Very Expensive

StuartBruce

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (phantomfears @ Nov 23 2010, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 23 2010, 04:01 PM)
I hear the set list sucks.... nobody should go see this tour... save your money....

The set list sucks??? Have you seen what they are playing? If you like classic Rush including music from that time this has to be the best set list in ages. Fair enough the 30th Anniversary tour set list was fabulous too but this set seriously rocks!!!

..... sarcasm is lost on the internet.

Every second of this show was amazing. Saw it in St.Louis in August.

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 23 2010, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (phantomfears @ Nov 23 2010, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 23 2010, 04:01 PM)
I hear the set list sucks.... nobody should go see this tour... save your money....

The set list sucks??? Have you seen what they are playing? If you like classic Rush including music from that time this has to be the best set list in ages. Fair enough the 30th Anniversary tour set list was fabulous too but this set seriously rocks!!!

..... sarcasm is lost on the internet.

Every second of this show was amazing. Saw it in St.Louis in August.

Ah fair enough trink39.gif . Sarcasm isn't quite the same when typed then lol tongue.gif

That sucks that all the European fans feel they are being ripped off. I understand money is short nowdays and even making one show is a challenge but seeing that Rush does not tour Europe often -- and only seems to hit big cities when they do, choices must be made... I'm just thinking if I were in their shoes, I would forgo a few other luxeries for a while (lunch out, a new pair of shoes, etc.) to see them yes.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 23 2010, 04:57 PM)
That sucks that all the European fans feel they are being ripped off. I understand money is short nowdays and even making one show is a challenge but seeing that Rush does not tour Europe often -- and only seems to hit big cities when they do, choices must be made... I'm just thinking if I were in their shoes, I would forgo a few other luxeries for a while (lunch out, a new pair of shoes, etc.) to see them yes.gif

Yup I agree. I would much rather do without some things than miss seeing the band I've followed since 1976. I respect everyones opinion though. It's a pity. These gigs will be awesome

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 23 2010, 06:11 PM)
That sucks that all the European fans feel they are being ripped off.  I understand money is short nowdays and even making one show is a challenge but seeing that Rush does not tour Europe often -- and only seems to hit big cities when they do, choices must be made...  I'm just thinking if I were in their shoes, I would forgo a few other luxeries for a while (lunch out, a new pair of shoes, etc.) to see them yes.gif

Yup I agree. I would much rather do without some things than miss seeing the band I've followed since 1976. I respect everyones opinion though. It's a pity. These gigs will be awesome

Of course I agree but I just can't spend that money for a ticket, a plane, an hotel and all the stuff.

I now wait for a Belgian or Dutch show to imagine a car trip with some friends... 1022.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 23 2010, 06:11 PM)
That sucks that all the European fans feel they are being ripped off.  I understand money is short nowdays and even making one show is a challenge but seeing that Rush does not tour Europe often -- and only seems to hit big cities when they do, choices must be made...  I'm just thinking if I were in their shoes, I would forgo a few other luxeries for a while (lunch out, a new pair of shoes, etc.) to see them yes.gif

My gripe is more the 20 ticket thing, if i'd come home from work & been able to get a decent seat then i'd have my ticket by now (altho they are a bit steap) but tickets are up on ebay already!!!

How much difference realistically is there with those who would have done multiple shows now not going? Not as much as you think, I bet. Not many can afford that or afford the time off work.

The shows will be busy I bet because some of those saying they're not going today because theyre pissed off will get face value tix nearer the time and go. Always happens

November 2007 ticket copy of Rush here in Finland (First time EVER!) shows that the price was EUR 59 for me (regular place with good sight), two three years after next spring 2011 I have a ticket for Roger Waters, and it's EUR 79.

So we are now something like +20. That's nothing. For RUSH sake ! Ridiculous topic.

You have no right to a specific priced ticket. Rush has no obligation to pricing undermarket (and if fans are willing to pay the higher price for the tickets, that is the market price).

Go or don't go. It is a simple economic choice.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Nov 23 2010, 06:29 PM)
You have no right to a specific priced ticket. Rush has no obligation to pricing undermarket (and if fans are willing to pay the higher price for the tickets, that is the market price).

Go or don't go. It is a simple economic choice.

goodpost.gif

With all due respect, tough. You aren't the one to determine the value of the tickets. The market does. If the tickets sell, the price wasn't inflated. It's basic economics.

Don't like it, don't go. I believe there will be others that will take your place.