Led Zeppelin Album Elimination - Round 5

toscanobarga

Led Zeppelin Album Elimination - Round 5   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Vote off your least favorite

Houses, though it has a candidate for fave Zep song, OTHAFA. At this point it's almost a coin toss.

Kashmir is freaking amazing. Along with Xanadu, the most epic song ever. The only reason one wouldn't think so is overexposure, like Stairway. Thought I'd clear that up.

Agreed.

• Like 2

III

Listen and rethink your vote, please.

III

Nooooooooo.

Rethink your vote. I wasn't a III fan until I saw LZ perform Celebration Day live in '73. The song is much more powerful live than in studio. III has a lot of gems.

http://youtu.be/nG3UBn6Oer4

III - Friends & Celebration Day

• Like 4

Kashmir is right down there with Rundgren's Bang The Drum All Day on my shitlist of unlistenable music

If the filler wasn't enough, Kashmir seals the deal on Physical Graffiti

Wow. Those are both good songs.

On the other hand you love Kiss and J-pop so I don't feel so bad.

• Like 1

III

Listen and rethink your vote, please.

III

Nooooooooo.

Rethink your vote. I wasn't a III fan until I saw LZ perform Celebration Day live in '73. The song is much more powerful live than in studio. III has a lot of gems.

https://youtu.be/nG3UBn6Oer4

III - Friends & Celebration Day

I can't vote for any of the others. Out of what is left, I like III the least.

Don't fret, Custom, it won't be going this time even with my vote. Looks like PG will be joining Achille. Sad. :(

Kashmir is right down there with Rundgren's Bang The Drum All Day on my shitlist of unlistenable music

Wow. Those are both good songs.

On the other hand you love Kiss and J-pop so I don't feel so bad.

You forgot Mauro Giuliani, Peter Baumann and Jeffrey Koepper

What's you point douchebag ??

You don't need me to feel bad

f***in' KISS fans. :facepalm:
  • Like 1

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

For the Heretics here who find Kashmir a touch dull.. :codger:

Try the O2 2007 live version. It is MASSIVE

https://youtu.be/XEcLA4FU6sc

• Like 2

All this talk of filler on PG. I've never got that. Because several tracks are long? Every track on the first three sides is essential to the personality to the album. The fourth side is a shift -- stylistically and song length -- and a bit of a catch-all, but the tracks are still excellent and the side flows well. I admit though that I'm biased; PG has always been my favorite Zeppelin album. Wouldn't say it's their best -- I'd say that about IV and II first -- but it's always been my favorite. And I think at 82+ minutes of consistently excellent music (IMO) it's a perfect double LP.
  • Like 2

Hey now I am a KISS fan but I also love Kashmir.

• Like 1

All this talk of filler on PG. I've never got that. Because several tracks are long? Every track on the first three sides is essential to the personality to the album. The fourth side is a shift -- stylistically and song length -- and a bit of a catch-all, but the tracks are still excellent and the side flows well. I admit though that I'm biased; PG has always been my favorite Zeppelin album. Wouldn't say it's their best -- I'd say that about IV and II first -- but it's always been my favorite. And I think at 82+ minutes of consistently excellent music (IMO) it's a perfect double LP.

Like many double albums, the quality widely varies. For me it's not about the songs being long. Disc 1 as is stands as absolute gold. PG would be considered an even bigger classic had they only released that as a single album. Its disc 2 where things get patchy. They padded it out with outtakes. In the Light, Wanton Song and Black Country Woman are good. Everything else is meh.

Like many double albums, the quality widely varies. For me it's not about the songs being long. Disc 1 as is stands as absolute gold. PG would be considered an even bigger classic had they only released that as a single album. Its disc 2 where things get patchy. They padded it out with outtakes. In the Light, Wanton Song and Black Country Woman are good. Everything else is meh.

Ten Years Gone and Down by the Seaside are stone cold classics. Lordy what Zep fan doesn't acknowledge how great these 2 songs are????

• Like 3

This x1000

• Like 1

^ Mithrandir beat me to it. Side three is the strongest side hands down, IMO. Ten Years Gone is among their handful of very best. Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Hey now I am a KISS fan but I also love Kashmir.

:LOL:
  • Like 1

In round 1, CODA was dismissed as "not a proper album" because it was assembled from previously unreleased material. It's interesting to me that seven of Physical Graffiti's tracks are also "throwaways" from the prior recording sessions for Zep III, Zep IV and Houses of the Holy. Not a knock on PG, just a wondering on why CODA is so reviled.
  • Like 1

The greatest rock album of all time being voted off ?

Disappointing to say the least.

Oh well, the people voted trump, kept caress of steel around too long when we did this for rush albums, "theres nowt so queer as folk"

Edited by toscanobarga
  • Like 1

In round 1, CODA was dismissed as "not a proper album" because it was assembled from previously unreleased material. It's interesting to me that seven of Physical Graffiti's tracks are also "throwaways" from the prior recording sessions for Zep III, Zep IV and Houses of the Holy. Not a knock on PG, just a wondering on why CODA is so reviled.

Coda was released because of contractual obligations. It is an album comprised fully of outtakes. Physical Graffiti was a situation where they were recording an album and ended up with too much material for a single album, but not enough material for a double album. So they padded that album with outtakes. Personally, I enjoy Coda, but it's the Led Zeppelin album I enjoy the least.

• Like 1