Official 2017 MLB Season Thread. Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

Guess who's flying to Chicago for a Cubs game next weekend.

:dweez:

ETA: Dodgers are 81-34.

The Toronto Blue Jays, if I'm reading my schedule right. And if I'm wrong about that, it doesn't matter who else will be there.. :)

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

The Toronto Blue Jays, if I'm reading my schedule right. And if I'm wrong about that, it doesn't matter who else will be there.. :)

Me and the Blue Jays will be there. I wonder of Geddy will be there? May have to do the stalker thing.

Me and the Blue Jays will be there. I wonder of Geddy will be there? May have to do the stalker thing.

Could be. Geddy developed his love for baseball while watching Cub games during the afternoons on tour. Maybe he could use his trapped eunuch ferocity to sing TMOTTBG during the seventh inning stretch. He couldn't possibly be any worse than Ozzy or Billy Corgan.

• Like 1

I'm so sad about Bryce Harper tonight. MLB really dropped the ball tonight. That game should have been cancelled!

I love Bryce. It's a tragedy to the game.

I'm so mad!!!!!

Dusty Baker is truly a CURSE.

Just saw it on Twitter...and it looked nasty. :(

I'm so sad about Bryce Harper tonight. MLB really dropped the ball tonight. That game should have been cancelled!

I love Bryce. It's a tragedy to the game.

I'm so mad!!!!!

Dusty Baker is truly a CURSE.

Just saw it on Twitter...and it looked nasty. :(

Yeah, I just saw it. Ugggh. I hope the MRI results come out better than it looked.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like Harper and think he plays the game the right way. Although at times I'm not sure that hustling on that play in that situation is the right way, sometimes you'd be better off taking it easier and living to play another day.

• Like 1

Reports are better than expected: According to ESPN (who apparently was able to break away from covering Lebron or Lavar Ball's latest utterances), Bryce Harper does not have any ligament or tendon damage, but is out indefinitely with a significant bone bruise.

Dodgers are 83-34.

No typo.

Crazy!! But they better win the WS or no one will remember them.

They'd be remembered, but for the wrong reasons.

Nobody remembers the 2001 Mariners!

From 6:08 of the most illustrative bit of sports talk radio I've ever heard, the 2001 Mariners are mentioned around 3:10.

https://soundcloud.com/maddogsportsradio/nba-hall-of-famer-rick-barry-takes-the-doggie-to-task-over-comments-regarding-golden-state

Dodgers are 83-34.

No typo.

Out west we do.

Dodgers are 83-34.

No typo.

Out west we do.

You dare challenge Christopher "Maddog" Russo! :o :o :o

Despite the Dodgers loss today, the Giants lost and are now mathematically eliminated from contention for the National League West division title.

Is anyone watching the LL Classic in Williamsport, the game between the Cards and Bucs? I thought it would be gimmicky but it actually seems pretty cool.

Go Bucs, by the way....

• Like 3

Despite the Dodgers loss today, the Giants lost and are now mathematically eliminated from contention for the National League West division title.

At 87-35, the Dodgers have a 20-game lead on the NL West 2nd place Rockies.

The Rockies are 68-56, third in NL standing overall behind the Nationals.

Is anyone watching the LL Classic in Williamsport, the game between the Cards and Bucs? I thought it would be gimmicky but it actually seems pretty cool.

Go Bucs, by the way....

Yeah, you know I was watching! :) Both the Bucs and the Cards seemed to be having a lot of fun today with the Little League players! I think it turned out to be a great idea. My husband was in a cynical mood and goes, " how long before they do it every year and always have the Yankees so there are good ratings?" National League family all the way!

• Like 1

Hill becomes the first pitcher to lose a no hitter, shutout and game on a game ending HR.

At the last Reds game I saw in person before I moved to Wisconsin, I saw Mario Soto take a no-hitter into the 9th.

Reds were leading the Cardinals 1-0. Soto had about 6 walks but 12 strikeouts. With 2 outs and 2 strikes on the last batter, George Hendrick, Soto left one hang, and Hendrick promptly put it into the left field bleachers - right below where I was. Score tied at 1-1.

With the crowd giving him a standing ovation, Soto bent over in anguish, then gathered himself and struck out the next batter. The Reds rewarded their pitcher with a walk-off RBI in the bottom of the 9th. :haz:

• Like 1