• Jugulator
    • Demolition
    • Angel Of Retribution
    • Nostradamus
    • Redeemer Of Souls

Stained Class

Stained. Class.

I need to own this.

Also, the copy I have out from the library has a couple bonus tracks on it. One is an unreleased studio track (can't remember the title) that sounds like it's from the 80s at least by the production value, but the back cover says it was recorded in the early years of the band. Anyone know this track and when it was actually written/recorded. For reference the other bonus track is a live version of "Better By Me"

I've got about seven copies of it!

You never know when you may need a spare one, to pass on to a neophyte!

• Like 2

So I've been listening to British Steel again, and I've decided I prefer Stained Class and Screaming For Vengeance to it. It's a real great album, but it really painfully obvious how much they were shooting for mass appeal with the simplicity of some of these songs and how much they reigned in Halford's vocal range.

Great album though.

If you think on British Steel it was painfully obvious they were shooting for mass appeal then you're going to hate Point Of Entry and Turbo.

So I've been listening to British Steel again, and I've decided I prefer Stained Class and Screaming For Vengeance to it. It's a real great album, but it really painfully obvious how much they were shooting for mass appeal with the simplicity of some of these songs and how much they reigned in Halford's vocal range.

Great album though.

If you think on British Steel it was painfully obvious they were shooting for mass appeal then you're going to hate Point Of Entry and Turbo.

Hmm...I do wonder about Turbo. The synths might just strike me as experimental more than commercial and I may enjoy them.

Also I listened to Sad Wings earlier today. Also better than British Steel.

My memories of buying Screaming for Vengeance are so vivid, back in 1982.

I heard the single (Another Thing Coming) on the radio and likely held the 45 in my hand... then went to look at the album, saw that cover and said, naaah, I'm gonna get the album.

Blew me away.. Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding on the Wind, Bloodstone..... aaaahhhh !!!

Picked up British Steel soon after.

But... I didn't really investigate the rest of Priest's catalog until a few years ago! Weird...

Everything from Sad Wings through Vengeance is essential for me.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 2

I heard the single (Another Thing Coming) on the radio and likely held the 45 in my hand... then went to look at the album, saw that cover and said, naaah, I'm gonna get the album.

Blew me away.. Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding on the Wind, Bloodstone..... aaaahhhh !!!

But... I didn't really investigate the rest of Priest's catalog until a few years ago! Weird...

What about Defenders of the Faith??

• Like 1

What about Defenders of the Faith??

Just below essential. I do like it... the production gets on my nerves a bit though.

I don't listen to Judas Priest that much, but when I do it's usually Sad Wings of Destiny, followed by Screaming for Vengeance. I also like Killing Machine and British Steel. Everything else I'm not up to speed on.

I don't listen to Judas Priest that much, but when I do it's usually Sad Wings of Destiny, followed by Screaming for Vengeance. I also like Killing Machine and British Steel. Everything else I'm not up to speed on.

Stained Class is more than worth a listen. Kind of caught between Sad Wings and Screaming/British stylistically, though the production is a little flat.

• Like 1

Don't understand the few negative reviews I've seen of Screaming For Vengeance. This thing is all metal, pure and true.
  • Like 2

When Judas Priest was without Rob Halford, as the lead singer on Jugulator, and Demolition, and not including those two studio releases, I've liked their other studio releases the same, and not having a best, and favorite one. Edited by Derek19