Were something in diplomacy

So we put her on the hit list

Of a common cunning linguist

A master of many tongues

And now she eases gently

From her Austin to her Bentley

Suddenly she feels so young

• Like 2

Coverdale by miles. I like Gillan, but as a singer, he's not in Coverdale's class.

And give me Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band over the rest of the DP catalog any day.

hipster! those aren't their highest selling albums

• Like 3

Coverdale by miles. I like Gillan, but as a singer, he's not in Coverdale's class.

And give me Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band over the rest of the DP catalog any day.

Ahem. It's "real fan." :)

And my cred is still intact. If I had said, "Machine Head and FIreball are so overrated" or even better, "I don't like Mk II," you'd have me.

• Like 2

And my cred is still intact. If I had said, "Machine Head and FIreball are so overrated" or even better, "I don't like Mk II," you'd have me.

I've encountered folks on the internet who will tell you their first two records are the best!

You can't top Machine Head so it's Ian for me.

There you go, brother. I don't share your vote, but I applaud you citing Machine Head instead of saying something like, "Bananas is Gillan's best album with Purple." :cheers:

I've been a DP from the start but I prefer the Ian years. I love Burn ( had it on 8-track ) but lost interest in DP after that.

• Like 1

I've encountered folks on the internet who will tell you their first two records are the best!

I can see that. I mean, Machine Head and Burn might as well be Jonas Brothers' albums.

• Like 1

I can see that. I mean, Machine Head and Burn might as well be Jonas Brothers' albums.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: I hope you're only kidding!

Ian Gillan by a mile. You guys are forgetting about his other 1970 recording, Jesus Christ Superstar. Gillan was Jesus on the original recording of the Webber/Rice rock opera and he was awesome; the vocal range was larger and more demanding than even Deep Purple. It's interesting to listen to and shows off his talent. My sister and I listened to it and admired the voice for years before we put it together and realized that it was the same Ian Gillan :facepalm: . Along with that, you gotta go with Burn, Machine Head, and Made in Japan, I think.

Well, based on his astonishing performance on Jesus Christ Superstar, plus Made In Japan, Ian Gillan is a monster vocalist to my ears. Cloverdale's never particularly impressed me in Whitesnake.

Gillan.

Coverdale was an ok singer but cringeworthy terrible lyricist.

What the fuckk is wrong about writing about sex, booze and rock and roll?

Perhaps you need to go back and listen to the early Whitesnake albums before they became a lame ass MTV Corporate Coverdale Clone Band!

SLIDE IT IN!

RIGHT TO THE TOP!