Jean-Luc Picard

JohnRogers

Chris Pine wearing The Shat's shoes. Does he fill them?

Not in my opinion. He doesn't have the "it" factor nor do the movies really feel like Star Trek. They've gone for more action and less substance which is a mistake.

• Like 1

Not even close. Kirk was a get things done kind of guy. Pine's Kirk is a teary eyed little wuss.

I understand that if you have to reboot, you need new actors. How many people have played Superman in 80 years, right?

But at least get the basic character traits down.... in the writing, directing and the acting. The alternate timeline Trek wouldn't be so bad if only the charachters were more like the original portrayals. Even Spock's struggle... it was good to see. But we _KNOW_ that young spock was tougher than what we see in the reboot. I point to the TOS Pilot for that evidence.

It's a few hundred years into the future. Who knows what accents will be like? North Americans in 1815 surely didn't sound like we do today. But the real answer is what Rhyta said. :)

And Dr. Bashir from DS9's a middle eastern guy with an English accent. Anything's possible in the future!

Not even close. Kirk was a get things done kind of guy. Pine's Kirk is a teary eyed little wuss.

I understand that if you have to reboot, you need new actors. How many people have played Superman in 80 years, right?

But at least get the basic character traits down.... in the writing, directing and the acting. The alternate timeline Trek wouldn't be so bad if only the charachters were more like the original portrayals. Even Spock's struggle... it was good to see. But we _KNOW_ that young spock was tougher than what we see in the reboot. I point to the TOS Pilot for that evidence.

What did Spock do in TOS pilot? I thought the pilot was "The Cage" with Captain Pike and those illusion-making butthead aliens. Spock wasn't first officer and I really don't remember him doing too much. I DO remember him SMILING though. Am I confused?

What did Spock do in TOS pilot? I thought the pilot was "The Cage" with Captain Pike and those illusion-making butthead aliens. Spock wasn't first officer and I really don't remember him doing too much. I DO remember him SMILING though. Am I confused?

Majel Barratt was Number One, if I recall. When Spock turned up, Number One was shifted to Nurse Chapel? And I'm fairly certain Spock did smile.

• Like 1

Majel Barratt was Number One, if I recall. When Spock turned up, Number One was shifted to Nurse Chapel? And I'm fairly certain Spock did smile.

Yes, Barrett played "Number One", but her actual name was never spoken. She was second in command, and Spock was the science officer.

Spock was much more animated in the pilot than he was in the series. He smiled in fascination when examining the exoctic flora of Talos IV. His voice was louder, more assertive. When they tried to transport down to the surface of Talos IV, and only the two female officers beamed away, Spock yelled, "THE WOMEN!!" He was an excitable young Vulcan!! :LOL:

• Like 2

Yes, Barrett played "Number One", but her actual name was never spoken. She was second in command, and Spock was the science officer.

Spock was much more animated in the pilot than he was in the series. He smiled in fascination when examining the exoctic flora of Talos IV. His voice was louder, more assertive. When they tried to transport down to the surface of Talos IV, and only the two female officers beamed away, Spock yelled, "THE WOMEN!!" He was an excitable young Vulcan!! :LOL:

Yes I remember all that. But how was Spock "tougher" there as grep claimed? I scream "WOMEN!" all the time but that doesn't make me tough. ;)

Well that early on, what he didn't do was act like a teary eyed little wuss. I realize that The Cage, timeline wise, is a few years after where they are in the reboot universe. (need to check the stardates), but the point is that Qunito spock is sappy. Young Nimoy Spock isn't, even if hs does enjoy the flora and want to protect the women. Prime Spock was never 'weak and immature and unsure of himself' even when he was in Ponn Farr, or any other time....

Well that early on, what he didn't do was act like a teary eyed little wuss. I realize that The Cage, timeline wise, is a few years after where they are in the reboot universe. (need to check the stardates), but the point is that Qunito spock is sappy. Young Nimoy Spock isn't, even if hs does enjoy the flora and want to protect the women. Prime Spock was never 'weak and immature and unsure of himself' even when he was in Ponn Farr, or any other time....

Okay, gotcha. Yeah the reboot has tried to cover all those layers of Spock in two films whereas in TOS he was developing over years. And any time TOS Spock might've been sappy...well, no he was never sappy.

Besides, I'd put my money on 60s Nimoy knocking out Quinto quicker than you can say "Shakari".

• Like 1

Because Patrick Stewart said he sounded like Clouseau when he tried a French accent.

Inspector Clouseau commanding a Federation starship now that is something I'd like to see!

Beam me up, Kato!

Babylon 5 got the short end of the stick. Poor tv scheduling especially. I remember when it first aired they put it on at 1 am. I was lucky to find it.

I know. In NY it was moved around a lot..... but i was worth seeking out. Some of the best sci-fi since TOS.

You guys know that JMS is working on a new version? Not sure if will be reboot or some kind of continuation.

I've been hearing that for years. Is it really happening this time?

Apparently so.

JMS had given up on the idea for years.... but now it is in the works. If it goes all the way to production, I can't say. But here's some references.

I for one am excited.

http://www.denofgeek...straight-reboot

http://screenrant.co...5-movie-reboot/

https://en.wikipedia...media_franchise

So probably reboot rather than revival. That kind of sucks. If they do a reboot it would have to be with the right actors. Not just anyone could fill their shoes.

Oh this sounds intriguing! Let's hope this will come to pass...Faith Manages! :drool:

• Like 1

Babylon 5 got the short end of the stick. Poor tv scheduling especially. I remember when it first aired they put it on at 1 am. I was lucky to find it.

I know. In NY it was moved around a lot..... but i was worth seeking out. Some of the best sci-fi since TOS.

You guys know that JMS is working on a new version? Not sure if will be reboot or some kind of continuation.

I've been hearing that for years. Is it really happening this time?

Apparently so.

JMS had given up on the idea for years.... but now it is in the works. If it goes all the way to production, I can't say. But here's some references.

I for one am excited.

http://www.denofgeek...straight-reboot

http://screenrant.co...5-movie-reboot/

https://en.wikipedia...media_franchise

So probably reboot rather than revival. That kind of sucks. If they do a reboot it would have to be with the right actors. Not just anyone could fill their shoes.

Oh this sounds intriguing! Let's hope this will come to pass...Faith Manages! :drool:

It would be neat if they could have at least some of the original actors come back, at least the ones that are left.

• Like 1