Congrats Me, 20,000 Posts!

Permanent-Rush

Look, it's usually bad form to start a congratulatory thread for yourself, but I don't think that gives people permission to make fun of the OP.

It does not. I did not join this forum to get made fun of.

Nobody joins a forum to be made fun of. But in all fairness, you bring a lot of this on yourself. Most of your posts ARE spam -- which is fine, until you congratulate yourself for it. You bring a lot of negative attention to yourself, almost like you're doing it on purpose. Not that any of that gives people permission to pile on that they have in this thread, but you have to know that you have some influence on how you're treated in here, or in any community.

Read Lucas' post again, especially the last sentence. You called his post "rude," but it's rude to you because it's not what you wanted to hear. You don't seem to not want to listen to people who are giving you advice and constructive criticism, and because you refuse to listen, they start making fun of you. Again, I'm not saying they have permission to make fun of you, because they don't. But you're giving these people a reason, and you can simply stop doing that.

• Like 4

Look, it's usually bad form to start a congratulatory thread for yourself, but I don't think that gives people permission to make fun of the OP.

Nobody joins a forum to be made fun of. But in all fairness, you bring a lot of this on yourself. Most of your posts ARE spam -- which is fine, until you congratulate yourself for it. You bring a lot of negative attention to yourself, almost like you're doing it on purpose. Not that any of that gives people permission to pile on that they have in this thread, but you have to know that you have some influence on how you're treated in here, or in any community.

Read Lucas' post again, especially the last sentence. You called his post "rude," but it's rude to you because it's not what you wanted to hear. You don't seem to not want to listen to people who are giving you advice and constructive criticism, and because you refuse to listen, they start making fun of you. Again, I'm not saying they have permission to make fun of you, because they don't. But you're giving these people a reason, and you can simply stop doing that.

I know.

It is not rude to me because it is not wanted to hear, I just thought it was a rude post.

Surrender, seriously, what are you congratulating yourself for, and do you expect anyone here to be impressed ??

This is not an accomplishment, and in truth, I ventured into that Spam thread the other night and I felt like one of the tourists in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre who stumbles into the killer's house and finds a bunch of dead bodies ..

You've got a lot going for you in terms of passion for music and being open minded, but spending time posting nonsense and then expecting to be congratulated for it is bullshit

That was rude :(

did you learn anything? I wasn't even going to post. Congratulating YOURSELF? I agree with Lucas that that is bullshit. If you hate people hating you, why do you keep doing this type of stuff? I think this thread is kinda RUDE to the rest of us in this forum. Truthfully, you are NOT terrifically bad, but then I keep seeing this type of stuff and it makes me wonder, ya know? Treat others the way you'd like to be treated! It's a good maxim! :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Burning%20Banana.gif

What stuff?

Surrender, seriously, what are you congratulating yourself for, and do you expect anyone here to be impressed ??

This is not an accomplishment, and in truth, I ventured into that Spam thread the other night and I felt like one of the tourists in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre who stumbles into the killer's house and finds a bunch of dead bodies ..

You've got a lot going for you in terms of passion for music and being open minded, but spending time posting nonsense and then expecting to be congratulated for it is bullshit

Nope.

It was being very honest. There is a difference between that and being rude.

I seemed like he was being rude.

Well he's right. You've made a thread. Congratulating yourself, for posting something stuff nobody has ever read

People have read my stuff.

Nope. She hasn't learned anything. Teen angst in full tilt occurence, folks. You know, "Being Obtuse, for Obtusenesses' sake" Page 342 in the "I'm a TEENAGER, DAMMIT!" handbook.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bondage%20banana.gif

I know.

It is not rude to me because it is not wanted to hear, I just thought it was a rude post.

I know you thought it was just rude, and that's the problem. It was not rude, it was constructive and he pointed out the things about your posting that are positive, and you should be focusing on THOSE things.

• Like 2

I know.

I know you thought it was just rude, and that's the problem. It was not rude, it was constructive and he pointed out the things about your posting that are positive, and you should be focusing on THOSE things.

I know, but he said "spending time posting nonsense and then expecting to be congratulated for it is bullshit"

I know.

I know, but he said "spending time posting nonsense and then expecting to be congratulated for it is bullshit"

What's wrong with that? You literally posted "if u were a gifted/talented child who grew into an anxious adult w fragile self worth and a perfectionist streak that makes u abandon things if ur not good at them immediately clap ur hands" several hundred times. Then counted hundreds of posts in that infinity thread I made. I'm not saying I'm better because I'm guilty of posting lots of crap too, but I don't go around patting myself on the back for it

• Like 3

I know.

Wow.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/black%20eyed%20banana.png

What's wrong with that? You literally posted "if u were a gifted/talented child who grew into an anxious adult w fragile self worth and a perfectionist streak that makes u abandon things if ur not good at them immediately clap ur hands" several hundred times. Then counted hundreds of posts in that infinity thread I made. I'm not saying I'm better because I'm guilty of posting lots of crap too, but I don't go around patting myself on the back for it

I know I did. Sorry about that.

All right.

I know.

Yes, that was the constructive part of it. He worded it strongly, but he's right. It's bad form to start a post count thread for yourself, especially when most of your posts are spam. Like it or not, despite the fact that TOST is for spamming, most people here look down on spam, especially when a person posts thousands of spam posts a day, or even a week.

Look at how this thread has blown up. A thread about you reaching a post level and look how it's going. Ask yourself why that is. Or more importantly, ask yourself how you can make this stop. Because you CAN make this stop. Very easily.

• Like 4

Surrender, one of my favorite people here is Earl ( RUSHHEAD666 ) ... Back in Feb, he posted this thread, and I said something that you might have considered rude, but in truth, it was just honest .. Earl and I PMd each other and he understood ...

I did it because I like him

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/98115-i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-instantly-last-night-while-listening-to-anthem-in-my-buddys-new-porsche-carrera-the-black-barchetta-of-death-nope/

If someone takes the time to be honest, it is not necessarily because they are being rude ..

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I know.

Yes, that was the constructive part of it. He worded it strongly, but he's right. It's bad form to start a post count thread for yourself, especially when most of your posts are spam. Like it or not, despite the fact that TOST is for spamming, most people here look down on spam, especially when a person posts thousands of spam posts a day, or even a week.

Look at how this thread has blown up. A thread about you reaching a post level and look how it's going. Ask yourself why that is. Or more importantly, ask yourself how you can make this stop. Because you CAN make this stop. Very easily.

I could post less TOST.

I know.

I could post less TOST.

And you could stop complaining about every person who does something you don't like. That's actually way more important than the spamming.

• Like 1

I know.

I could post less TOST.

And you could stop complaining about every person who does something you don't like. That's actually way more important than the spamming.

All right :)

• Like 2

I know.

I could post less TOST.

Yes, but when you post in other threads try bringing something else to the table with your comments instead of just saying stuff like "no" "agreed" "great band" and so on. Stuff like that really adds nothing to the conversation.

Why do you agree with that post? Why do you think that a band is great? That's what you need to focus on. That's why people have a problem with you and not posters like Union or Mr Not who are in the spam threads all the time. Outside of the spam, they bring meaningful things to the discussions going on here.

If you did that, people wouldn't get on you so much for being a spam poster.

• Like 2

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19c0pc4gggkjijpg/original.jpg

That's a powerful cat, you can tell because it can shit whole skulls!! :blaze:

"Shit Whole Skulls" - there's the band name I've been looking for!

• Like 2

I could post less TOST.

Yes, but when you post in other threads try bringing something else to the table with your comments instead of just saying stuff like "no" "agreed" "great band" and so on. Stuff like that really adds nothing to the conversation.

Why do you agree with that post? Why do you think that a band is great? That's what you need to focus on. That's why people have a problem with you and not posters like Union or Mr Not who are in the spam threads all the time. Outside of the spam, they bring meaningful things to the discussions going on here.

If you did that, people wouldn't get on you so much for being a spam poster.

Bingo.

• Like 3

"...and BINGO was his NAME-O!!!"

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Singing%20Bananas.jpg

did you learn anything? I wasn't even going to post. Congratulating YOURSELF?

Yeah...What's next for 74? Begging for a member title?

;)

• Like 2

;)

I like my member title the way it is.

;)

I like my member title the way it is.

No.

• Like 4