Jump to content


Geddy's R40 Basses (includes setlists)

r40 geddy basses

68 replies to this topic

#61 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 11062 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

I've never seen him use so many basses before. I think he has a problem.

Edited by Rushman14, 27 July 2015 - 03:06 PM.


Sponsored Post

#62 Mieko8

Mieko8

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

The collector's gene is a problem.  When I see people who collect things and obsess over it, it makes no sense to me, whether it be baseball cards, antiques, cars, etc.  How many Porsche's does Seinfeld have?  I guess if you can afford it, God bless.  But what about those who can't and do it anyway?  It's a sickness.

#63 Mieko8

Mieko8

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

Don't foget, Geddy also has 5,000 bottles of wine and an insane amount of baseballs.  His collector gene is not limited to basses.

#64 YYZ Working Man

YYZ Working Man

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississauga, Ontario

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

he shoulda pulled the Stienberger with a racoon hat to match his old hairsyle in GUP-

#65 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 11062 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostYYZ Working Man, on 27 July 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

he shoulda pulled the Stienberger with a racoon hat to match his old hairsyle in GUP-

Geddy talks about all his basses in this webisode. He said one tour with the Steinberger was enough haha.

https://qello.com/?f...bisode4facebook

#66 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 755 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostMieko8, on 24 July 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Anyone know why he chose to leave his famous black Rick at home?  I wish he would have played it.

He donated it to the Canadian National Archives.

#67 Mieko8

Mieko8

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostRush-O-Matic, on 31 July 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostMieko8, on 24 July 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Anyone know why he chose to leave his famous black Rick at home?  I wish he would have played it.

He donated it to the Canadian National Archives.

No.  He donated his black double neck.  That's not the bass I asked about.  I asked why is touring with a burgundy 4001 instead of his black 4001.

#68 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 755 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostMieko8, on 31 July 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

View PostRush-O-Matic, on 31 July 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostMieko8, on 24 July 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Anyone know why he chose to leave his famous black Rick at home?  I wish he would have played it.

He donated it to the Canadian National Archives.

No.  He donated his black double neck.  That's not the bass I asked about.  I asked why is touring with a burgundy 4001 instead of his black 4001.

D'oh, my bad. I read too quickly.

What are the little black bar things under the strings on many of his basses? They didn't used to be there.

#69 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21765 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostRush-O-Matic, on 31 July 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostMieko8, on 31 July 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

View PostRush-O-Matic, on 31 July 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostMieko8, on 24 July 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Anyone know why he chose to leave his famous black Rick at home?  I wish he would have played it.

He donated it to the Canadian National Archives.

No.  He donated his black double neck.  That's not the bass I asked about.  I asked why is touring with a burgundy 4001 instead of his black 4001.

D'oh, my bad. I read too quickly.

What are the little black bar things under the strings on many of his basses? They didn't used to be there.

They are called tug bars. On older basses they were put there for bassists to anchor their hand on and play with their thumbs. They were mainly on Fender basses of the 50's/60's.  The bar moved on the top side of the strings (then called a thumb rest) after a few years then disappeared. (And has since come back on reissue basses)  People could add a tug bar to a bass if they wanted. I saw the one on the Ric he's been playing this tour. That was obviously added by the previous owner.

Edited by EagleMoon, 31 July 2015 - 11:59 AM.




Reply to this topic



  



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: r40, geddy, basses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users