Carrie Fisher Dead at 60

ReRushed

We'll get to see Carrie in Episode VIII, but nothing after that. ;(

I wouldn't be so sure.

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/Tarkin-3@2x_16f7b5db.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1200%2C800

Ugh, yeah. I wouldn't be a fan of a posthumous digital Leia. It's one thing to do it for a few scenes in order to complete a film (if an actor dies during filming), but to recreate a whole role from scratch for a new film, like they did there with Peter Cushing? Sorry, but that's creepy.

Creepy good!

Just like Brandon Lee in "The Crow?"

"The Crow" was mostly finished with filming when Lee was accidentally shot. Only a few scenes needed to be completed.

Too bad. She was in the a middle of a bit of a comeback with these new Star Wars movies. Always sad when someone passes when they still have work to complete.

For the record, i'm not crying, gutted or unable to function normally today because she died. The original Star Wars trilogy was a big part of my life and it's sad that she's gone at an age when most people shouldn't leave this world yet.

RIP :rose:

• Like 2

Am in tears right now...! :rose:

Why?

I certainly would not have wished death upon her, but I never knew her personally.....

What a stupid question. Is she not allowed to cry just because she never knew her personally? I have cried when famous people I like have past away.

As usual, when you don't agree with something you call it stupid.

To me it seems odd that you would cry at the death of someone you didn't know.....I remember the grief and mass hysteria over here when Princess Diana died , and just found it bizarre....

You know nothing really about the famous person, they have invested nothing emotionally in you, and it just can't compare with the death of a friend or a loved one.

It's called compassion. She's been a big part of some peoples lives whether through her movies, or TV or social media.

I can assure you I am a compassionate person, and there's no need for you to infer I'm not just because I don't understand this particular emotive response...I would suggest that if she has been that big a part of peoples lives simply via films, TV or Social media, then there was something lacking in their lives in the first place.

You make me sad....

If a random person on the internet disagreeing with you makes you sad, then this only serves to further underline my point.

I'm also a bit perplexed but for a slightly different reason. Thousands die every day that we don't mourn just because they didn't record a few songs we like or make a couple of movies we enjoyed. Are they any less worry of our concern?

DAMN YOU 2016! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

She did some good supporting work in When Harry Met Sally, Shampoo and The Burbs. Loved her cameo in Austin Powers. Just downloaded that biopic about her, Postcards From The Edge, to watch on Starz later since I haven't seen it yet.

RIP and say hi to Sir Alec, Kenny and Chris Lee for us.

• Like 1

Why?

I certainly would not have wished death upon her, but I never knew her personally.....

What a stupid question. Is she not allowed to cry just because she never knew her personally? I have cried when famous people I like have past away.

To me it seems odd that you would cry at the death of someone you didn't know.....I remember the grief and mass hysteria over here when Princess Diana died , and just found it bizarre....

You know nothing really about the famous person, they have invested nothing emotionally in you, and it just can't compare with the death of a friend or a loved one.

It's called compassion. She's been a big part of some peoples lives whether through her movies, or TV or social media.

I can assure you I am a compassionate person, and there's no need for you to infer I'm not just because I don't understand this particular emotive response...I would suggest that if she has been that big a part of peoples lives simply via films, TV or Social media, then there was something lacking in their lives in the first place.

You make me sad....

If a random person on the internet disagreeing with you makes you sad, then this only serves to further underline my point.

I'm also a bit perplexed but for a slightly different reason. Thousands die every day that we don't mourn just because they didn't record a few songs we like or make a couple of movies we enjoyed. Are they any less worry of our concern?

Instead of picking apart everything people say why not show a little respect for those of us who care and I actually feel something about the situation?

• Like 2

DAMN YOU 2016! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

She did some good supporting work in When Harry Met Sally, Shampoo and The Burbs. Loved her cameo in Austin Powers. Just downloaded that biopic about her, Postcards From The Edge, to watch on Starz later since I haven't seen it yet.

RIP and say hi to Sir Alec, Kenny and Chris Lee for us.

Postcards isnt a biopic. Its basically semiautobiographical adaptation of her novel of the same title but it tells only part of her story.

Why?

You make me sad....

Instead of picking apart everything people say why not show a little respect for those of us who care and I actually feel something about the situation?

Aye. It's perfectly fine if you don't share that degree of sadness yourself, but why bother questioning or wondering about someone else's? Even if exaggerated to you, does it bother you enough to mention it? It's prickish to me to question the degree or validity of someone else's sadness.

Poor form.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 3

Why?

You make me sad....

Do I pick apart everything people say? I was unaware of this. I simply made a comment about fridges post. If you want to cry or mourn for Carrie fisher it's your business. I certainly won't try to stop you.

We'll get to see Carrie in Episode VIII, but nothing after that. ;(

I wouldn't be so sure.

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/Tarkin-3@2x_16f7b5db.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1200%2C800

Ugh, yeah. I wouldn't be a fan of a posthumous digital Leia. It's one thing to do it for a few scenes in order to complete a film (if an actor dies during filming), but to recreate a whole role from scratch for a new film, like they did there with Peter Cushing? Sorry, but that's creepy.

And it was easy with him, his character practically looks dead anyway.

• Like 1

Why?

I wasn't inferring anything but you definitely are.

You said "it's called compassion", which infers i don't know what compassion is...just saying.

Why?

You make me sad....

Aye. It's perfectly fine if you don't share that degree of sadness yourself, but why bother questioning or wondering about someone else's? Even if exaggerated to you, does it bother you enough to mention it? It's prickish to me to question the degree or validity of someone else's sadness.

Poor form.

That's a bit of an over exaggeration surely?.....I certainly wasn't intending to be "prickish", and I find it interesting to learn why people feel/think the way they do, especially if it's different to me.

• Like 1

Why?

If you think it's about the dead celebrity, you've missed the point.

No, I really don't think I have...I understand a brief moment of shock and a passing sadness perfectly well, it's the phenomenon of excessive mass grief that puzzles me.

• Like 2

I used to think it was really odd when people get so emotional that they would physically cry when celebrities die, being that they don't actually know them. But I think that knowing the story of someone and seeing them on TV and in movies, and knowing that it's an actual person creates a sense that we do know them personally. Most people will cry in a movie for a fictional character that dies or has some hardship so when you think about it, there's nothing wrong with crying for a deceased celebrity with a life that people are intimately familiar with.

Carrie Fisher was Hollywood royalty. People watched her from the time she was born and knew of her personal family troubles back then. She starred in arguably the most famous film franchise in history and fought addiction and depression. Her life was an open book for all to see. It's sad that she passed away and it makes me sad because I feel like know her. Not enough to cry, but I can definitely understand why someone would.

• Like 1

RIP Carrie

I have never even seen Star Wars, so obviously, I am not emotionally invested in that aspect, however, from my understanding, Carrie Fisher battled a lot of real things in her short life - it is understandable, even expected, that when someone who FIGHTS loses the battle, it will bring about sadness ..

The fact that a fighter died is sad, as I think most of us either can relate personally or we have had loved ones in similar situations ...

When Prince died, it was an upheaval for me because the older sister I lost in 2015 loved him, and she and I shared many good times seeing Prince, chatting about him, listening to his music, etc

There are all kinds of ties and bonds to high profile people that can and will touch our own lives

It makes us reflect on past fun times, and ultimately, the fact that those moments can be fleeting .....

For those who don't understand, it is your loss - life can me much more fulfilling with the peaks and the valleys

• Like 4

RIP Carrie

I have never even seen Star Wars, so obviously, I am not emotionally invested in that aspect, however, from my understanding, Carrie Fisher battled a lot of real things in her short life - it is understandable, even expected, that when someone who FIGHTS loses the battle, it will bring about sadness ..

The fact that a fighter died is sad, as I think most of us either can relate personally or we have had loved ones in similar situations ...

When Prince died, it was an upheaval for me because the older sister I lost in 2015 loved him, and she and I shared many good times seeing Prince, chatting about him, listening to his music, etc

There are all kinds of ties and bonds to high profile people that can and will touch our own lives

It makes us reflect on past fun times, and ultimately, the fact that those moments can be fleeting .....

For those who don't understand, it is your loss - life can me much more fulfilling with the peaks and the valleys

Never. Seen. Star Wars???

• Like 4

RIP Carrie

It's insane, I know .. esp for someone like me who is stuck in the 1970s

• Like 1

RIP Carrie

Yes it is. You're like a 40-year-old virgin and with the release of Rogue One, it's time you gave it up.

So what's the best way to watch it? Chronological order or by release date? I think it would be less confusing to watch it chronologically.

• Like 4

Why?

You make me sad....

Do I pick apart everything people say? I was unaware of this. I simply made a comment about fridges post. If you want to cry or mourn for Carrie fisher it's your business. I certainly won't try to stop you.

I wasn't talking to you directly but commenting on the negativity about having feelings in this thread.

• Like 1

RIP Carrie

Yes it is. You're like a 40-year-old virgin and with the release of Rogue One, it's time you gave it up.

So what's the best way to watch it? Chronological order or by release date? I think it would be less confusing to watch it chronologically.

Oh ya gotta go Chronological.

• Like 2