472 replies to this topic

#21 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 28 2012, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Mar 28 2012, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 28 2012, 03:38 PM)
Was Twitter even around prior to S&A's release?

"Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters, known as "tweets". It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched that July."

source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

Well, there ya have it haha. I don't even remember it being around back then. Maybe it didn't really explode until later.

"The company experienced rapid growth. It had 400,000 tweets posted per quarter in 2007. This grew to 100 million tweets posted per quarter in 2008. In February 2010, Twitter users were sending 50 million tweets per day.[33] By March 2010, the company recorded over 70,000 registered applications.[34] As of June 2010, about 65 million tweets were posted each day, equaling about 750 tweets sent each second, according to Twitter.[35] As of March 2011, that was about 140 million tweets posted daily.[36] As noted on Compete.com, Twitter moved up to the third-highest-ranking social networking site in January 2009 from its previous rank of twenty-second."

Sponsored Post

#22 eshine

eshine

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

It's certainly a cool song title.

#23 EmotionDetector

EmotionDetector

Emotion-Guy

• Members *
  • 6086 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

From RIAB:

UPDATE - 3/28@4:48PM: I have also received information that Headlong First will indeed be the first single and that a 5.5-minute edit will be hitting radio on April 19th. The listening party did indeed take place yesterday, and Roadrunner is keeping a very tight lid on the track, so it's unlikely that it will leak. Although there's a possibility we'll get to hear a sample online sometime before the radio release.

#24 Unattractive Truth

Unattractive Truth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

1022.gif

2.gif  

#25 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 28 2012, 03:51 PM)
From RIAB:

UPDATE - 3/28@4:48PM: I have also received information that Headlong First will indeed be the first single and that a 5.5-minute edit will be hitting radio on April 19th. The listening party did indeed take place yesterday, and Roadrunner is keeping a very tight lid on the track, so it's unlikely that it will leak. Although there's a possibility we'll get to hear a sample online sometime before the radio release.

Why does everyone keep referring to this as the "first" single?

#26 eshine

eshine

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

From Sniglets over at CP:

"Sorry I have been unable to post on here as I have been busy with work. Listening party happened a bit later than scheduled yesterday as it was more after 1 pm. I wasn't there but my friend was and he said if you would have wanted Rush albums in the 80s to have a harder edge then this is your record. The songs are like a winding journey and definitely has a more modern day concept feel to them. Keyboards are present on the record so if you loathe them, sorry! He didn't compare it to any particular album and that was a relief. He said just take 80 to 91 in a blender and that was it. Single should be out on or about April 1st. It is being sent to radio this weekend. My guess is this one doesn't leak. More as I hear more. It was basically a text conversation about it and I haven't had really the time to get in touch with him as he has other assignments"

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...ic=44104&st=100

#27 EmotionDetector

EmotionDetector

Emotion-Guy

• Members *
  • 6086 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Mar 28 2012, 04:54 PM)
From RIAB:

laugh.gif

The first (2012) single!

#28 ColdFireYYZ

ColdFireYYZ

Prog Hipster

• Members
  • 6174 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 28 2012, 04:51 PM)
From RIAB:

I'm excited but why can't they release the whole thing? Its not like they're going to have a top 20 hit.

#29 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Mar 28 2012, 03:54 PM)
From RIAB:

They're just doing it to piss you off.

#30 FountainOfSyrinx

FountainOfSyrinx

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2152 posts
  • Interests:Univ. of Nebraska, Rush, the Dave Matthews Band, the Seattle Mariners, the Dallas Mavericks, and baseball in general.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

From RIAB:

Oh.. I almost forgot about Caravan and BU2B... almost two years ago..

#31 Presto-a RUSH fan!

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1512 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Damn, and I said if it leaked I'd just wait until it came out to listen to it...f**k that...I want to hear it now!!!  But come on radio!!! (yes...all radio in general)  You have to edit it down?  Just make an exception and play the whole damn thing for the love of RUSH!

#32 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 28 2012, 03:59 PM)
From RIAB:

They're just doing it to piss you off.

Maybe it's the first track on the album??

#33 FountainOfSyrinx

FountainOfSyrinx

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2152 posts
  • Interests:Univ. of Nebraska, Rush, the Dave Matthews Band, the Seattle Mariners, the Dallas Mavericks, and baseball in general.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 28 2012, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 28 2012, 04:51 PM)
From RIAB:

I'm excited but why can't they release the whole thing? Its not like they're going to have a top 20 hit.

Lol

#34 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 28 2012, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 02:52 PM)
The last guy on twitter said"Rush at their finest" and "I haven't had goosebumps like this in years" . Now I an totally pumped. This is going to blow SnA out of the water. And 7 and a half minutes long to boot. 653.gif

I dunno - could have just been a fanboi  laugh.gif

Well....that's two fanboi's now that have said awesome. Maybe Roadrunner is paying them off tongue.gif

This other tweet from Dominic Nardella ‏@nardboy
On a conference call... but all I can focus on is the Rush song I just heard.

His twitter page is a Rush background and his quote is a lyric from "Caravan."  I wouldn't really call him an unbiased industry professional.

It probably still kicks ass though.

#35 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 28 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 28 2012, 02:46 PM)
We need some more threads about this...

I know, so I started one  wink.gif  drool1.gif

laugh.gif  It's no better on facebook. I've read it like 30 times now from 30 different people tongue.gif

I'm pumped!  

Edited by nobodys hero, 28 March 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#36 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 28 2012, 03:58 PM)
From Sniglets over at CP:

"Sorry I have been unable to post on here as I have been busy with work. Listening party happened a bit later than scheduled yesterday as it was more after 1 pm. I wasn't there but my friend was and he said if you would have wanted Rush albums in the 80s to have a harder edge then this is your record. The songs are like a winding journey and definitely has a more modern day concept feel to them. Keyboards are present on the record so if you loathe them, sorry! He didn't compare it to any particular album and that was a relief. He said just take 80 to 91 in a blender and that was it. Single should be out on or about April 1st. It is being sent to radio this weekend. My guess is this one doesn't leak. More as I hear more. It was basically a text conversation about it and I haven't had really the time to get in touch with him as he has other assignments"

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...ic=44104&st=100

OMG!!!! 80-91 or so is my absolute fav Rush period and the more keys the better. I am beyond excited now. Imagine GUP or PoW with a harder edge and more progressive. This might be the Rush record I've been wanting them to make since the mid 80's. 653.gif  

#37 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

From RIAB:

That is great that the single is so long they have to edit it down.  1022.gif  

#38 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 04:24 PM)
From RIAB:

/Debbie Downer/ Could also mean that none of the rest of the songs are worth releasing and could only find 5 acceptable minutes from the one.

#39 danielmclark

danielmclark

The Professor

• Members
  • 4076 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 28 2012, 03:26 PM)
From RIAB:

/Debbie Downer/ Could also mean that none of the rest of the songs are worth releasing and could only find 5 acceptable minutes from the one.

No. I just think it means they really dig this track but they know that radio won't touch anything that's 7.5 minutes long.

#40 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 28 2012, 04:26 PM)
From RIAB:

What? We've already heard that almost every track is long so you can't send 6-7 minute tracks to radio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users