Your most fave the 80's synth-era album?

Texas King

Your most fave the 80's Rush synth-era album?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Your most fave the 80's Rush synth-era album?

Moving Pictures FTW, and it isn't on the poll for some reason, but it's loaded with synth, came out in '80 or '81 and there's not a second of filler on it. YYZ has probably the least synth on it, and it still has some. Of the ones on the poll, I'd rank them in chronological order. HYF was the last studio album I actually bought and owned until CA came out. I still don't have my own copy of anything from presto through S&A except the live stuff. I only completely skipped the presto tour though, and CP was when I had my only "holy shit, I'm talking to Alex and Geddy!!!" moment.

MP isn't a completely synth dominated album though. The guitar riffs drive most of the songs on that album still. It's not part of that era because the synths did not start to engulf the whole sound on the band until Signals through HYF.

• Like 1

Moving Pictures FTW, and it isn't on the poll for some reason, but it's loaded with synth, came out in '80 or '81 and there's not a second of filler on it. YYZ has probably the least synth on it, and it still has some. Of the ones on the poll, I'd rank them in chronological order. HYF was the last studio album I actually bought and owned until CA came out. I still don't have my own copy of anything from presto through S&A except the live stuff. I only completely skipped the presto tour though, and CP was when I had my only "holy shit, I'm talking to Alex and Geddy!!!" moment.

MP isn't a completely synth dominated album though. The guitar riffs drive most of the songs on that album still. It's not part of that era because the synths did not start to engulf the whole sound on the band until Signals through HYF.

Tom Sawyer seems like the most synth-dominated song, in the sense that is the synth is gone, the song is basically DOA.

been giving HYF a good run out lately after a few years neglect really, i mean always got occasional play but not the complete immersement for a year or so it got after release.

Anyway is getting it now

Totally. Freakin. Awesome. Obviously.

Like, Turn The Page... Please

HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Honestly it's amazing. I love it more than I love Rush and the rest of their discography in their entirety.

Well...this and VT. Throw in Grace and Kings and these are the only albums from Rush I'd replace if I lost them.

Oh and Pictures.

• Like 1

HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Honestly it's amazing. I love it more than I love Rush and the rest of their discography in their entirety.

Well...this and VT. Throw in Grace and Kings and these are the only albums from Rush I'd replace if I lost them.

Oh and Pictures.

Not keen on any Rush synth based albums from the 80's. They just don't do it for me

However I do like a lot of 80's synth music like Ultravox etc

This was a classic, Vienna

• Like 2

HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Oh and Pictures.

It is just a wonderfully dark and gothic song and video and has so much great imagery and musical twists. I don't know if you agree but this is just about as good as 80's synth music gets Segue :blush:

I love all 4 of these albums. For me it comes down to either HYF or Power Windows. Both are incredible and I go back and forth between them. Tonight I will go with HYF. On another night I could go with Power Windows.

Third place is equally hard to pick. Tonight I will go with Signals but on another night I could pick Grace Under Pressure.