Everyone LOVES pizza!

I live in a small town, but there are at least 10 pizza places here. They're all very different and very good. I try to visit them whenever I can. I wish I wasn't going back to college because I'll be limited to their inferior generic pizza (with cheap sausage and not pepperoni) and Domino's Pizza.

Everyone LOVES pizza!

Not me! :boo hiss:

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Me neither. Minority opinion FTW!

:cheers:

Ducky and Mullet don't like pizza??? Humm, it's a sixth food group if you've ever lived in NYC....been there, done that! Even Pizza Hut Pan Pizza is yummy, even though the fat content will kill you, but what the hell??

Everyone LOVES pizza!

Not me! :boo hiss:

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Me neither. Minority opinion FTW!

:cheers:

Ducky and Mullet don't like pizza??? Humm, it's a sixth food group if you've ever lived in NYC....been there, done that! Even Pizza Hut Pan Pizza is yummy, even though the fat content will kill you, but what the hell??

:drool: :drool: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza..! :drool: :drool:

I've heard about Chicago's deep dish pizza for years but I haven't yet tried it. It's on my list... I like BIG juicy pizza with a thick crust, lots of sauce, meat and lots of grease! Dripping down to your elbows...

It's the shiznit and addictive...awesome stuff

We're getting pizza tonight, delivery this time from an independent place called Mangiamo's. Some of the best delivery pizza I've ever had.

Don't rub it in... the closest pizza joint from me is 45 minutes by vehicle. And,I don't feel like making one myself tonight. DAMN!

I just remembered something that my family does with pizza. Since we believe that Pizza King pizza is the best pizza in existence, we try to make our pizza to taste as close to Pizza King as possible. After looking about on the web, we found that some try using BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce to get close to the taste. I tell you, it tastes amazing! As unconventional as it seems, it really is some of the best stuff I've had.

I just remembered something that my family does with pizza. Since we believe that Pizza King pizza is the best pizza in existence, we try to make our pizza to taste as close to Pizza King as possible. After looking about on the web, we found that some try using BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce to get close to the taste. I tell you, it tastes amazing! As unconventional as it seems, it really is some of the best stuff I've had.

BBQ sauce on pizza??..well , that's a new one for me! I'll have to try it!

:codger:

Edited by rushfanforever!

I kind of questioned it myself at first when I first had it, but one bite changed my mind about that. :D

I've heard about Chicago's deep dish pizza for years but I haven't yet tried it. It's on my list... I like BIG juicy pizza with a thick crust, lots of sauce, meat and lots of grease! Dripping down to your elbows...

Gino's East will ship deep dish pizza. Perhaps they will ship to Thunder Bay?

http://featuredfoods.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/a-store/c-GinoAns_East.shtml?E+scstore+ginos

I kind of questioned it myself at first when I first had it, but one bite changed my mind about that. :D

Walrus,

I see that you're from South Central PA...you near Lebanon?? That's where I grew up years ago...my mom is still there...it's too cold for her out here in WI (just call it the freezer).... :laughing guy:

Walrus,

I see that you're from South Central PA...you near Lebanon?? That's where I grew up years ago...my mom is still there...it's too cold for her out here in WI (just call it the freezer).... :laughing guy:

Lebanon is about an hour away from me. I live down in the York area.

Strangely enough, I have family out in Wisconsin. My Aunt and Uncle live up in Oshkosh.

Walrus,

Strangely enough, I have family out in Wisconsin. My Aunt and Uncle live up in Oshkosh.

Walrus,

That's cool!!!!!

Walrus,

Walrus,

That's cool!!!!!

Figuratively or literally? :laughing yellow guy:

Walrus,

Never tried BBQ sauce on a pizza before. Might have to try it.

Walrus,

Never tried BBQ sauce on a pizza before. Might have to try it.

Blue Moon Pizza near me has an awesome BBQ smoked chicken pizza with caramelized onions.

That's the beauty of pizza... you can put anything on one. A few weeks back, we had leftover Chinese (sauteed broccoli in a garlic sauce and flash fried beef strips). Put those on a pizza and it was really good! In fact, I often use leftovers as pizza toppings: maple soy chicken and red onions, Dr. Pepper pulled pork and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce... anything goes! You can get so creative with pizza.

I make a lot of pizza from scratch since the chain shops all suck, and the closet Jet's Pizza, who does a Detroit Style Sicilan, is a 25 minute drive one way. We have one place nearby that's a hole in the wall bar and Italian place that does a decent Chicago thin style, but I favor Chicago deep dish/ Sicilian/Detroit style. Lots of cheese and sauce, pepperoni over all, then half sausage for me and the other half anchovies for my wife. Chow down.

If you're really into pizza, especially making your own, check out the pizzamaking forum site. Threads on all styles of pizza discussed, with some of the threads discussing various clones of favorite pizza emporiums and their recepies,along with threads on ingredients, bakeware, suppliers, the lot. Very informative, and a fun group. I learned lots of pointers here.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

• Like 1