Should we encourage Rush to do an instrumental album?

SecondNature

Unfortunatley, the main challenge would be convincing Neil to pick up a pair of drumsticks.

Something he's had no interest in doing since August 1st, 2015.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't really think anyone should push for anything. They're pretty beat up. If they choose to do another album, that will be great, but they shouldn't have to feel obligated to do it.

Given the vocals and difficulties therein, it would be about all I would be interested in at this point. I would bet they could come up with something jazzy and killer...

But Neil is in pain.

Fat, overweight.

Puffing on red apples daily.

He can't swing either. Jazzy?

Go watch the first Buddy Rich Memorial videos. Embarrassing.....

Perhaps Geddy and Alex can make an instrumental album with Dany Carey.

The can call the project....

ROOL

I think that is a bit cruel to be honest. I consider myself and accomplished musician on guitar and piano of most genres and I really think Neil plays very good Jazz, obviously not as good as the master Buddy.

Why are you being so f***ing negative dude?? Criticism when it is due yes, but you just sound a bit sad and bitter and twisted to me. What's the matter? did you fail in your musical career??? I did too, but I am over it now and don't need resort to stupid insults.

"Sadder still to watch it die then never to have known it. For you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee"

I get it Steve. It's just the way we humans are brought up I guess.

My negativity of Neil spawns from his condition of now.

Are you kidding me?

I don't care what any forum member thinks of my or my opinions.

Neil is and will always be my guy. My mentor. My drummer muse.

I play my drums everyday to albums. I get bored so I have to play to Rush albums.

So whatever.

We are just cyber strangers trying to make a connection with a band we all love.

I don't need to sugar coat shit because I'm confident and I have been blessed. 60 Rush shows since 1985 ain't so shabby yet I've met men and women who have seen them over 100 times.

It is what it is.

I have no regrets.

I hated it when Neil gave up the double bass drums.

I hated it when it gave up the matchstick grip.

I hated it when he went to Freddie to change his entire drummer philosophy.

I am sure many are happy in the direction that Neil went.

I am not and I have a strong opinion about this because RUSH is very important to my past, present and future despite the retirement reality.

I am actually a very positive guy, but hey, it is what it is.

Believe what you want to believe.

RUSH is the greatest band on the Earth.

Neil may not be the greatest drummer in the world.

But he is the world to me.

Yet I as a real fan have the right to rip on him or make fun of him for saddening my heart.

Whatever.

People on this one dimensional forum love me and they hate me. There is no in between.

I prefer "Between The Wheels" because at the end of the day?

I'm a happy go lucky guy with two beautiful intellectual daughters. A loving mother and father.

Amazing friends around the globe and especially locally. Also an wonderful thriving business.

The American Dream is still real.

The World Dream is still will.

I wish no ill will on anyone.

JUST DON'T FUCKK WITH ME! LOL!!!!

On that note I'm out of here!!

Good luck to you Steve.

I wish you a wonderful life too.

Cheers!

Hey 666 don't go just because of my bullshit man!

I guess I am just sad the way Neil is now (he looked like a sad big red nose drinker compared to that tall handsome hirsute drum rock god on the 2112 picture)

"sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it"

Please don't take offence I did not mean it personally, just got a bit wound up.

I actually do have a good life now. I made enough money from property and investments in my 30's and 40's not to have to work now.

Sadly my attempts at family life came to nothing, I envy you in that respect, as did my attempts in the music business over the years. Nothing to do with talent, ability or hard work, just never got the breaks, wrong place at the wrong time, bad luck etc

Take care 666, I am sorry if I offended you.

Thanks

Smitty :P

Hahaha! Steve!!! You crack me up!!!!

The only way I'm leaving this Forum is if 73 bans me for life!

I rarely get offended on this Board, although certain members do have a way of pushing my buttons.

You are not one of those humid humans.

You are cool man.

No worries!!!

People who offend often on here are the obvious online orange orangutans of an oblivious octopi occult.

The occupy more arms than brain cells.

Signed,

"Eight Is Enough"

Please don't get down and hacked off with things 666. I acted like a complete arsehole when I first came here but I apologised and people were forgiving to me.

I don't think there is anyone here who has not been some sort of shit in their lives. If there is then they are the lucky ones and in the minority.

Don't beat yourself up about anything, if you feel that you have made mistakes. Just resolve to move on and learn from your experiences.

God knows I am very qualified to talk about it, I have made more mistakes than most in my life!!!

Sorry to give you a lecture

Smitty :D :LOL: ;)

• Like 2

About as much to do with Rush doing as an Instrumental album as freaking Y&T. :LOLsign: :LOLsign:

Classic!

Y&T is playing at the Fillmore on Saturday March 25th! I will ask Dave if he plans to make an instrumental record after the show! LOL!

Amazing how RUSH and Y&T both established in 1974. RUSH is retired and Dave is still shredding and singing in Y&T.

Geddy, Alex, and Neil are still alive and aren't playing.

Sadly Joey, Phil and Leonard have passed away yet Dave Meniketi still keeps the spark alive!!!!!

I saw SAXON and UFO last night.

I was torn in half.

SAXON opened and kicked serious metal ass!!!! "The Eagle Has Landed" stole the show!!!

But then a tired and old UFO came on next. It was so sad.

They were an hour late.

Phil Moog was shitfaced and was trying to be sassy with Vinnie Moore on the setlist choices.

By the way the set was awful and the band was slow and boring.

I was so sad.

They almost played more Vinnie songs than Schenker songs! No Paul Chapman of course!! UGH!!!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

It's all rock and roll man. All of our mortal music mentors are passing away or fuckking dying.

Phil Moog looked like he had cancer. It freaked me the fukk out. But I think he was just drunk and stupid.

• Like 1

Given the vocals and difficulties therein, it would be about all I would be interested in at this point. I would bet they could come up with something jazzy and killer...

But Neil is in pain.

Fat, overweight.

Puffing on red apples daily.

He can't swing either. Jazzy?

Go watch the first Buddy Rich Memorial videos. Embarrassing.....

Perhaps Geddy and Alex can make an instrumental album with Dany Carey.

The can call the project....

ROOL

I think that is a bit cruel to be honest. I consider myself and accomplished musician on guitar and piano of most genres and I really think Neil plays very good Jazz, obviously not as good as the master Buddy.

Why are you being so f***ing negative dude?? Criticism when it is due yes, but you just sound a bit sad and bitter and twisted to me. What's the matter? did you fail in your musical career??? I did too, but I am over it now and don't need resort to stupid insults.

"Sadder still to watch it die then never to have known it. For you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee"

I get it Steve. It's just the way we humans are brought up I guess.

My negativity of Neil spawns from his condition of now.

Are you kidding me?

I don't care what any forum member thinks of my or my opinions.

Neil is and will always be my guy. My mentor. My drummer muse.

I play my drums everyday to albums. I get bored so I have to play to Rush albums.

So whatever.

We are just cyber strangers trying to make a connection with a band we all love.

I don't need to sugar coat shit because I'm confident and I have been blessed. 60 Rush shows since 1985 ain't so shabby yet I've met men and women who have seen them over 100 times.

It is what it is.

I have no regrets.

I hated it when Neil gave up the double bass drums.

I hated it when it gave up the matchstick grip.

I hated it when he went to Freddie to change his entire drummer philosophy.

I am sure many are happy in the direction that Neil went.

I am not and I have a strong opinion about this because RUSH is very important to my past, present and future despite the retirement reality.

I am actually a very positive guy, but hey, it is what it is.

Believe what you want to believe.

RUSH is the greatest band on the Earth.

Neil may not be the greatest drummer in the world.

But he is the world to me.

Yet I as a real fan have the right to rip on him or make fun of him for saddening my heart.

Whatever.

People on this one dimensional forum love me and they hate me. There is no in between.

I prefer "Between The Wheels" because at the end of the day?

I'm a happy go lucky guy with two beautiful intellectual daughters. A loving mother and father.

Amazing friends around the globe and especially locally. Also an wonderful thriving business.

The American Dream is still real.

The World Dream is still will.

I wish no ill will on anyone.

JUST DON'T FUCKK WITH ME! LOL!!!!

On that note I'm out of here!!

Good luck to you Steve.

I wish you a wonderful life too.

Cheers!

Hey 666 don't go just because of my bullshit man!

I guess I am just sad the way Neil is now (he looked like a sad big red nose drinker compared to that tall handsome hirsute drum rock god on the 2112 picture)

"sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it"

Please don't take offence I did not mean it personally, just got a bit wound up.

I actually do have a good life now. I made enough money from property and investments in my 30's and 40's not to have to work now.

Sadly my attempts at family life came to nothing, I envy you in that respect, as did my attempts in the music business over the years. Nothing to do with talent, ability or hard work, just never got the breaks, wrong place at the wrong time, bad luck etc

Take care 666, I am sorry if I offended you.

Thanks

Smitty :P

Hahaha! Steve!!! You crack me up!!!!

The only way I'm leaving this Forum is if 73 bans me for life!

I rarely get offended on this Board, although certain members do have a way of pushing my buttons.

You are not one of those humid humans.

You are cool man.

No worries!!!

People who offend often on here are the obvious online orange orangutans of an oblivious octopi occult.

The occupy more arms than brain cells.

Signed,

"Eight Is Enough"

Please don't get down and hacked off with things 666. I acted like a complete arsehole when I first came here but I apologised and people were forgiving to me.

I don't think there is anyone here who has not been some sort of shit in their lives. If there is then they are the lucky ones and in the minority.

Don't beat yourself up about anything, if you feel that you have made mistakes. Just resolve to move on and learn from your experiences.

God knows I am very qualified to talk about it, I have made more mistakes than most in my life!!!

Sorry to give you a lecture

Smitty :D :LOL: ;)

Dude!

You are awesome and I respect your advice.

I am fine.

We all have shite, but things are so much better now.

We all hit "Rock Bottom" in life. But only the strong will learn from their downfall and become better for it.

Love,

UFO

• Like 1

Dave's vocal style is very reminiscent of Sammy Hagar XXXXXXX :P :D :LOL:

Ok Steve. It's funny that you get me. I hate Sammy in Van Hagar but I love his Montrose stuff and also Sammy's solo Capital Records and Geffen shit.

However I have a true story for you....

Did you know that Phil, Leonard and Joey had a private meeting and they all wanted to either...

A. Fire Dave Meniketti from the band entirely.

B. Keep Dave in the band and let him play lead and hire Sammy Hagar to sing lead.

Well, of course in the record business there are politics.

Capital Records or perhaps it was Geffen would not let Sammy out of his contract.

Sammy wanted in.

Sammy wanted to join Y&T but his label said HELL NO.

So reluctantly the other three guys gave Dave another chance to shine.

Hmmmmmm.......

Did you also know that Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne flew to the Bay Area to ask Dave Meniketti to fill in for Randy Rhoads?

Ozzy actually got on his hands and knees and begged Dave to join his band.

Dave looked at Ozzy and politely declined the offer. Saying that his band Y&T was doing great!

So Ozzy and Sharon hired Brad Gillis instead.

Funny how I know both of these guitar players and I'm just a common fruit loop in this rock and roll circus we all love!

Do want another Y&T bedtime story or early morning coffee story?

Did you know that Leonard Haze hired Dave Meniketti to join his band Yesterday & Today?

And now ironically Dave is the last "original" member and is in total control of this band.

I have a million stories about Y&T.

But some are way too personal so I will stop now.

Y&T FUCKKING RULES!!!!!

Did you know that Y&T opened for RUSH in 1984? East Coast only for about three weeks!

I have so many wonderful stories to share.

Damn.

I better shut up.

Yes, Leonard Haze always thought that Neil Peart was overrated. Dave thought the same thing.

Opinions are like assholes.

No matter how much money you make, no matter how famous you get, you still stink like an asshole.

Because everyone has one.

My asshole shits gold because I think Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time.

I'm off to bed to dream of Neil in that photoshopped baby picture that Lucas put up.

So hot.

So adorable.

Neil Peart is GOD.

IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!

Love,

STRYPER

Love and Peace dude

Y&T were fab at Newcastle City Hall in 82

every bit as good as AC/DC

Why did the band want to fire Dave? He was the lead singer and lead guitarist. Did he have a drink/drug problem at the time?

Look

We only get one chance in this life so don't regret what you do OK???

It is not like we are murderers or rapists or kiddie fiddlers you know?

All of my life I have spent apologising to people for things that I should not have given a f**k about OK????

• Like 1

Look

All of my life I have spent apologising to people for things that I should not have given a f**k about OK????

Steve!

Believe me! You are one of the few who get me on here.

I have absolutely no regrets in life.

I am good. I am fine.

I am blessed.

My St. Mary's Gaels won last night!! It was EPIC, although I almost had a stroke! It's March Madness over here dude! College basketball! I went to St. Mary's and I have an English degree yet I run a business with my awesome dad!

I feel your pain about Glenn.

Yes, I knew Joey Alves from Y&T.

Leonard Haze too. Great men.

And of course Phil Kennemore the bassist who wrote most of the tunes.

Quick story.

I was friends with Phil and his beautiful wife Hannah.

I went to see Judas Priest at the Concord Pavilion about four miles from my flat.

It was the "British Steel" Album Tour.

EPIC

Anyway, my buddy on drums for Y&T had to split so he gave me his after party pass for Judas Priest.

I met Scott Travis but that was about it.

But Phil and Hannah were backstage.

We talked for about an hour and I realized that I didn't have a ride home.

I could have walked home but Phil was gracious enough to give me a ride home.

Phil gave me a ride home!!!

I remember them driving up to my house and Wendy came outside to meet them.

Phil was always flirting with her in a fun way.

Said a few things to her and then they disappeared in the night.

I have tears in my eyes as I type this.

God I love Y&T.

Some many memories and not enough time.

I am seeing Y&T on March 25th! I can't wait to be there.

Dave might do a tribute to Leonard Haze and Joey Alves.

Ok I am done.

I am so fuckking sad.......

LONG LIVE Y&T!!! IN ROCK WE TRUST!

• Like 2

Look

Steve!

Believe me! You are one of the few who get me on here.

I have absolutely no regrets in life.

I am good. I am fine.

I am blessed.

My St. Mary's Gaels won last night!! It was EPIC, although I almost had a stroke! It's March Madness over here dude! College basketball! I went to St. Mary's and I have an English degree yet I run a business with my awesome dad!

I feel your pain about Glenn.

Yes, I knew Joey Alves from Y&T.

Leonard Haze too. Great men.

And of course Phil Kennemore the bassist who wrote most of the tunes.

Quick story.

I was friends with Phil and his beautiful wife Hannah.

I went to see Judas Priest at the Concord Pavilion about four miles from my flat.

It was the "British Steel" Album Tour.

EPIC

Anyway, my buddy on drums for Y&T had to split so he gave me his after party pass for Judas Priest.

I met Scott Travis but that was about it.

But Phil and Hannah were backstage.

We talked for about an hour and I realized that I didn't have a ride home.

I could have walked home but Phil was gracious enough to give me a ride home.

Phil gave me a ride home!!!

I remember them driving up to my house and Wendy came outside to meet them.

Phil was always flirting with her in a fun way.

Said a few things to her and then they disappeared in the night.

I have tears in my eyes as I type this.

God I love Y&T.

Some many memories and not enough time.

I am seeing Y&T on March 25th! I can't wait to be there.

Dave might do a tribute to Leonard Haze and Joey Alves.

Ok I am done.

I am so fuckking sad.......

LONG LIVE Y&T!!! IN ROCK WE TRUST!

Must be great to have known those guys.

It is sad when our heroes die

Just part of getting older Earl. How old are you? I am 51, I guess you are around about the same.

Its strange because I still so much feel 18 in my mind and heart. It all just seems like Yesterday

Just I am older and a bit wiser and world beaten from all of the kicks in the face over the years as Freddie Mercury once said

But getting older aint so bad I suppose, at least my car insurance is a lot cheaper these days! ha ha

Take care :codger:

I know you seem to have pain about your ex wife but....

I have been in the same situation a couple of times with ex GF's.

They aint gonna come back to you for being sad and lonely and crying dude. Sorry to be harsh but the best you can do is to be strong and dignified and show her that you can have a good life without her. Get fit, go to the gym, dress well, be happy when you take your daughters out and do nice stuff with them and NEVER say a bad word about their mum or her new man.

Then you will look very good to her

Dave's vocal style is very reminiscent of Sammy Hagar XXXXXXX :P :D :LOL:

Ok Steve. It's funny that you get me. I hate Sammy in Van Hagar but I love his Montrose stuff and also Sammy's solo Capital Records and Geffen shit.

However I have a true story for you....

Did you know that Phil, Leonard and Joey had a private meeting and they all wanted to either...

A. Fire Dave Meniketti from the band entirely.

B. Keep Dave in the band and let him play lead and hire Sammy Hagar to sing lead.

Well, of course in the record business there are politics.

Capital Records or perhaps it was Geffen would not let Sammy out of his contract.

Sammy wanted in.

Sammy wanted to join Y&T but his label said HELL NO.

So reluctantly the other three guys gave Dave another chance to shine.

Hmmmmmm.......

Did you also know that Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne flew to the Bay Area to ask Dave Meniketti to fill in for Randy Rhoads?

Ozzy actually got on his hands and knees and begged Dave to join his band.

Dave looked at Ozzy and politely declined the offer. Saying that his band Y&T was doing great!

So Ozzy and Sharon hired Brad Gillis instead.

Funny how I know both of these guitar players and I'm just a common fruit loop in this rock and roll circus we all love!

Do want another Y&T bedtime story or early morning coffee story?

Did you know that Leonard Haze hired Dave Meniketti to join his band Yesterday & Today?

And now ironically Dave is the last "original" member and is in total control of this band.

I have a million stories about Y&T.

But some are way too personal so I will stop now.

Y&T FUCKKING RULES!!!!!

Did you know that Y&T opened for RUSH in 1984? East Coast only for about three weeks!

I have so many wonderful stories to share.

Damn.

I better shut up.

Yes, Leonard Haze always thought that Neil Peart was overrated. Dave thought the same thing.

Opinions are like assholes.

No matter how much money you make, no matter how famous you get, you still stink like an asshole.

Because everyone has one.

My asshole shits gold because I think Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time.

I'm off to bed to dream of Neil in that photoshopped baby picture that Lucas put up.

So hot.

So adorable.

Neil Peart is GOD.

IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!

Love,

STRYPER

Hey earl!!

I've mentioned this before, but every interview I've read with Mineketi, he comes across as a bitter dude who thinks Y&T belong alongside zeppelin and sabbath in the greats of hard rock and metal. The guy can play, but he needs to check himself