Debuts clash: Led Zeppelin I vs Rush?

Texas King

Debuts clash: Led Zeppelin I or Rush?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Led Zeppelin I or Rush?

• Led Zeppelin I
    • Rush

Funny how Rush's debut is criticized for showing the Zep influence, but Led Zep's debut is filled with outright theft

Actually, not funny, esp to the struggling and unknown musicians Page stole from, uncredited until they won the lawsuits

Be that as it may, the Rush debut is much more exciting and fun for me

I someone wants to post what they think is Rush ripping of Led Zeppelin, we'll compare the "rip of factor" to this

As of 2016 it is now widely recognized that Holmes is the author of the song.... Page, while on tour with the Yardbirds in 1967, saw Holmes perform the song in Greenwich Village. Within months, he had adapted the song for that group, and later, for Led Zeppelin. Page claimed sole songwriting credit for the song when it appeared on Led Zeppelin's debut album. Holmes later sent Page a letter about the songwriting credits but received no reply.[14]

In June 2010, Holmes filed a lawsuit against Jimmy Page for copyright infringement in United States District Court, claiming Page knowingly copied his work.[15]

November 2012's release of Celebration Day (The Led Zeppelin Reunion Show at the O2) credits "Dazed and Confused" as written by Jimmy Page (inspired by Jake Holmes).

On the CD and vinyl re-releases of the debut album in June 2014, the songwriting credits on the CD or vinyl state "Dazed and Confused"; Page – inspired by Jake Holmes. There are no songwriting credits on the vinyl sleeve or CD jewel case.[16]

Edited by Lucas

Funny how Rush's debut is criticized for showing the Zep influence, but Led Zep's debut is filled with outright theft

Actually, not funny, esp to the struggling and unknown musicians Page stole from, uncredited until they won the lawsuits

Be that as it may, the Rush debut is much more exciting and fun for me

Fun is the perfect word.

Led Zeppelin is great. It sounds like a diverse and wonderful album.

Yes, lots of influences. You can pinpoint tonnes of borrowed bits and pieces.

But with Rush they don't sound inspired by lots of things. They sound like Led Zeppelin fan boys.

Also...I absolutely adore LZ1. The debut Rush album is fun but it's like a high school drama team production of a stage play, not the real thing.

And Led Zeppelin took their influences and made something truly incredible. Rush took one influence and made a Led Zeppelin tribute album.

• Like 1

Led Zeppelin is great. It sounds like a diverse and wonderful album.

Yes, lots of influences. You can pinpoint tonnes of borrowed bits and pieces.

But with Rush they don't sound inspired by lots of things. They sound like Led Zeppelin fan boys.

Also...I absolutely adore LZ1. The debut Rush album is fun but it's like a high school drama team production of a stage play, not the real thing.

And Led Zeppelin took their influences and made something truly incredible. Rush took one influence and made a Led Zeppelin tribute album.

couldn't have put it better.

not that that tribute isn't fun but........you know it's cute that's all really, lol.

Mick

Also had Led Zeppelin flopped no one would care that they "stole" stuff from other artists. But because they made it big everyone makes a stink about it.

But it was a first time effort by a band that had less than two days to record and it is absolutely amazing! I have yet to hear a single song they allegedly ripped off that is better than the LZ song.

You can't knock down LZ1 for being a knock off and then praise Rush for being underrated. If that debut Rush album was as big and popular as LZ1 the same rules would apply.

Thankfully we got Fly By Night after Rush and things became way more interesting!

• Like 1

Also had Led Zeppelin flopped no one would care that they "stole" stuff from other artists. But because they made it big everyone makes a stink about it.

But it was a first time effort by a band that had less than two days to record and it is absolutely amazing! I have yet to hear a single song they allegedly ripped off that is better than the LZ song.

You can't knock down LZ1 for being a knock off and then praise Rush for being underrated. If that debut Rush album was as big and popular as LZ1 the same rules would apply.

Thankfully we got Fly By Night after Rush and things became way more interesting!

And had that continued and Rush flopped. Rush would be in those online articles.....you know like Remember these copycat bands?

i'm not wrong, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Also LZ1 is one of the most thrilling albums of all time. I have been addicted to it recently and it's my number one LZ album.

It's just a massive explosion of riffs and crazy energy and it's all shade of AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAH BOI!

The debut Rush album is boring. And I found it boring before I even connected that sound to Led Zeppelin. If Led Zeppelin never existed and the debut Rush album took the place of LZ1, in all honesty I doubt it would have made much of an impact.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Also LZ1 is one of the most thrilling albums of all time. I have been addicted to it recently and it's my number one LZ album.

It's just a massive explosion of riffs and crazy energy and it's all shade of AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAH BOI!

The debut Rush album is boring. And I found it boring before I even connected that sound to Led Zeppelin. If Led Zeppelin never existed and the debut Rush album took the place of LZ1, in all honesty I doubt it would have made much of an impact.

Blame youth and poor John Rutsey.