Favorite Song On Clockwork Angels

forcetenrushtribute

Favorite Song On Clockwork Angels  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song on Clockwork Angels?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

It's a close call between The Anarchist and Headlong Flight, but after seeing them both live The Anarchist wins by a nose. Live it's just such an in-your-face, powerful song!

pathetic the anarchist, really ! :wtf:

Headlong Flight

It's not even close.

Now we have to suffer through all the ninnies who love Teh Garden.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/crunkpuke_zps7f81a803.gif

All right- my TWO favorite songs on this record are Headlong Flight and The Garden. Yes, it's true! And I'm not ashamed to admit. So you can all stick that in your hat and smoke it. ;)

• Like 1

It's a close call between The Anarchist and Headlong Flight, but after seeing them both live The Anarchist wins by a nose. Live it's just such an in-your-face, powerful song!

pathetic the anarchist, really ! :wtf:

Exactly what is pathetic about people discussing songs that they love?

Especially Rush songs, on a Rush forum?

:wtf: indeed, brother.

• Like 3

Headlong Flight

It's not even close.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/crunkpuke_zps7f81a803.gif

the garden's really good but come on people, where are your balls at??

I don't have any, so that explains that.

I think The Garden is Rush's best song. Now before you all come at me, let me explain. For a band like Rush that started out as they did to be able to write a song like The Garden says a lot about them. One, they are not stuck in a rut; two, they are not afraid to go off in a different direction, and three, they really are creative and talented. But, we all know that.

Anyway, balls or not, I see we have, as of this moment, eight ninnies. And counting. :cool:

What do I choose if I don't like any of the songs on the album?

I think the best route for you to take is to simply state: I don't like any songs on the album so I am not voting. And let it go at that. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 2

I actually like all the songs on CA for different reasons.

On my first listen Seven Cities jumped out at me, I think it was the bass. Next one that grabbed my attention was Wreckers.

Love the time changes in CA

Love the way the music supports the story in Carnies(and the pyro live)

Loved the Anarchist for the sound of it, but now it tends to remind me of Sandy Hook and Adam Lanza...just the darkness of it.

Headlong Flight is just an all around good song.

Seeing The Garden live really did it for me on that song, the emotion that seemed to ooze from the band during this song live just about brought tears to my eyes.

I really like the way the whole album works together.

• Like 2

I just finished listening to CA for the first time in lord knows how long.

I still like about half. that half being

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Halo Effect

The wreckers

Headlong Flight

Wish them Well.......this one grew on me

The garden.

The rest to me is the definition of filler. BOO HISS.....whatever, lol

Mick

I've reached the end of my Rush marathon today (every Rush studio album in order). I realize how frustrating this album is. After dozens of listens, I still really want to immerse myself in the experience but it just doesn't happen. Every album I listened to this week, from Rush and S&A has had much to appreciate at least MOST of the way through. But, there is not a feeling of depth and honesty to these songs that every Rush release has had. It's hard to pick a favorite song. The album lacks flow and direction at times.

But, judging individual songs is such a difficult task because it's one of those albums you need to listen to straight through. On one hand, it is Alex, Geddy, and Neil, and there is plenty of RUSH guitar, bass, and drums. But on the other hand, there are a lot of WTF moments. Overall, it's laborious to listen to and can be a draining experience because of the production and lyrics at times.

It's a pretty dark album lyrically, and I'm sure it can trigger depression in some. As I put the CD in the player I ask, "do I really want to go on this trip again"? The production makes it difficult to listen to. I can listen to Signals, Counterparts, and Permanent Waves on 11, for example, but I find myself turning CA down. It's noisy as hell, and the loudness of it is harsh on the ears. The separation between guitar and bass isn't really apparent through most of it. The synths sound weird in the mix. Overall, I don't hear how it's much better than the original VT as far as the production is concerned.

There are memorable parts to the album, but for every great riff, part, or drum fill, something takes away from the experience. Headlong Flight is the most obvious example for me. It contains the most awesome frantic bass lines and drumming, and the guitar riff in the chorus is pretty damn cool. But the guitar solo doesn't really fit the song. It's just a flurry of notes that don't add any emotion to the song. It's like if the solo in Stick It Out was 3 times as long in the middle of the song.

Wish Them Well starts off good enough, but loses me about a minute through. There are good parts to the song and I don't skip it, but it's just kinda meh.

Music should be a challenge. Hemispheres is a challenge. But this album is a different kind of challenge and I guess I'll leave it at that.

Favorite song. Between Caravan and Seven Cities? The Anarchist is pretty good too. I'll go with Caravan. It's great all the way through, and the second half instrumental is one of those memorable rush moments.

Headlong Flight

It's not even close.

the garden's really good but come on people, where are your balls at??

I don't have any, so that explains that.

I think The Garden is Rush's best song. Now before you all come at me, let me explain. For a band like Rush that started out as they did to be able to write a song like The Garden says a lot about them. One, they are not stuck in a rut; two, they are not afraid to go off in a different direction, and three, they really are creative and talented. But, we all know that.

Anyway, balls or not, I see we have, as of this moment, eight ninnies. And counting. :cool:

well I guess I only disagree with the bold

• Like 1

"draining experience because of the production"

This I agree with, much like VT

But to compare the production on this to anything outside of this decade is just not fair. I think it is cleaner than S&A was and obviously the first release of VT, but yeah not even close to the older stuff.

Lyric wise I really like this album, but the lyrics are one of the first things that drew me to Rush, so in my mind I like when the lyrics and music support each other and I think CA does this well.

Why even bother adding BU2B2? (and for that matter, BU2B1 is garbage as it is)

I chose Headlong Flight. The Anarchist would be second.

To be fair, someone's voted for BU2B2.

As a joke - no other explanation. I'm surprised more people haven't voted for it for the same reason.

1) Headlong Flight

2) The Anarchist

3) Wish Them Well

I find it hard to believe people don't like Wish Them Well... Probably because It's very catchy and straightforward (so much so that it's hit or miss on the ears.. That's fine. I don't like The Wreckers for that reason). This is the closest thing we'll get to another Fly By Night song, and the lyrics/message of course is great, the best of the album. Just genius, I love it. Masterful track.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

Why even bother adding BU2B2? (and for that matter, BU2B1 is garbage as it is)

I chose Headlong Flight. The Anarchist would be second.

To be fair, someone's voted for BU2B2.

As a joke - no other explanation. I'm surprised more people haven't voted for it for the same reason.

I quite like it... :unsure: ...but it's nowhere near my favourite on the album.