Ant Man

I liked it better than I thought I would. Yeah, the humor really helps. The story is well-paced, too.

Saw it today. Liked it a lot, funny and real entertaining. Formulaic as all get out but hey, it's a Marvel film but thankfully not brooding or dark at all like some of the other franchise pieces. I was skeptical of Rudd as a superhero but he was great.

Saw it today. Liked it a lot, funny and real entertaining. Formulaic as all get out but hey, it's a Marvel film but thankfully not brooding or dark at all like some of the other franchise pieces. I was skeptical of Rudd as a superhero but he was great.

I thought that much of the humor in the film was tailored specifically for Rudd....and it worked. :ebert:

I like serious drama in superhero films, as it makes the story more believable, but there should also be light-hearted and comical moments to give the audience a break from the heaviness. The Avengers had a near-perfect balance between drama and comedy, IMO. I thought Ant-Man had 1-2 jokes too many, but they didn't ruin the film for me. It was a good show!

In a genre of movies that has become all too crowd-pleasing and copy-paste, Ant-Man was a nice little break from the norm.
  • Like 1

Also, I'm a certified fan of Evangeline Lilly now. Yes!

You mean Evangeline "Why The f**k Am I In These Hobbit Movies" Lilly.

Liked her in them too. Loved her hair color in them. Yes!