show up all the time considering what an odd shift it is. There's really not high expectations with a job like that. Just don't do anything that draws any unwanted attention and you'll be fine.

Exactly,

I could never work customer service jobs. I would be fired or quit within an hour. :LOL: I don't have the attitude it takes to deal with the general public as far as work goes. But have always found other work that does not require dealing with a**holes. :P

I did telemarketing/research surveys for a few years during and after uni. Oh man that was crap! Obviously there were a-holes I had to talk to and deal with several times a day. But still, a shitty job with money coming in is better than no shitty job with no money coming in.

True,

But I wouldn't last in customer service in most of those types of jobs money or not. Like I said, there are other options out there.

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down! :hail:

:LOL:

For instance, Zumbi could get a job washing dishes, landscaping or janitorial work. At the same time work on his skills to better himself for future employment.

• Like 1

Well anyway... I have decided that I will return the Queen album. Thanks to all that helped me.

Now I am going to go and sleep (its almost 2:00 here) so I wont be able to answer in a few hours.

With all due respect...who the hell cares?

Well anyway... I have decided that I will return the Queen album. Thanks to all that helped me.

Now I am going to go and sleep (its almost 2:00 here) so I wont be able to answer in a few hours.

Well obviously not you, since you dont seem to care that much about other people. But some people cared, such as Trout.

If I saw Queen Greatest Hits II on vinyl in a shop for anything more than 10 bucks, I probably wouldn't buy it. Why get the greatest hits when the money would be more wisely spent on the albums the hits came from?

Now if you see Hot Space on vinyl anywhere and happen to have the money, snatch it up. I passed up a copy recently and I truly wonder when I'll ever see it on vinyl again.

I already have a original pressing of Hot Space in mint condition.

Return that, as well.

I cant do that. I bought it years ago... and I do not even remember where I bought it.

Besides, even if I could, I would not do it. I like it to much!

I need your guys advice and help. Please be serious about it, this is not a joke....

Today I bought Greatest Hits II by Queen...

I envy your life..

• Like 2

I once bought a sealed 12" disc from the 80's with a Geddy Lee interview on it about the Boys Brigade album he produced and I wasn't sure if I should break the factory seal to play it.. I only wasted about 15 seconds of my life on that decision.. (the interview was ok)

I need your guys advice and help. Please be serious about it, this is not a joke....

I envy your life..

Why...?

• Like 1

I envy your life..

Why...?

Because it seems you don't know what a real problem looks like!

• Like 1

I once owned a valuable Beatles album- Yesterday and Today, a second-state 'butcher' cover. It was in really good condition, too. (It belonged to my father, and was among a big stack of records that he just gave to me because he didn't have anything to play them on anymore, and didn't really care).

I had to sell it because I was going to be evicted from my apartment if I couldn't come up with rent money. I got $800 cash for it. (That was in 1995 or '96. Today, the same record goes for about $1300).

I didn't want to part with it, but I did what I had to do.

Close to the same time period- a little bit later, but not much, late '90s or so), I had to sell off bits of my music collection, a little bit at a time, just to have enough money to eat.

I had a job- but with rent and just regular monthly bills, it was taking all that I earned and then some more, just to pay them. I had really bad credit, to the point that I didn't even have a bank account- I wasn't allowed to have one because I had bounced some checks over a period of a couple of years- so if I didn't have cash in my pocket, I didn't have anything. When I said something like "I don't have any money", it was the plain truth, and that was the case at least a couple of times a month...which is why I was in the state I was in, selling off my music collection to second-hand shops, just so I could survive. I literally didn't have enough to afford food, without doing that.

My point in saying this, Zumbi, is you just do what you have to do.

I'm blessed to be able to say that my situation is much different now. It's all just a matter of setting your priorities, and keeping them.

• Like 5

Ok....so i feel a tiny bit bad about my above comment.......a tiny bit......but not to bad..... let's not get carried away.

what i was merely saying was. Zumbi.......bottom line.....if you really are struggling. and i know you are......time to maybe scale back on the CRAZY ABSURD amount of music you buy. some might say needless amounts.

be an adult man.

i'm disabled. i work as a speaker at schools when they need me. it along with checks from that good government.......keeps me fed and alive. point being if i can do this......you can too

so just a little advise from your online reality check.

Life is tough but we all must navigate our ships away from the rocks on occasion. meaning every moment of every day, lol

I hope i made sense because my depression knocked at my door last night......and now i'm uh....rambling, lol

Mick

• Like 2

The last eight or so years have been a real struggle. I work basically 2 jobs, and have sold stuff to stay afloat. Very thankful to have a family that looks out for me.

It's a drag sometimes, but it's the way things are, at least for now.

Being a collector is hard when you don't have a lot of money. I've struggled with it for years.

• Like 1

Well obviously not you, since you dont seem to care that much about other people. But some people cared, such as Trout.

Not true. It's just you that makes me feel like that. You're special (the two words a pretentious narcissist lives to hear).

I pretty much care for everyone else.

I envy your life..

Why...?

My question exactly...

I envy your life..

Why...?

Because it seems you don't know what a real problem looks like!

Now...I understand that observation!

Did you seek employment today?

• Like 2

IF and WHEN you have kids and they get sick, then you´ll see what a real problem is, my friend. Let us know when that happens. Everything else is peanuts compared to that.
  • Like 5

IF and WHEN you have kids and they get sick, then you´ll see what a real problem is, my friend. Let us know when that happens. Everything else is peanuts compared to that.

I don't have kids......but yea......that'll school him on life.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

A reminder that not all should be parents...if you can't afford to keep a vinyl you have little hoping of providing for a family lol

• Like 4

Mick

A reminder that not all should be parents...if you can't afford to keep a vinyl you have little hoping of providing for a family lol

i had a flash of Zumbi with kids.

Diapers or.........the 20 pound diamond cut 2112.

gosh this is hard.......sorry junior.

lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

lol

Mick

I need that sugar coated dark chocolate Grace Under Pressure edible vinyl reprint.

Next day:

"NOTICE:

KID FOR SALE

FIVE BUCKS"

• Like 2

Mick

lol

Mick

I need that sugar coated dark chocolate Grace Under Pressure edible vinyl reprint.

Next day:

"NOTICE:

KID FOR SALE

FIVE BUCKS"

Even I want that Grace under pressure.

might still dislike the album........but it's got good use after, lol

Mick

Mick

lol

Mick

Next day:

"NOTICE:

KID FOR SALE

FIVE BUCKS"

Even I want that Grace under pressure.

might still dislike the album........but it's got good use after, lol

Mick

Haha same. Love me some tooth decay!

• Like 1