Should we encourage Rush to do an instrumental album?

SecondNature

Well, There are some folks here who have wrapped them in bubblewrap and put them in a box in a warehouse somewhere. I disagree as I have said repeatedly but nobody pays any attention to me.

It's not that nobody is paying attention to you. It's just most of us talked about Rush still recording new material but not touring again after R40 ended. There are still people who think that will happen but the debate about it is old news on here.

I'm well aware of that. Just because I didn't take part in that debate at the time doesn't mean I don't have an opinion that I can't illustrate with Hulk comics. Everyone tells me welcome to the group and join the discussion and then shoots me down when I express an opinion. I said before this is a closed club and it is. Count me out. You can all drown in emoticons

Who shot you down? Where? How? By "shot down" do you simply mean "disagree"?

If someone did disagree with one of your opinions, welcome to the club! Anyone on here who's posted more than a couple of words or pictures has had someone disagree with them.

Here's my point by point list on this topic just so you can stop saying you're completely ignored:

- I wouldn't encourage Rush to make an instrumental album because I'd like to see what lyrics Peart would come up with. Besides, Geddy singing on an album is almost always good IMHO

- I don't want Rush to quit but i do think ALL 3 of them TOGETHER making albums is over.

- Rush don't owe me anything so whatever they choose to do now is fine.

P.S. This one's on the house:

:ranton:

. The Linguist has not left the building but she's thinking about it. I'm too old for this sh*t.

:rantoff:

:geddy: :banghead: :rage:

whoa, deja vu

I thought you had already left a few months ago

• Like 1

Well, There are some folks here who have wrapped them in bubblewrap and put them in a box in a warehouse somewhere. I disagree as I have said repeatedly but nobody pays any attention to me.

It's not that nobody is paying attention to you. It's just most of us talked about Rush still recording new material but not touring again after R40 ended. There are still people who think that will happen but the debate about it is old news on here.

I'm well aware of that. Just because I didn't take part in that debate at the time doesn't mean I don't have an opinion that I can't illustrate with Hulk comics. Everyone tells me welcome to the group and join the discussion and then shoots me down when I express an opinion. I said before this is a closed club and it is. Count me out. You can all drown in emoticons

If someone did disagree with one of your opinions, welcome to the club! Anyone on here who's posted more than a couple of words or pictures has had someone disagree with them.

Here's my point by point list on this topic just so you can stop saying you're completely ignored:

- I wouldn't encourage Rush to make an instrumental album because I'd like to see what lyrics Peart would come up with. Besides, Geddy singing on an album is almost always good IMHO

- I don't want Rush to quit but i do think ALL 3 of them TOGETHER making albums is over.

. The Linguist has not left the building but she's thinking about it. I'm too old for this sh*t.

whoa, deja vu

tumblr_msj76bfaT21rhmne4o1_500.gif

• Like 1

whoa, deja vu

tumblr_msj76bfaT21rhmne4o1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ffzvom0X1rwuq4jo2_500.gif

• Like 2

A thick skin, a sense of humour, and a very high tolerance for folderol are useful if you're going to hang around here :LOL:

And this place is isn't even the roughest bar on the street.

This place is about as rough & tough as a comic book shop that sells hot dogs. I think I might've stubbed my toe on the sofa once back in '09.

:blaze:

• Like 3

A thick skin, a sense of humour, and a very high tolerance for folderol are useful if you're going to hang around here :LOL:

This place is about as rough & tough as a comic book shop that sells hot dogs. I think I might've stubbed my toe on the sofa once back in '09.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/f72371a2cc76808c6f347f65ae9ddb54/tumblr_ntyf43pWZp1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Like 2

http://33.media.tumblr.com/f72371a2cc76808c6f347f65ae9ddb54/tumblr_ntyf43pWZp1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

That's how I feel with a hangover

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Including the same kind of green slime.

Including the same kind of green slime.

Add some mystery chunks and you'd be right

• Like 1

The last thing Neil wants to do it play music again . And the last thing I want to hear is Lee/Lifeson without Peart. OR them record anything that wont be as good as they were pre year 2000. A album with guest drummers might work but then you have the issue with Geddy's voice , It's shot. I know it would not be deemed relevant to this topic by some but have you ever heard the Van Halen live album with Roth? I can't believe they released that . His singing is horrible . A tortured Parrot could sing better. No I am not condoning toruturing Parrots either. IMHO the four studio albums released after 2000 are not good. There are splashes of briliance but mostly I am left unimpressed with any of them . Did I buy them YES! along with mostly all the DVD releases because I knew why Rush was still together. Rush is over. Lee Lifeson may do something but it will never ever be Rush again ...never ever. Peart will never record another drum track again and I even doubt he has played them since the last concert. The Good news is that neither of them are obligated to be Rush anymore. They can do whatever they want. We know what Peart is going to do . But as far as Lee and Lifeson there are plenty of things they can do .

IT JUST WON'T BE RUSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok boys. I won't post again in any forum expressing my opinions about the future of Rush since that has already been decided by Higher Powers (I.e., you), even if the thread was specifically started to bring up that topic. I'm terribly sorry I don't understand your graphic novel references since I gave up reading them about 40 years ago. Go back to posting pictures of hot dogs and I'll go elsewhere. I have not left TRF but I'll lurk in the female forums where I feel more comfortable. The Boys Club is all yours. And it's NOT because my feelings are hurt but that I think you're all talking in a different language
  • Like 3

How would you feel if Geddy and Alex collaborated with another iconic figure, for example, Jon Anderson ??

Jon Anderson and Roine Stolt made one heck of a good album last year

I think Geddy & Alex + some other already accomplished musician(s) could be quite decent.

I mentioned Stewart Copeland with Geddy & Alex as an option before and there were two general responses:

(1) "It wouldn't be Rush"...even though I had never said that I wanted it to be Rush.

and

(2) "No, it'd never happen. They should get a young drummer. Getting an aged drummer would just be kind of sad"...which makes no sense given that they're all over 60 anyway. Why wouldn't they get someone their age? Or middle aged or young or whatever?

• Like 1

How would you feel if Geddy and Alex collaborated with another iconic figure, for example, Jon Anderson ??

Jon Anderson and Roine Stolt made one heck of a good album last year

I think Geddy & Alex + some other already accomplished musician(s) could be quite decent.

I mentioned Stewart Copeland with Geddy & Alex as an option before and there were two general responses:

(1) "It wouldn't be Rush"...even though I had never said that I wanted it to be Rush.

and

(2) "No, it'd never happen. They should get a young drummer. Getting an aged drummer would just be kind of sad"...which makes no sense given that they're all over 60 anyway. Why wouldn't they get someone their age? Or middle aged or young or whatever?

If he isn't spread too thin, I think Matt Cameron stepping in to work with Geddy & Alex would be the "easiest" transition.

...a very high tolerance for folderol ... if you're going to hang around here :LOL:

Start with a quarter tablet with breakfast. After a week, increase to a half tab. By the third week, most people are folderol tolerant enough to handle the full dosage.

The first week's the toughest.

• Like 1

Given the vocals and difficulties therein, it would be about all I would be interested in at this point. I would bet they could come up with something jazzy and killer...

But Neil is in pain.

Fat, overweight.

Puffing on red apples daily.

He can't swing either. Jazzy?

Go watch the first Buddy Rich Memorial videos. Embarrassing.....

Perhaps Geddy and Alex can make an instrumental album with Dany Carey.

The can call the project....

ROOL

What thread are we in anyway?? :eh:

Err..... sorry. I sort of kept on topic(ish) as Focus were an instrumental band

If Rush did Hocus Pocus Geddy 's yodelling would be killer.Sorry Ged.I love Focus to this day and had the chance to shake hands with Thijs a few moons ago.

Thanks Grasbo!!!

I started to think I was the only bloke in the world that still loved Focus! ha ha

I here Pierre Van Der Linden has rejoined the band. He is an incredible drummer, very versatile like Neil and both hugely influenced by Buddy Rich,

Now we need Thijs and Jan to sort out their differences to get the classic line up back on the road

Now wouldn't that be a bit special???

Probably the most underated guitarist ever!!

Sorry about the audio it is a bit distorted.

Steve

Given the vocals and difficulties therein, it would be about all I would be interested in at this point. I would bet they could come up with something jazzy and killer...

But Neil is in pain.

Fat, overweight.

ROOL

I think that is a bit cruel to be honest. I consider myself and accomplished musician on guitar and piano of most genres and I really think Neil plays very good Jazz, obviously not as good as the master Buddy.

Why are you being so f***ing negative dude?? Criticism when it is due yes, but you just sound a bit sad and bitter and twisted to me. What's the matter? did you fail in your musical career??? I did too, but I am over it now and don't need resort to stupid insults.

"Sadder still to watch it die then never to have known it. For you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee"

Ok boys. I won't post again in any forum expressing my opinions about the future of Rush since that has already been decided by Higher Powers (I.e., you), even if the thread was specifically started to bring up that topic. I'm terribly sorry I don't understand your graphic novel references since I gave up reading them about 40 years ago. Go back to posting pictures of hot dogs and I'll go elsewhere. I have not left TRF but I'll lurk in the female forums where I feel more comfortable. The Boys Club is all yours. And it's NOT because my feelings are hurt but that I think you're all talking in a different language

не глупо

• Like 2

Go back to posting pictures of hot dogs .... The Boys Club is all yours.

http://i.imgur.com/FqQo50B.gif

:P

:hug2:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

But Neil is in pain.

Fat, overweight.

ROOL

I think that is a bit cruel to be honest. I consider myself and accomplished musician on guitar and piano of most genres and I really think Neil plays very good Jazz, obviously not as good as the master Buddy.

Why are you being so f***ing negative dude?? Criticism when it is due yes, but you just sound a bit sad and bitter and twisted to me. What's the matter? did you fail in your musical career??? I did too, but I am over it now and don't need resort to stupid insults.

"Sadder still to watch it die then never to have known it. For you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee"

I get it Steve. It's just the way we humans are brought up I guess.

My negativity of Neil spawns from his condition of now.

Are you kidding me?

I don't care what any forum member thinks of my or my opinions.

Neil is and will always be my guy. My mentor. My drummer muse.

I play my drums everyday to albums. I get bored so I have to play to Rush albums.

So whatever.

We are just cyber strangers trying to make a connection with a band we all love.

I don't need to sugar coat shit because I'm confident and I have been blessed. 60 Rush shows since 1985 ain't so shabby yet I've met men and women who have seen them over 100 times.

It is what it is.

I have no regrets.

I hated it when Neil gave up the double bass drums.

I hated it when it gave up the matchstick grip.

I hated it when he went to Freddie to change his entire drummer philosophy.

I am sure many are happy in the direction that Neil went.

I am not and I have a strong opinion about this because RUSH is very important to my past, present and future despite the retirement reality.

I am actually a very positive guy, but hey, it is what it is.

Believe what you want to believe.

RUSH is the greatest band on the Earth.

Neil may not be the greatest drummer in the world.

But he is the world to me.

Yet I as a real fan have the right to rip on him or make fun of him for saddening my heart.

Whatever.

People on this one dimensional forum love me and they hate me. There is no in between.

I prefer "Between The Wheels" because at the end of the day?

I'm a happy go lucky guy with two beautiful intellectual daughters. A loving mother and father.

Amazing friends around the globe and especially locally. Also an wonderful thriving business.

The American Dream is still real.

The World Dream is still will.

I wish no ill will on anyone.

JUST DON'T FUCKK WITH ME! LOL!!!!

On that note I'm out of here!!

Good luck to you Steve.

I wish you a wonderful life too.

Cheers!

• Like 1

But Neil is in pain.

Fat, overweight.

ROOL

"Don't Be Cruel"

Love,

Elvis Presley

• Like 2