Why is there so much hate against Snakes & Arrows?

YYZumbi

It has the main Monkey Business...... so thread's over, lol. Awesome Track.

Mick

Hope is better. Monkey Business is to poppy for Alex.

Yes!! Hope is one of the best guitar solo instrumental thingys ever

That's right. Every true Rush fan loves it. :yes: :hi: ;)

• Like 1

It has the main Monkey Business...... so thread's over, lol. Awesome Track.

Mick

Hope is better. Monkey Business is to poppy for Alex.

How do you Know missy? Did you ASK Alex?

lol

Mick

Who cares what Alex thinks? We're the ones who get stuck having to listen to his guitar playing.

;)

lol i got ya. And i like hope too. very much.

Mick

• Like 1

Every album has it's haters, which is obvious from the polls around here. I agree that S&A's is a bit too long. They could have left about 3 songs off at least and it would have been better for it. That being said, I do like the album. It's a much clearer recording than CA's and Geddys voice is still good. Plus it has Workin' Them Angels,Mal Nar, The Main Monkey Business, Far Cry, Faithless and Hope, all of which I really like.
  • Like 3

Every album has it's haters, which is obvious from the polls around here. I agree that S&A's is a bit too long. They could have left about 3 songs off at least and it would have been better for it. That being said, I do like the album. It's a much clearer recording than CA's and Geddys voice is still good. Plus it has Workin' Them Angels,Mal Nar, The Main Monkey Business, Far Cry, Faithless and Hope, all of which I really like.

All Great tracks. Also every rush album as far back as Signals (Yes Signals) could shave off tracks. Rush forgot how to edit.

Mick

• Like 1

All Great tracks. Also every rush album as far back as Signals (Yes Signals) could shave off tracks. Rush forgot how to edit.

Mick

I wonder if maybe the idea is to fill up a CD, or to give us more...thinking more is better. But in this case, less is more.

Mick

I wonder if maybe the idea is to fill up a CD, or to give us more...thinking more is better. But in this case, less is more.

Anything over say 45 mins is pushing it for me.

now these 66 min plus jobs.......to. MUCH, lol

of course a concert setting is different. Strictly talking albums.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Anything over say 45 mins is pushing it for me.

now these 66 min plus jobs.......to. MUCH, lol

of course a concert setting is different. Strictly talking albums.

Mick

I agree. I rarely if ever listen to the album all the way through. I just pick and choose the tracks I like.

• Like 3

This album and a few others are one of those albums I rarely play if at all. For whatever reasons the album just does not click with me while others such as VT & CA do. In fact S&A is the bottom of my album listing and believe I tried to like it but it just hasn't happened. I did love the tour, I went up and down the east coast following this tour.
  • Like 1

Neil should have stopped writing lyrics after Far Cry.

What's wrong with this album?

Where to start...

Preachy, repetitive lyrics

Non melodic boring songs

Other than that, it's not that horrible.

Thank God they didn't go out with that turd and returned to classic form with CA, their best work since 1984.

• Like 3

I've been listening to it a lot lately and yes I enjoy it more than Clockwork Angels which while not a bad album, just doesn't really grab me all that much.

Far Cry, Armor and Sword, Spindrift and The Main Monkey Business are my favorites.

Having said all that, I understand why some people don't like it. It's not the most melodic record and I think it was something quite different sound wise from 70's and 80's Rush which everyone loves.

• Like 1

Where to start...

Non melodic boring songs

Thank God they didn't go out with that turd and returned to classic form with CA, their best work since 1989.

Amen to this my friend.... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Where to start...

Non melodic boring songs

Thank God they didn't go out with that turd and returned to classic form with CA, their best work since 1989.

I see what you did there.

And it's just wrong...

• Like 1

Where to start...

Non melodic boring songs

And it's just wrong...

Yeah, no kidding. Where is the vomit smiley when you need it?

I think it's hilarious when people call Neil's lyrics preachy. If you don't like those type of lyrics, why are you even a Rush fan at all? That's pretty much all he writes.

• Like 1

Where to start...

Non melodic boring songs

And it's just wrong...

Just seeing if you are paying attention... :)

Where to start...

Non melodic boring songs

And it's just wrong...

Yeah, no kidding. Where is the vomit smiley when you need it?

I think it's hilarious when people call Neil's lyrics preachy. If you don't like those type of lyrics, why are you even a Rush fan at all? That's pretty much all he writes.

:popcorn: ...

Other than Far Cry and the instrumentals, all the songs are mid-tempo trudgefests with generally lackluster lyrics. They really sound the same, and even if it were only on 4 minute song, it would still be a boring, mid-tempo trudgefest.
  • Like 4

The songs on it are mostly sad and gloomy, so you have to be in the correct frame of mind to really appreciate it. (I.e. a sad and gloomy frame of mind.)

Right, Far Cry being the only anomaly really.