What did you previously love that you now don't care for?

x1yyz

Clubbing. And staying out late (until 2, 3, 4 am and beyond). Sleeping until noon.

Clubbish dancing for me. I used to tear it up, but now...YAWN.

I do like old-timey ballroom dance, though.

People.

If this isn't a joke, why would you frequent a message board loaded with people talking about anything and nothing?

It's somewhat jokey, but as I go through life, I find myself be less and less tolerant of idiots, and it seems there are more of them all the time. Plus, none of you are real. You might as well be robots or automatons (same thing?) because I don't have to interact with you in person.

People.

If this isn't a joke, why would you frequent a message board loaded with people talking about anything and nothing?

It's somewhat jokey, but as I go through life, I find myself be less and less tolerant of idiots, and it seems there are more of them all the time. Plus, none of you are real. You might as well be robots or automatons (same thing?) because I don't have to interact with you in person.

"There are only forty people in the world, and five of them are hamburgers."

Don Van Vliet

• Like 5

People.

Writing fellow internetters off as not real or not having to interact with them allows some to be the dick that they know they can't be in the real world. It's weak.

The "less tolerant of idiots" and "more of them all the time" I can understand. Being less tolerant is probably more connected to getting old and weathered more than anything else. Not sure if there's actually more idiots though. Probably are but who knows?

• Like 4

People.

Writing fellow internetters off as not real or not having to interact with them allows some to be the dick that they know they can't be in the real world. It's weak.

The "less tolerant of idiots" and "more of them all the time" I can understand. Being less tolerant is probably more connected to getting old and weathered more than anything else. Not sure if there's actually more idiots though. Probably are but who knows?

I can definitely see all points here .... But what I believe to be true is that people tend to hate what they fail to acknowledge in themselves . .

• Like 6

People.

I can definitely see all points here .... But what I believe to be true is that people tend to hate what they fail to acknowledge in themselves . .

:goodone:

• Like 2

People.

Often but not always true I think.

• Like 2

Drive-in Theaters...they were just great places to make out from what I remember...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/cyclops%20banana.gif

People.

I'm not only a robot, I'm an alien robot. But I'm definitely real.

• Like 1

People.

I'm not only a robot, I'm an alien robot. But I'm definitely real.

I KNEW IT! :hail:

• Like 1

People.

Don Van Vliet

Yup. Sounds like one of Frank Zappa's friends...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

• Like 1

A woman I know was offered a chance to model in the early 2000's.

Now...things went bad...she kind of got sucked into sex slavery.

Now. I don't hate her for this. It is awful. I know this because I suffered the same thing. This is how I know her. She has helped me through therapy by coming to meetings.

I've got a lot of anger and pain and trust issues.

Now...I just found out that she has made a film. A graphic film. She stars in it. Her own story. She acts out vivid rape scenes. Some of these scenes mirror what happened to me...in such detail...I can't even cope.

I haven't seen the film. I won't see it. I've been shown screenshots and the trailer and I am disgusted. Why? She sent me an email with the link to the trailer and asking for my support and you know what? I feel like I have been kicked in the stomach.

I am so angry...so angry that she makes money off her torment and expects me to feel supportive. I can't believe the very tragedies that curse so many in our position...things we can't talk about...are now shared for the world to see.

I can't say I believe her story. I can't see how what happened to her can be restaged for the big screen.

I am so flipping angry. Two years I suffered severe abuse. Hospitalised. BEATEN. Atacked in such a way I still struggle to even be in a room alone with my father or a best friend without feeling unsafe. I can't even talk out loud what I went through...

I've told her intimate details of what I went through though. I could do this because she knew what I'd been through amd she felt like the only one whod get me. SHE'D Skype or pop into therapy with me when in the UK...and now I find out she was making a movie and the trailer is full of scenes that are so close to the bone for me I'm struggling to believe it's her experiences.

I'm shaking angry. I don't know if I'm justified but right now I am so mad.

I am now so upset because there are hinge I need to talk about and I could only do it with her. These scenes are too similar to my experiences for me to believe it's a coincidence. BUT how the hell do I sort this out?

I can't. And she sends an email with a link.

I don't want to imply we are friends really...or were...she was introduced to me through therapy and she's helped me see things...yes I'm grateful. But did I trade my life's horror for a bit of comfort?

Edited by Segue Myles

People.

Don Van Vliet

Yup. Sounds like one of Frank Zappa's friends...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

Were they friends or hamburgers? Probably both.

• Like 1

Segue- the only thing I can suggest is that different people deal with their experiences in different ways. And I know that may come across as a weak sort of rationale...but it may have been something that your friend felt that she 'needed' to do, just as with any other kind of therapy.

It certainly does not mean that you have to watch it, nor that you should have to be supportive of her endeavor at all. You don't.

But 'live and let live' is the best credo that I can offer. I think that's all that it comes down to.

• Like 2

Segue- the only thing I can suggest is that different people deal with their experiences in different ways. And I know that may come across as a weak sort of rationale...but it may have been something that your friend felt that she 'needed' to do, just as with any other kind of therapy.

It certainly does not mean that you have to watch it, nor that you should have to be supportive of her endeavor at all. You don't.

But 'live and let live' is the best credo that I can offer. I think that's all that it comes down to.

I was so angry last night...and...erm...drinking...

I woke up this morning with this exact mind set.

Odd how sleep soothes out these things...

• Like 3

That has increasingly become my credo over the years...."Live and LET Live"...it causes a LOT less problems as life goes on... I've come to the conclusion that I LOVE to ELIMINATE stress in my live in ANY WAY I can.....Good luck, my friend!

:banana:

• Like 2

That has increasingly become my credo over the years...."Live and LET Live"...it causes a LOT less problems as life goes on... I've come to the conclusion that I LOVE to ELIMINATE stress in my live in ANY WAY I can.....Good luck, my friend!

:banana:

Live and let live is a very easy thing to say when you aren't in my shoes.

But I know what you mean.

But you don't just leave stuff like this in your past like a bad argument.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear that a good sleep has helped you, Segue!

I agree with Blue J, and would like to add that sometimes people really don't know how to present their experiences or theories related to trauma in a non-graphic manner. The act itself is sometimes the only way they imagine to open a dialogue or even to describe the aftermath of their experience. I know that may sound strange but I've witnessed it countless times.

Hopefully that is the case in your situation, and not that she was exploiting your experience for her film as it sounded like you were suspecting.

:hug2:

• Like 1

I agree with Blue J, and would like to add that sometimes people really don't know how to present their experiences or theories related to trauma in a non-graphic manner. The act itself is sometimes the only way they imagine to open a dialogue or even to describe the aftermath of their experience. I know that may sound strange but I've witnessed it countless times.

Hopefully that is the case in your situation, and not that she was exploiting your experience for her film as it sounded like you were suspecting.

I've contacted her. I've cooled so much I think I was in a bit of a frenzy last night.

Things trigger me at times and it sends me into a manic spiral and had I not fallen asleep I think I would likely have been bad last night.

I do think she is brave. But to make this film whilst helping others and not letting them no feels like an odd sort of betrayal.

The film is called Selling Isobel.

I feel ashamed really that I felt she was being an exhibitionist. We have had similar experiences...mine was longer and more intense and involved more complexity (I was really tormented mentally and actually paid for real modelling and actually had a career whilst being groomed behind the scenes in ways that sadly she experienced).

I'd say she suffered more as I had lost the plot and found myself accepting of terrifying ordeals whilst she was in constant terror and never quite lost her sense of reality. She never suffered Stockholm syndrome which is something I have and for this reason I think she is able to disconnect herself from what happened and discuss openly minute details whereas I feel I still fail to understand I was betrayed and abused...I know I was but the perpetrators...I still feel I owe them an apology (don't ask I know). To talk about what happened still feels like a betrayal of their trust. But all the same...it was a shock and it will be a while before I can feel proud of her.

I guess I should be though.

Sorry I'm being so open...it's dominating my mind again atm and I find this sharing selfishly therapeutic. I'm aware I'm saying more than I should but I just need a faceless someone to talk too...I can't bare another close friend or therapist looking me in the face right now asking me how I am...

Edited by Segue Myles

I've contacted her. I've cooled so much I think I was in a bit of a frenzy last night.

Things trigger me at times and it sends me into a manic spiral and had I not fallen asleep I think I would likely have been bad last night.

I do think she is brave. But to make this film whilst helping others and not letting them no feels like an odd sort of betrayal.

The film is called Selling Isobel.

I feel ashamed really that I felt she was being an exhibitionist. We have had similar experiences...mine was longer and more intense and involved more complexity (I was really tormented mentally and actually paid for real modelling and actually had a career whilst being groomed behind the scenes in ways that sadly she experienced).

I'd ay he suffered more as I had lost the plot and found myself accepting of terrifying ordeals whilst she was in constant terror. But all the same...it was a shock and it will be a while before I can feel proud of her.

I guess I should be though.

Sorry I'm being so open...it's dominating my mind again atm and I find this selfishly therapeutic.

I don't think that you should apologize for being open. There are folks here who care about you and are always willing to listen/help.

Do take good care, and try to go easy on yourself--you've been through (and are dealing with) an awful lot, after all.

It all goes right back to what Blue J was saying: different people have different ways of healing :)