"AJA" Is Still One Of The Greatest Albums On The Planet!

RUSHHEAD666

I saw Steely Dan last this year in Vegas. First time. I thought they sucked. Perhaps they needed Steve Gadd on the drums.

Anyway, I put on "AJA" tonight.

An epic masterpiece album.

Every Rush Fan on the planet should own this record.

The title track will always be my favorite.

It's all about Gadd's triplets...................

More like the well placed whistle!

Keith carlock does just fine but the first time i saw the dan the drummer was dennis chambers iirc.

Is aja still the high water mark for recording perfection? I have always heard that folks play aja when test driving high end components.

ABSOFUCKKINGLUTLY!

TANGY!!!

Audiophile GENIUSES!!!

I AM SO SAD!!!!!!!

Me too. I love the dan for lots of reasons but their awesome emotion inducing lyrics

Makes this all the sadder.

Bad sneakers

Barrytown

Dr wu

Any world

Here at the western world

Deacon blues......

RIP Walter!

Surf and or die!!!!

• Like 2

The full Gaucho and Royal Scam alternate & out takes.

Thanks again for posting this. The gaucho outakes here much better than mine. Songs i had never heard before.

The royal scam outakes are cool with green earrings being the best imo.

Not all thay impressed by behind the seawall. The gadd outake.

Its kinda curious how tunes from aja were made during katy lied. Then lay dormant during the royal scam and teemerge for aja? Thanks again.

Bump!

^^^^ that is zee shit!

• Like 1

The full Gaucho and Royal Scam alternate & out takes.

Thanks again for posting this. The gaucho outakes here much better than mine. Songs i had never heard before.

The royal scam outakes are cool with green earrings being the best imo.

Not all thay impressed by behind the seawall. The gadd outake.

Its kinda curious how tunes from aja were made during katy lied. Then lay dormant during the royal scam and teemerge for aja? Thanks again.

Bump!

^^^^ that is zee shit!

:cheers:
  • Like 1

I had never listened to this album before. I listened to it on the way home from work tonight because of this thread. All I can think to say is, thank you Earl!

You never heard Aja before? I'm not being sarcastic, but how old are you?

I am 43. I recognized a couple of songs from it. But I had never listened to it from beginning to end before yesterday.
  • Like 3

I had never listened to this album before. I listened to it on the way home from work tonight because of this thread. All I can think to say is, thank you Earl!

I am 43. I recognized a couple of songs from it. But I had never listened to it from beginning to end before yesterday.

I recommend the royal scam as the next to check out. Everything up to gaucho is good.

The two discs after gaucho are not as good imo. Of the two, everything must go is better imo than two against nature.

Godwhacker, slang of ages, almost gothic amd west of hollywood are all great tunes!

• Like 2

I recommend the royal scam as the next to check out. Everything up to gaucho is good.

The two discs after gaucho are not as good imo. Of the two, everything must go is better imo than two against nature.

Godwhacker, slang of ages, almost gothic amd west of hollywood are all great tunes!

I listened to Gaucho on the way in today. I like that one as well.

I will listen to Royal Scam next then.

• Like 2

Overall, I think The Royal Scam is their most guitar-oriented album. Great, great record.

I still consider Aja to be their masterpiece, though.

• Like 1

The Royal Scam is one of their best next to Aja. Katy Lied isn't too shabby either.

Don't forget to listen to Pretzel Logic too, and take note of the excellent production of an album from the early seventies. Their producer was the tops.

• Like 1

The Royal Scam is one of their best next to Aja. Katy Lied isn't too shabby either.

Don't forget to listen to Pretzel Logic too, and take note of the excellent production of an album from the early seventies. Their producer was the tops.

Thanks! I was waiting for your best picks!

• Like 1