Happy summer solstice, in the Northern Hemisphere.

Aikenrooster

Yaaay!! the sun has reached it's furthest spot in the northern sky. Tomorrow the journey south begins and cooler days are on their way! I know alot of y'all do not want to see summer go especially if you live where old man winter can bite with frost. However if you had to work and function in Temps that are constantly flirting with the 100 degree mark (100 degrees in Orlando FL on Friday the 19th) and humidity always in the well above 50% and always feels 90%'s you would pray for cooler weather too. I can't wait till the first October cold front that brings that wonderful cool dry air! C 'mon October even though I have t admit I will miss the longer daze.
  • Like 1

Here in Western Wisconsin, we have a forecast of 86 degrees and sunny......

Sunrise: 5:23am

Sunset: 8:52pm

Tomorrow, we will lose one minute of daylight. 5:24am Sunrise...... :boohoo: :boohoo:

• Like 2

Cooler days on the way? July and August in Oklahoma protest!

I do so like sunshine and the vitamin D it provides me.

• Like 1

Ugh, I HATE summer. Sorry to harsh everyone's mellow.

Its been hot as blazes here in Myrtle Beach SC for at least a week now. Some days the heat index has been over 105. Humid as all get out. Walk outside and sweat without making a move even at night. This kind of heat seems a bit early to me. Whew...

Its been hot as blazes here in Myrtle Beach SC for at least a week now. Some days the heat index has been over 105. Humid as all get out. Walk outside and sweat without making a move even at night. This kind of heat seems a bit early to me. Whew...

The "durty" south my brother....come to Goatnut, TN where the humidity doesn't exist

Summer was cool up until I graduated university and thus no longer got a 3-month break (though I did work part-time every summer starting at age 17. Still).

Having "summer vacation" and getting to sleep in and spend chunks of free time having fun or just lazing around the pool almost made up for the horrendous heat and 6854% humidity.

Once I became an adult the concept of "summer break" vanished along with any other redeeming qualities the season might have to offer. Now it's all about dashing from one air-conditioned environment to another.

And the bugs. Dear god, the f*ucking bugs....

• Like 2

Man, you ain't lying. I was in Shallotte on Thursday and I almost got sick because it wa so hot unloading in the trailer.
  • Like 1

The "durty" south my brother....come to Goatnut, TN where the humidity doesn't exist

You must not be by Memphis lol

• Like 1

Man, you ain't lying. I was in Shallotte on Thursday and I almost got sick because it wa so hot unloading in the trailer.

I just cut the grass a little while ago. Good grief the humidity is thick. How the hell I worked in that sh*t for 7 years is beyond me at this point. 130 degree attics every day and step outside in 95 degree heat to "cool off". Crazy sh*t. I was good at it too but never again...
  • Like 3

You must not be by Memphis lol

Memphis is a great place to get robbed

• Like 1

:codger: :codger: :codger: