Steely Dan

Lorraine

^ The 10th...yeah, I thought it was about a week away.

Someday I want to get there. To the Beacon, I mean. See someone I really want to see there.

Love to see any of those Dan shows, but...it's not possible right now, of course.

• Like 1

Someday I want to get there. To the Beacon, I mean. See someone I really want to see there.

Love to see any of those Dan shows, but...it's not possible right now, of course.

I would have loved to see the EC/Dan tour. Even more than seeing Rush probably. Sadly just not possible for

Me right now. Maybe in a year from now but I say that every year.

I'm thinking about catching the show on Tuesday.

They are playing "Aja" in its entirety.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about catching the show on Tuesday.

They are playing "Aja" in its entirety.

Out of all the full-album performances they're doing at those shows, that is the one I would choose to see, too, without a doubt!

Steely Dan == Warm Liquid Sound.

That is all.

Are you going to go see them?

No - can't. My concert budget is tapped out for this year... and also a busy time at work getting a big software relese ready to go live in the middle of November,

I want to though.... just looked at prices..and forget it. :(

• Like 1

That is all.

No - can't. My concert budget is tapped out for this year... and also a busy time at work getting a big software relese ready to go live in the middle of November,

How much are they? They can't be more than Rush.

Hopefully, they will film a few of the shows and compile a super DVD. I would love it, and I'm sure other Dan fans would too.

That is all.

How much are they? They can't be more than Rush.

Hopefully, they will film a few of the shows and compile a super DVD. I would love it, and I'm sure other Dan fans would too.

I just looked it up- $59.50 for the cheapest seats, and $220.00 for the best and brightest.

Since I'd have no hope of going anyway, even just due to geography- I'll cross my fingers for a DVD as well.

The prices are much better than Rush.

Speaking of concerts, I see Neil Young was just out here. They printed the set-list in the paper yesterday. I wouldn't have gone even if I had known about it and could. Neil could have done a lot better with his song selection.

Not much of a fan. I think they couldn't figure out if they wanted to play pop rock or jazz so their music was a weird combination of the two. It wasn't even really fusion. If I want to hear a blend of rock and jazz I'll listen to the Mahavishnu Orchestra. :P

To be fair they have grown on me a bit over the years.

• Like 1

They've grown on me over the years. Not that I go out of my wway to put on their music, but have gone through their catalog with a fine ear and there's a lot in there, as a fan of rock and musician, to enjoy.

They've grown on me over the years. Not that I go out of my wway to put on their music, but have gone through their catalog with a fine ear and there's a lot in there, as a fan of rock and musician, to enjoy.

The ones I am most familiar with and the only ones I currently own are "Aja" and "Can't buy a thrill." They had some other good ones too. I suppose I have to be in the mood though.

Stoopid, not only is it their masterpiece, but it is a high end audio reference album. There is stuff on there that is pure gold for a person with great ears!
  • Like 3

Stoopid, not only is it their masterpiece, but it is a high end audio reference album. There is stuff on there that is pure gold for a person with great ears!

I totally agree.

While everything they had done before was fantastic, Aja was a departure even from their own exacting standards. It's a towering recorded achievement, regardless of genre. I truly feel it's among the best music ever made, by anyone.

• Like 4

I totally agree.

While everything they had done before was fantastic, Aja was a departure even from their own exacting standards. It's a towering recorded achievement, regardless of genre. I truly feel it's among the best music ever made, by anyone.

I totally agree.

By the way, this thread is really for Dan lovers. No parade rainers need apply. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: ;)

• Like 2

Most of their albums qualify for that distinction. My Gaucho DVD-A has seen its fair share of time playing through my studio monitors. It's impeccable.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 3

By the way, this thread is really for Dan lovers. No parade rainers need apply. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: ;)

:LOL:

I was going to say something like that, too.

• Like 2

Most of their albums qualify for that distinction. My Gaucho DVD-A has seen its fair share of time playing through my studio monitors. It's impeccable.

That's because their producer was the best!

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

That's because their producer was the best!

it wasn't so much the producer as it was the Engineer. The Producer gets all the credit for helping them achieve what they wanted to musically, but Roger Nichols just makes everything sound so crystal clear and amazing. Right from the start. Great team.

• Like 2