Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

Narps' avatar is animated?  :unsure: Who knew. :huh:

Sponsored Post

#62 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 August 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Even if you spent some time with me, animated would be the last word one would use to describe me... :lol: I think she is referring to the Modern Day Warrior moniker that we both have... :unsure:

#63 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostNarps, on 04 August 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

Even if you spent some time with me, animated would be the last word one would use to describe me... :lol: I think she is referring to the Modern Day Warrior moniker that we both have... :unsure:

:lol:   Thanks for explaining.  I thought maybe I had one more thing to add to my High Speed Wish List:  Talking Avatars.

#64 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 August 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 04 August 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

:lol:   Thanks for explaining.  I thought maybe I had one more thing to add to my High Speed Wish List:  Talking Avatars.
Nope. It's just my mug as usual in any manner of expressions at any given time... :codger:

#65 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

It's different being a girl. A lot, if not most, of the guys I ever dated liked Rush to some extent. Most guys like Rush. Most girls, do not. So, it's easy being a female Rush fan because you know at some point you'll see some Rush in your guy's music collection.

#66 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostJanie, on 04 August 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

It's different being a girl. A lot, if not most, of the guys I ever dated liked Rush to some extent. Most guys like Rush. Most girls, do not. So, it's easy being a female Rush fan because you know at some point you'll see some Rush in your guy's music collection.

And if you date girls, you're even less likely to have luck finding a Rush fan.

Edited by EagleMoon, 04 August 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#67 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27718 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 04 August 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

:popcorn: :) ...

#68 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 04 August 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

If I were single, I would be up for dating a woman but she would HAVE to like Rush. With men, it's a given. I feel like I wouldn't need to ask, "Do you like Rush?" With women, I'd have to ask. I have loads of female friends and most don't even like rock music. It's an auditory nightmare to be in a car with them. Bitches love themselves the Bieber pop music (for the record, I actually typed, "poop" instead of pop, twice, as I tried to correct my spelling mistake).

#69 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

Clearly I've been dating the wrong men for the past 30 years :(

#70 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:31 AM

I'm not sure I agree about all men liking Rush. I've met some that didn't care for them. Usually they were into country music or classical or something completely different.

#71 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 04 August 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

It's definitely not all men like Rush, and certainly not to the point where they would say they are a real fan.  But most Rush fans are men, and they are the best men.

Posted Image

#72 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3764 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 04 August 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

you must be using that dating site where I found my wife. www.womenwithlowstandards.com

#73 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15991 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 05 August 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

I'm not sure I agree about all men liking Rush. I've met some that didn't care for them. Usually they were into country music or classical or something completely different.
Yeah, this is silly.  I've really only met one other guy that I would call a big rush fan out in the wild.  In fact, I've found that the more you play rush the more some hate it.  I have friends that roll their eyes if I even mention rush while most women just sort of nod and aren't sure what to say or do.

#74 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 09 August 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Yeah, this is silly.  I've really only met one other guy that I would call a big rush fan out in the wild.  In fact, I've found that the more you play rush the more some hate it.  I have friends that roll their eyes if I even mention rush while most women just sort of nod and aren't sure what to say or do.

As hard as it might be for a lot of us to comprehend, some people just aren't into music at all. Very hard to imagine but they're out there.

#75 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15991 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 August 2015 - 06:06 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 09 August 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

As hard as it might be for a lot of us to comprehend, some people just aren't into music at all. Very hard to imagine but they're out there.
The vast majority of people use music as background noise or for the beat and never get into it any further than that.

#76 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:32 PM

Someone was talking about starting a Rush fan dating site on Facebook but I haven't seen it yet. :P

#77 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostXanadu, on 09 August 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

Someone was talking about starting a Rush fan dating site on Facebook but I haven't seen it yet. :P

It wouldn't be a bad idea. Not much fun being with someone who doesn't enjoy your taste in music.

#78 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

Maybe it's  my old age, or maybe music isn't all that important to me, but I would never think of basing a relationship with anyone on whether they liked Rush or not.  Honesty, yes.  Loyalty, yes.  Integrity, yes.  Hard working, yes.  Rush, erm - no.

#79 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

Somehow the Queensryche broads always get my attention.
Mary comes to mind

#80 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostLorraine, on 10 August 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Maybe it's  my old age, or maybe music isn't all that important to me, but I would never think of basing a relationship with anyone on whether they liked Rush or not.  Honesty, yes.  Loyalty, yes.  Integrity, yes.  Hard working, yes.  Rush, erm - no.

Basing a relationship on Rush, no....but just something nice to have in common. Doesn't mean it'll all work out but it would certainly make things a little more interesting. :D

Edited by Xanadu, 10 August 2015 - 02:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users