I head Rob kicked a fan's phone out of his hand at a concert recently. Supposedly the fan was taking a video with flash on for the whole concert right n the front row and Halford got really annoyed. I wonder if he tried to ask him to turn off the flash or put the phone down first.

I head Rob kicked a fan's phone out of his hand at a concert recently. Supposedly the fan was taking a video with flash on for the whole concert right n the front row and Halford got really annoyed. I wonder if he tried to ask him to turn off the flash or put the phone down first.

Quote from Halford:

"The facts are we love our fans and you can film us all you like and watch our show on your phone rather than in the flesh. However, if you physically interfere with The Metal God's performance, you now know what will happen."

• Like 4

I have enjoyed plenty of concert videos recorded by phone on YouTube. But I never think of taking out my phone during a show. It is literally the furthest thing from my mind when watching a band I paid money to see.
  • Like 1

Had the awesome pleasure of seeing Priest two nights in a row in a 2,500 seat theater. No setlist variations unfortunately. Was hoping for a surprise inclusion on night 2 like Rapid Fire or Delivering The Goods, but nope. The new tunes from Firepower sound great. Necromancer is a killer opener! Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

I have enjoyed plenty of concert videos recorded by phone on YouTube. But I never think of taking out my phone during a show. It is literally the furthest thing from my mind when watching a band I paid money to see.

I wouldn't ever try bringing in any recording devices, and cameras to concerts for recording, and taking photos because it's illegal to do, and the risk of getting them taken away, too.

I wouldn't ever try bringing in any recording devices, and cameras to concerts for recording, and taking photos because it's illegal to do, and the risk of getting them taken away, too.

Um, you are aware that everyone has a phone now and there is nothing illegal about recording shows and taking pictures these days, right? Most bands welcome fans to do it. It's only illegal if the person is trying to profit from it without the bands permission.

Nobody is getting their phones taken away at a concert unless they're causing a serious problem or in rare cases it's requested by the band that nobody records anything which doesn't happen too often. It's just the way of the world now. There are far too many people recording things with phones for anyone to put a stop to it.

• Like 1

His issue was that the flash was on and it was affecting his performance.

Those lights are seriously damaging to eyesight, the guy was a t**t to have had it on.

• Like 5

I usually bring a small camera and take some photos and/or video during shows, but not for the entire show and I try to do it subtly. Turning the flash off and keeping your camera out of other people's line of sight should be no-brainers.
  • Like 3

Um, you are aware that everyone has a phone now and there is nothing illegal about recording shows and taking pictures these days, right? Most bands welcome fans to do it. It's only illegal if the person is trying to profit from it without the bands permission.

The only thing I'll add to this is that it might be illegal in certain jurisdictions if the venue has such a policy in place. Copyright of performances, etc.

Most times though if photography isn't allowed it's because of a band or venue preference, even if that photography isn't actually illegal. Violating venue policy might open one up to ejection - which in turn could bring trespassing into play. Private property - play by their rules.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I was thinking of "Copyright infringement", which there is, and has been, and including using any types of phones like, and example an Iphone. Another thing that has been bad is not just the flashes, but people using lasers, too. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I was thinking of "Copyright infringement", which there is, and has been, and including using any types of phones like, and example an Iphone. Another thing that has been bad is not just the flashes, but people using lasers, too.

Lasers are bad news. Even a fraction of a second of exposure can damage someone's retina permanently.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

BTW, I don't blame Rob at all for kicking that phone. He has only one set of eyes.

I bet the security crew got chewed out after the show though. If not security, then you'd think that someone on the sidelines - even one of the guitar techs would have seen that and ran out to handle.

• Like 1

I wonder if he tried to ask him to turn off the flash or put the phone down first.

Probably not. I still don't blame him for kicking it off.

Now, if that were Bruce, he'd stop the show. Wait a minute, wait a minute!!! (band stops). You... yeah, you with the phone, you bloody cu**. You're gonna fock up my eyes, yeah!!?? Put that thing away before I shove it up your fokking ass!!!

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

I've never seen Halford raise his leg off the ground like he did when he kicked that phone. He always takes these slow, short and deliberate steps on stage. It was so funny to see him do that.
  • Like 2

I've never seen Halford raise his leg off the ground like he did when he kicked that phone. He always takes these slow, short and deliberate steps on stage. It was so funny to see him do that.

Dragging Iron Feet.

Laser beam hot..... blasting phones apart.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

I wonder if he tried to ask him to turn off the flash or put the phone down first.

Probably not. I still don't blame him for kicking it off.

Now, if that were Bruce, he'd stop the show. Wait a minute, wait a minute!!! (band stops). You... yeah, you with the phone, you bloody cu**. You're gonna fock up my eyes, yeah!!?? Put that thing away before I shove it up your fokking ass!!!

Yep, that's exactly what Bruce would say. He's called out fans at the front of the stage who were smoking because breathing it in hurts his voice.

• Like 1

They just cancelled tomorrow night's show in Colorado Springs due to Rob Halford being sick with Bronchitis

They have to do things like this every now and then so they can get people to think that Halford is human and not in fact made of indestructible metal.

• Like 2