Wow...there are some pretty cheap tickets to a show near me.

Tell me, is Glenn pretty regularly showing up to do a couple songs? Or is it more luck of the draw?

• Like 1

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford says that Glenn Tipton has commenced the songwriting process for the follow-up to last year's "Firepower" album.

The guitarist announced his retirement from touring in February 2018 after revealing his unfortunate diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. He passed on the torch to the producer of the "Firepower" album, Andy Sneap.

Asked in a new interview with "Do You Know Jack?" if fans can look forward to another PRIEST studio album in the not-too-distant future, Halford replied (hear audio below): "Absolutely. In fact, Glenn's back in the U.K. now making riffs and going through… We have massive archives of riffs. It never stops. That's the joy of PRIEST in terms of creativity — we never seem to slow down. And when you get a successful record like 'Firepower', that motivates you even further. Any band will tell you that. You feed off the energy of what your fans are giving you. You wanna see your fans again and you wanna bring your fans something different next time. So that means making another metal song, which, amplify that by 10 ideas, and you've got another album. So that's the plan. There will be another album from PRIEST in the very near future."

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Wow...there are some pretty cheap tickets to a show near me.

Tell me, is Glenn pretty regularly showing up to do a couple songs? Or is it more luck of the draw?

I think they may have him appear at certain choice gigs or otherwise it depends on his health and/or logistics/schedules.

• Like 1

We have a 15 minute slot only, but I have my questions written up already. And I won't ask about KK Downing.

I WANT SAD WINGS PLAYED ALL THE WAY THROUGH!

One of the greatest albums on the Earth.

Next to "Hemispheres."

DUH!!!

• Like 1

We have a 15 minute slot only, but I have my questions written up already. And I won't ask about KK Downing.

I WANT SAD WINGS PLAYED ALL THE WAY THROUGH!

One of the greatest albums on the Earth.

Next to "Hemispheres."

DUH!!!

Nah it won't happen Earl, the band don't like the song Epitaph for instance, even though I think it's a great ballad.

ayHRbRB.jpg

Was this a recent appearance or from last year?

Every time I see new tour artwork with Glenn like you posted a page or two ago, I get hopeful that his condition is under control enough that he can come out and play rhythm for a whole show. Richie could easily play all the leads himself. Sneap is gonna leave at some point and then I wonder what they'll do. Call KK?

• Like 1

ayHRbRB.jpg

Was this a recent appearance or from last year?

Every time I see new tour artwork with Glenn like you posted a page or two ago, I get hopeful that his condition is under control enough that he can come out and play rhythm for a whole show. Richie could easily play all the leads himself. Sneap is gonna leave at some point and then I wonder what they'll do. Call KK?

Yeah this is from last year.

They should call KK but who knows? Hopefully he comes back into the fold at the end of this tour cycle the way Halford did when he was at loggerheads with the band.

• Like 1

This must be some kind of festival gig or something because it's pretty short:

Necromancer

(Live debut)

The Sentinel

(Tour debut, first time since 26 May 2012)

Heading Out to the Highway

Judas Rising

Out in the Cold

(Tour debut, first time since 16 December 1986)

Halls of Valhalla

(Tour debut)

Spectre

(Live debut)

Killing Machine

Hell Bent for Leather

Breaking the Law

(with Glenn Tipton)

Encore:

Living After Midnight

(with Glenn Tipton)

Think you missed a few. Setlist site shows 18, which is pretty close to normal.

And holy ****, what an overhaul! Can't say I love all of the new deep cuts, but I admire their guts for shaking it up.

And finally no TL!

• Like 1

And holy ****, what an overhaul! Can't say I love all of the new deep cuts, but I admire their guts for shaking it up.

And finally no TL!

They must have updated it later and finished it off. That was all that was there when I checked it.

And finally no TL!

Yeah for a song that isn't regarded as a classic Turbo Lover has had one of the longest runs of any song in the Priest setlist.