Most underrated bands!!!! "You Gotta Check These Guys Out, Guys!!!!"

Entre_Perpetuo

Tears for Fears.

not a large discography.......but great great stuff.

Mick

Agreed on Tears for Fears! Their early 90s stuff (after their commercial peak) is great too... Elemental.. Raoul and the Kings of Spain...

And their debut is f***ing amazing! :haz:
  • Like 1

I think The Kinks are underrated. I'm inclined to their '60s stuff. A couple from Face to Face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMgWdtpdTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFAqXBAFSw

Agreed - I love their 70s stuff too.

Forever locked in fourth place behind The Beatles, The Stones and The Who!

Not bad if you think about it.

The Cranberries come to my mind instantly.

I like them so much, my wife hates her voice, though.

As a big Cranberries fan I almost named them, good call.

I saw them live at The Royal Albert Hall in 2010. Went in not knowing anything (free ticket from a friend). Came out a fan! I own a couple of albums. The first two and a best of. Love them!

• Like 1

I saw them live at The Royal Albert Hall in 2010. Went in not knowing anything (free ticket from a friend). Came out a fan! I own a couple of albums. The first two and a best of. Love them!

I remember enjoying the debut album back in the day. By the time that Zombie song came out they were a little grating. To say the least.

That's exactly what you need, though I hope the hits album has "Saving Grace" on it.

• Like 1

The Beatles.

Pretty sure you're joking, but I am not when I say I think they are one of the most overrated bands of the last eon. Sure, they were influential, but that was more a matter of timing than anything else, imo.

Honestly, what does the "timing argument" mean? What successes in the world haven't included so-called timing? Is success or influence based on a predetermined outcome? :huh:

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3

Okay, I'm convinced.

Thin Lizzy

I think Thin Lizzy's reputation is rock solid. How are they underrated?

90% of the time Thin Lizzy is brought up in casual conversation, it's about Jailbreak/The Boys Are Back In Town; they essentially come off like some neat one hit wonder. Yet looking even a little deeper reveals one of the most consistent and prolific collections of albums in rock history. No one told me about this until recently, I hadn't a clue. They get very little attention compared to what they would seem to deserve.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm convinced.

Thin Lizzy

90% of the time Thin Lizzy is brought up in casual conversation, it's about Jailbreak/The Boys Are Back In Town; they essentially come off like some neat one hit wonder. Yet looking even a little deeper reveals one of the most consistent and prolific collections of albums in rock history. No one told me about this until recently, I hadn't a clue. They get very little attention compared to what they would seem to deserve.

OK. It's all about perspective. I see your point. I always saw them as a very good band with a well-deserved reputation.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm convinced.

Thin Lizzy

OK. It's all about perspective. I see your point. I always saw them as a very good band with a well-deserved reputation.

Actually, I'd say they have quite a Bad Reputation.

;)

Here are some of my favorite underrated bands:

The Hives - I've loved this band since the 90s, the early music is great but their last 2 albums are fantastic, especially 'The Black and White album'

The Dandy Warhols - Another band I've loved since the 90s, I haven't heard all their albums but I love 'Come Down', 'Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia' and Earth to The Dandy Warhols'

The Courteeners - A band from Manchester and I listened to them all the time a couple years ago, haven't listened to any of their new stuff.

Foals - A band from Oxford and their album Holy Fire is fantastic (along with Antidotes). Love the new album as well.

Keane - Another band from England that I love, they are currently on hiatus.

Tame Impala - I love the earlier music, I've heard one of the newer songs and wasn't that impressed. I need to sit down and listen to more of the new and see if I change my mind.

• Like 1

The Beatles.

Pretty sure you're joking, but I am not when I say I think they are one of the most overrated bands of the last eon. Sure, they were influential, but that was more a matter of timing than anything else, imo.

I am.

That said, 50 years removed from most of their discography's release, people still buy their records. If they were just in the right place at the right time, their popularity wouldn't still be so immense.

• Like 2

Parlor Mob...love their first album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmYDl8GB5Y

I love that album also. Their second album is great too.

I like Dogs a lot, but it doesn't seem to have the hooks or confidence of Crow. Have you heard the most recent EP?

Don't care if it's been done before, we need more new threads that aren't polls. Take the time to explain why each band you add to your list is actually underrated in your opinion.

THE OUTFIELD!!!!!

Another trio that kicks underrated ass. Some of their songs remind me of Synth Rush.

"Play Deep" is a masterpiece.

Play Deep is amazing!

Parlor Mob...love their first album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmYDl8GB5Y

I love that album also. Their second album is great too.

I like Dogs a lot, but it doesn't seem to have the hooks or confidence of Crow. Have you heard the most recent EP?

No. Worth getting? I agree their first album is their best of what I've heard.

Pentagram

Diamond Head

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 3