Official 2017 MLB Season Thread. Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

Mike Trout is unbelievable.

A few more years like his first 5 plus this one and he will be top 10 all time. With a shot at top 5.

Outfielders? Of all time?

Did you play wiffle ball?

All time of course.

You know baseball as much as you know real hockey I guess. Which is to say, you don't.

A few more years like his first 5 plus this one and he will be top 10 all time. With a shot at top 5.

All time of course.

You know baseball as much as you know real hockey I guess. Which is to say, you don't.

Thanks for spelling that out. :LOL:

All time of course.

Only an idiot or someone who knows zero about baseball wouldn't agree that Trout is on a course to be one of the greatest players of all time. Are you disagreeing with that?

And you have never shown any knowledge of hockey or any other sport we have discussed in your responses. But that's no doubt because you know next to nothing about sports.

Miller Park, Milwaukee: 1st base umpire Joe West gets hit squarely on the noggin by a baseball......which was thrown by some idiot in the stands. The game was delayed while they searched for the culprit (who probably got away).

West is one of the most hard-headed umps ever, so it didn't phase him one bit. ;)

Miller Park, Milwaukee: 1st base umpire Joe West gets hit squarely on the noggin by a baseball......which was thrown by some idiot in the stands. The game was delayed while they searched for the culprit (who probably got away).

West is one of the most hard-headed umps ever, so it didn't phase him one bit. ;)

West is a horrible ump. But I can't condone that action.

West is a horrible ump. But I can't condone that action.

I remember his first years as an ump. Hot-headed, short-tempered, he'd eject you for looking at him wrong. He's mellowed a bit over the years.....a tiny bit.

The Brewers' Orlando Arcia scores from 1st base.......on an infield hit by the pitcher! This is serious comedy!! :laughing guy:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/240242390/brewers-orlando-arcia-starting-to-break-out/

• Like 1

The Brewers' Orlando Arcia scores from 1st base.......on an infield hit by the pitcher! This is serious comedy!! :laughing guy:

http://m.mlb.com/new...g-to-break-out/

I saw this on the news! (We are in Orioles territory.) That game of rundown was awesome !! Almost took my mind off of the Pirates losing three straight at home to the GIANTS !! :banghead: And then one tonight to the Phillies! :facepalm:

Edited by blueschica

My Yanks have been atrocious the past couple weeks, after a good start and then a really hot stretch in early June. What happened to the Baby Bombers?

(Rhetorical question. The bats are still good, Judge is still lighting-up the Majors, but starting pitching has been iffy or downright shoddy.)

Brewers 11

Cubs 2 (6th inning)

This is the makeup game from May 20th, which was caused by the Cubs not wanting to play on a Saturday.

They said it was going to rain. It didn't rain. In fact, it was sunny almost all day.

So far, the kharma is looking good!! :D

Pretty dull All Star game. Take away the home field advantage being at stake and it lacks any real excitement.

That's what they get for not having any Brewers in the lineup..... ;) ;)

Pretty dull All Star game. Take away the home field advantage being at stake and it lacks any real excitement.

That's what they get for not having any Brewers in the lineup..... ;) ;)

:D

Surprisingly enough my Rays have been holding over .500 (51-47) for some time now. Almost respectable! We were like only 2 games outof leading the AL East before our encounter with one of our AL nemesis the Texas Rangers dropping two out of 3. Game 3 today at 1.

Go Rays!

Nationals 15

Brewers 2

Michael Blazek, a Brewer relief pitcher who subbed as today's starter, became the first pitcher in major-league history to surrender five home runs in an inning and the first starter to surrender six in less than three innings.

The Washington Nationals destroyed the Brewers to put a fitting end to the Brewers' horrible 2-8 road trip. While we can't yet say that the Brewers are finished, we can definitely say that they're in trouble. Everything was going so well, and we all knew that losing streaks happen to every team, but no one foresaw such a horrible 10-game stretch.

Adversity, thy name is Milwaukee!! Time to see if this team has any guts and resolve!!

636367677940717427-AP-Brewers-Nationals-Baseball.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

The Chicago Cubs gave Steve Bartman a World Series Championship ring. :sundog:
  • Like 2

Dodgers at 74-31. :notworthy:

Kershaw better get healthy soon. I need him back on my fantasy team!! :)

The Dodgers don't seem to miss him, though. They've won 9 of their last 10.

A Rod is a walking cliche as a broadcaster. I can't say analyst because he's anti analytics.

Pirates have a 3 game stand against the Jays in Toronto. Geddy was on hand tonight to see the Jays go down, 4-2. Joey Bats hit a homer but it wasn't enough. I'll have to look and see if he's there tomorrow afternoon!