A Dream Theater Poll - Images vs Scenes

KenJennings

Images vs Scenes  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is better?

• Images and Words
    • Scenes from a Memory

I don't think Octavarium is all that...to be truthfully honest...the album is second favourite for me based on what came before it lol. I especially hate the way it ends. Annoys me...I don't like the vocals at all and it just goes nowhere for me.

It ends EXACTLY like Kansas´ The Wall.

And in between it sounds like lots of other things...

I dunno I find the most ambitious DT epics are often the tracks where they sound most derivative. I don't feel the WOW factor.

Count Of Tuscany is enjoyable to me because the story is so cheesy and the music has so much drama it comes off silly, but in a way I can get on board with.

Scenes is a good album but I find it stays the same all the way through mood wise...it's brilliant in its own way but over time Six Degrees has come to impress me way more. Both discs.

I think my top five DT albums are:

1. Six Degrees (9/10)

2. Octavarium (8/10)

3. Train Of Thought (8/10)

4. Black Clouds (8/10)

5. Falling Into Infinity (8/10)

I'm glad I got to see the whole thing before they caved.

I imagine they are doing the nostalgia tour to finance their next album, but it comes to the US and I imagine it will, it will be the first Dream Theater tour I've ever missed.

I have no interest in a 100 percent nostalgia set.

Of course, if they were going to play the first album, Six Degrees or Octavarium, I may have to change my opinion on that, but even then I'd have to think about it.

• Like 1

I'd imagine that they'd do a more diverse set to compensate for playing virtually nothing but The Astonishing whether the album was well received or not.

Even so. It would be the first tour that they played nothing that was new. Unless they decided to road test something (which they have not done in 20 years.)

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I probably don't need to see that.