Rush Time Stand Still returns to cinemas. One Night Only!

JohnnyBlaze

Time Stand Still returns to cinemas  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch it on November 17th?

• Of course! I want to cry in the cinema with Rush folk again!
    • Yes! I missed it the first time around. I'd like to cry with my Rush brethen.
    • No. Once was enough. I wouldn't be able to cry as hard as last time.
    • No. The stupid cinemas near my place don't show it. I want to kill...and cry!
    • I might. I still haven't stopped crying from the first viewing.
    • No, I can wait until the DVD. I like crying in the sanctity of my abode.

I thought it only just came out? :wtf:

One night only on November 3rd. So this is the second ONE NIGHT ONLY time.

So what's the logic behind that? Make the real money off the DVD?

The logic is that you've been pestering them and DEMANDING to see it again. So, good job duck!

• Like 2

Could they have made finding a theater any more difficult ??

From the info I can get, there is only one theater in all of NJ that is showing it on Nov 17th .. at 7:30 on a Thursday ??

I guess using the frustration factor is a good way of getting people who work and live in the middle of nowhere to order the bluray

Dang it. I missed the last one due to a more important matter and I'll be on the road on this day. Bummer...

No. The stupid cinemas near my place don't show it. I want to kill...and cry!

I'm in the same killing and crying boat! :blaze:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, JB !!!! I missed it last week because I was sick from my flu shot. This is great! It is even in a theater only about 25 min. away !!

But can't you and Zumbi preorder it from Amazon US and get it mailed out on the 18th, when it comes out? Or will it be the wrong Region for the DVD players that you have? Or can you just get it on Blu-Ray? ( I am probably the only person in the world that still has just DVD . . . )

THANK YOU SO MUCH, JB !!!! I missed it last week because I was sick from my flu shot. This is great! It is even in a theater only about 25 min. away !!

But can't you and Zumbi preorder it from Amazon US and get it mailed out on the 18th, when it comes out? Or will it be the wrong Region for the DVD players that you have? Or can you just get it on Blu-Ray? ( I am probably the only person in the world that still has just DVD . . . )

No problem.

Sure I've got Blu-Ray but that doesn't mean it's region free. Nearly all of the DVDs I bought stateside do NOT play on my Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray for this doc will likely be available early next month...at import costs probably.. :blaze:

No problem.

Sure I've got Blu-Ray but that doesn't mean it's region free. Nearly all of the DVDs I bought stateside do NOT play on my Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray for this doc will likely be available early next month...at import costs probably.. :blaze:

:( Shoot, that's too bad. I thought DVD's were region free for some reason.

No problem.

I asked some Best Buy staff about that a few years ago. He said something about having to set some code/settings on the player and bla bla bla he didn't know how to do that and that he had to ask his manager and bla bla bla. I got so bored with his rambling explanation that i wanted to switch back to VHS.

Of course there are some region free players but I've never seen them.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

No problem.

Here's a weird one: a few years ago I bought a 4 pack of DVDs (Stanley Kubrick) for some absurdly cheap price from Target. I brought them back here to play on my Blu-Ray and 2 worked (2001 and Eyes Wide Shut) and 2 didn't (The Shining and Barry Lyndon). Of course, the latter two can play on the computer but that's a crap way to watch a flick.

No problem.

JB, Blu-Ray for Japan and the USA are the same - both Region A

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I've got a ton from Japan :LOL:

EDIT .. OK, I see what you're sayin ' .... Blu ray comes out later than DVD

http://www.tweaking4all.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/blu-ray_region_codes.png

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

No problem.

That's good news for the Blu-Ray but most of my U.S. bought DVDs won't work on my Blu-Ray.

• Like 1

No problem.

That's good news for the Blu-Ray but most of my U.S. bought DVDs won't work on my Blu-Ray.

I bought this about 6 months ago - it's amazing, plays everything ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-BDP-S5500-ALL-REGION-FREE-BLU-RAY-DVD-PLAYER-A-B-C-0-9-PAL-NTSC-/131578659651?hash=item1ea2b30343:g:t7EAAOSw9N1Vw4XX

• Like 1