Screw You, 2016

Disk98

2016 had been mostly a bad year for many reasons I share with few.

But I back it up with lots of good humor......

But 2017 looks to begin on a very positive note for me and my family.

Not a kid..just a new beginning..so don't go there...

I'd love to share but I would frighten most of you people !!

Good for you, my friend. I hope all turns out well for you.

• Like 2

2016 has been my best year on record, full of accomplishment, exploration, companionship, learning, and satisfaction.

If this thread was about 2014 I'd certainly be bitching

• Like 3

This thread is making me feel worse than I already do. :(

:( Sorry, Lorraine. I thought it might be a nice place to vent our frustrations.

:hug2: I just hate to see anyone suffer. I always feel so helpless. And this year I've noticed too many have more than any person should have to go through.

I still don't understand why some people skate through their entire life with little to no problems at all while others hit every bump in the road and get stuck at every stop light.

In regards to some people "skating through life with no problems" vs "others who hit every bump", I have some thoughts on this...

1) Bumps in some lives aren't or can't be seen by others.

2) I believe randomness does happen at times.

Example: I can roll two six-sided dice a thousand times in a row and it's possible that I'll get snake eyes every time. It probably won't happen but it could...not through my doing but through randomness (or I guess whatever deity you believe is in control).

3) A bump in one person's life might not be seen as a bump to them. And vice versa, skating through life might not be seen as such to the person experiencing it.

Example: An old uni flatmate of mine visited me out here years ago. He had done extremely well for himself as a market researcher over the years (six figure income bla bla bla). He knew that I was a teacher and so fashioned in his mind that I was struggling monetarily bla bla bla. I didn't realize I was struggling, he did. From my side, he's always had health problems which required meds everyday and frequent hospital checkups. So I always saw his poor health as HIS never ending bump. However, he simply saw that as his day to day life that's an annoyance but not some major cross. I could go on about much more depressing and darker things that I've seen and experienced but I don't think there's a need to go there.

I'm not sure if understanding WHY these things happen is useful. You may never find that answer. (I know I haven't found a conclusive answer and I've asked myself that WHY question a million times over.) A priest, a rabbi, a monk, and an atheist might tell you different answers to that "WHY" question too. Maybe finding a different view of these situations would suit us better.

• Like 3

Sigh....now Carrie Fisher is in the hospital after having a heart attack on her flight :scared: :o

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=44374255

You already took Prince; don't take the Princess, 2016 :(

Edited by NewWorldMan1971
  • Like 1

Sigh....now Carrie Fisher is in the hospital after having a heart attack on her flight :scared: :o

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=44374255

You already took Prince; don't take the Princess, 2016 :(

I know there are a lot of people out there praying for her.

• Like 2

This thread is making me feel worse than I already do. :(

:( Sorry, Lorraine. I thought it might be a nice place to vent our frustrations.

:hug2: I just hate to see anyone suffer. I always feel so helpless. And this year I've noticed too many have more than any person should have to go through.

I still don't understand why some people skate through their entire life with little to no problems at all while others hit every bump in the road and get stuck at every stop light.

It's called Sod's Law, Lorraine... :hug2:

• Like 1

If 2016 had balls, I'd kick it square in them! :rage:

I just hope it doesn't carry over into 2017.

I know - that's what scares me...

Scares me too. Seriously, I am too old for this. This is the time in a person's life when they shouldn't have to begin anew again.

And on top of the major events, every little stupid thing is going wrong too. For example, I just was wrapping up the lasagna in tin foil and got a tin foil cut on the knuckle of my pinkie and it won't stop bleeding. I know it's a minor and insignificant thing, but I think you know what I mean.

• Like 3

If 2016 had balls, I'd kick it square in them! :rage:

I just hope it doesn't carry over into 2017.

I know - that's what scares me...

Scares me too. Seriously, I am too old for this. This is the time in a person's life when they shouldn't have to begin anew again.

And on top of the major events, every little stupid thing is going wrong too. For example, I just was wrapping up the lasagna in tin foil and got a tin foil cut on the knuckle of my pinkie and it won't stop bleeding. I know it's a minor and insignificant thing, but I think you know what I mean.

:hug2:

• Like 2

Dad died in January.

Dog had to be put down in September.

Wife died in September.

Had to get rid of other dogs due to losing wife.

Pickup truck blew head gaskets and fuel injectors also had to be replaced.

Carolina loses to Clemson in one of the worst beatdowns ever, after I get tickets to go for the first time in my life.

Yeah, bot a good year, but one which will never be forgotten.

• Like 3

Dad died in January.

Dog had to be put down in September.

Wife died in September.

Had to get rid of other dogs due to losing wife.

Pickup truck blew head gaskets and fuel injectors also had to be replaced.

Carolina loses to Clemson in one of the worst beatdowns ever, after I get tickets to go for the first time in my life.

Yeah, bot a good year, but one which will never be forgotten.

So sorry, that was quite a list. Hope you have others to lean on, God Bless you :hug2:

• Like 2