Didn't need certain legs of tours..

nicky6

I know die hard fans will not like this, but, i dont feel it was nesscary to have a second leg to the snakes and arrows tour, and there wasnt a need for a time machine tour either. geddy just ruined his voice further, should have rested it till the actual clockwork angels tour and i bet his voice would have been in better shape.. who here agrees??

Well, if the demand was high enough, people bought tickets and the band made money, I don't really see why the band shouldn't have done these shows regardless of what it may have done to Geddy's voice, Obviously, the demand was strong enough to do two legs for both tours and Rush was smart enough to know they would lose out on a lot of money by not doing it.
  • Like 1

Well, if the demand was high enough, people bought tickets and the band made money, I don't really see why the band shouldn't have done these shows regardless of what it may have done to Geddy's voice, Obviously, the demand was strong enough to do two legs for both tours and Rush was smart enough to know they would lose out on a lot of money by not doing it.

Precisely.

It's all about business - they wouldn't do it at this stage if it wasn't profitable.

I went to both tours and am very glad I did. Why are you specifically opposed to a second leg of S&A? Keep in mind that there are some, such as myself, that wouldn't have been able to see them on this tour had they not done a second leg due to geography (not all of us can travel all over the country to see them. We have to, you know, wait until they play somewhere close to where we live).

Let's also remember that back in the 70's-80's, they played a ton more shows, so THAT probably contributed to a downhill quality of the voice box. I'm sure cigarettes don't help either. Plus, the guy ain't 30 anymore.

If you REALLY want to see a band that sucks due to old age, go see The Two. I mean The Who.

Clem

• Like 2

I went to both tours and am very glad I did. Why are you specifically opposed to a second leg of S&A? Keep in mind that there are some, such as myself, that wouldn't have been able to see them on this tour had they not done a second leg due to geography (not all of us can travel all over the country to see them. We have to, you know, wait until they play somewhere close to where we live).

Exactly. Not everyone lives in or near the major markets that the band will more than likely hit when dates are first announced. So, they have to wait for a second leg when the band hits those B and C markets. Doing two legs of a tour might give a lot of fans their only chance at seeing them.

• Like 4

Let's also remember that back in the 70's-80's, they played a ton more shows, so THAT probably contributed to a downhill quality of the voice box. I'm sure cigarettes don't help either. Plus, the guy ain't 30 anymore.

If you REALLY want to see a band that sucks due to old age, go see The Two. I mean The Who.

Clem

Clem, are they really that bad?

Instead of skipping the tour dates, they could have just cut out all of the stuff from S&A and saved Geddy's voice that way.
  • Like 3

I am doubly blessed in that, A ) they always play in the part of the country I reside in, and B ) I have the financial resources to travel a bit to see them outside my "home turf". That said, on both of these tours, I was able to see them on the second leg in a nearby city, including one city that hadn't played in decades. That was quite fun.

As for worries about Ged's voice... dude is in his 60s.... ain't nothing gonna be good for his voice at this point.

I saw Gordon Lightfoot play a show this past February. A few people in the crowd where disappointed with his vocal quality... really... *that* Canadian is in his 70s... at some point.... time wins.

Not sure which CA shows you're going off of (or maybe just the DVD), but he sounded amazing in Bridgeport (Oct. 10), good in Buffalo (Oct.26), and the following summer, decent at Saratoga (June 25). And as has been mentioned, Ged's 61!

If anything, it's a lesson that they need to do the DVD within the first month or so of a tour.

pale, funny you mention that. no ones ever done live filming of concerts within the first month, its always at the very end of the tour or last night of tour, when band is tired and worn out and wanna just go home.. Never understood that my self..

Clem

Clem, are they really that bad?

I confess I haven't actually seen them live. I saw them on tv perform one of the Super Bowl halftime shows a few years ago, and it made me sick to my stomach. They were really awful. So maybe they're "ok" live (I think they're about to tour right now). Plus, not to hijack the thread, but it just isn't the same without John Entwhistle and Keith Moon.

Clem

Clem

I know die hard fans will not like this, but, i dont feel it was nesscary to have a second leg to the snakes and arrows tour, and there wasnt a need for a time machine tour either. geddy just ruined his voice further, should have rested it till the actual clockwork angels tour and i bet his voice would have been in better shape.. who here agrees??

Fu** that!!,

The more the better. I am hoping to meet up with some others here whom I have met up with in the past. :dweez: :haz: :7up:

• Like 2