Eating well

GhostGirl

I get emails every couple days from Sirius for one thing or another, and today it had a free 'Summer Grilling Cookbook' in a .PDF download link with over 30 recipes from people that do cooking shows on Sirius, like Martha Stewart, Emerill LaGasse, Adam Perry Lang etc. Just passing it along. Mmm summer grilling time again. drool1.gif

http://sirius.chtah.com/a/hBL9FHpB7gW-gB8I0ziDc8kgJF5/martha

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ May 20 2010, 07:54 PM)
I get emails every couple days from Sirius for one thing or another, and today it had a free 'Summer Grilling Cookbook' in a .PDF download link with over 30 recipes from people that do cooking shows on Sirius, like Martha Stewart, Emerill LaGasse, Adam Perry Lang etc.  Just passing it along.  Mmm summer grilling time again. drool1.gif

Saved it, thanks...

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ May 20 2010, 09:54 PM)
I get emails every couple days from Sirius for one thing or another, and today it had a free 'Summer Grilling Cookbook' in a .PDF download link with over 30 recipes from people that do cooking shows on Sirius, like Martha Stewart, Emerill LaGasse, Adam Perry Lang etc. Just passing it along. Mmm summer grilling time again. drool1.gif

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....I love to grill! I'll even venture out into the snow to grill! Thanks for the link! I've been tossing food on the grill as much as possible lately! biggrin.gif

I'm starting to believe that my body wants to be chubby. It's so defiant. angry.gif

I eat healthy, with indulgences here and there. But, nothing big. I know I need to step up my amount of excersise. But, damn! With the kids and work and the house and everything else, I already feel like dropping dead by the end of the day. I'm so sick of having to do all of this just to keep from looking like Jabba the Hut. And, cutting back on my chocolate intake has turned me into a cranky-ass bitch from hell.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jul 2 2010, 12:18 AM)
Do you know how hard it is to eat right when you have Interstitial Cystitis?

It's hard sad.gif

I know what you mean... I don't have I.C but my stomach is fragile. I have to limit my intake of fried foods and beef. I can't even digest most dairy... does that stop me... no tongue.gif laugh.gif

Over the last 2 years I've become a MUCH healthier eater and have noticed it helping my mental health as well as physical... there are so many benefits that go with eating the right foods. Only thing is when I get into a cycle (mania) I don't have an appetite sometimes for a week which isn't healthy but it's not really anything I can control without the use of meds.. and Im not about to do that again. It just puts my body in a "Fight or Flight" for a whole week so that means nothing can stay in my stomach... I'm trying to find alternatives to solid foods that maybe I can digest during those times... so far no luck. But I'm not giving up.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 1 2010, 11:14 PM)
I'm starting to believe that my body wants to be chubby. It's so defiant.  angry.gif

I eat healthy, with indulgences here and there. But, nothing big. I know I need to step up my amount of excersise. But, damn! With the kids and work and the house and everything else, I already feel like dropping dead by the end of the day. I'm so sick of having to do all of this just to keep from looking like Jabba the Hut. And, cutting back on my chocolate intake has turned me into a cranky-ass bitch from hell.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Buy Jillian Michael's 30 day shred dvd. $10 at Walmart. You just need some light weights and a mat if you're on a hard floor (I used a towel for a while LOL!)

This DVD WORKS. You're supposed to do it everyday for 30 days -- yeah right! I do it about 2 times a week and I've been doing it for a few weeks -- already can tell a difference, esp. in my upper body! My running alone was making me plateau and this dvd helped tone me up. My clothes feel a lot looser - and I haven't changed my eating habits either.

The best part? The workout is 20 minutes long. It's done in 3 circuits so it goes by reall fast and combines strength, cardio and ab work. It goes like this:

Circuit 1 - three minutes of strength, usually squats, arm presses etc. w/ weights.

Circuit 2 - two minutes of cardio, such as jumping jacks, jump rope (w/o the rope), etc.

Circuit 3 - one minute of abs.

Repeated 3x with different exercises each time.

And each separate circuit contains 2 different exercises. I hate workout DVDs but this one does NOT bore me!

Also, there are 3 levels and you start w/ level 1 and work your way up. I'm still on level 1! I might move to level 2 but it looks hard yes.gif

But really, 20 mintes -- that go by really fast because the way it is broken down -- is not *too* much. Better than an hour at the gym IMO.

Edited by iluvgeddy05

Ok. So most of you now know that I'm a Type II diabetic with fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis. I've dropped some weight while eating better, and for a great workout, my go-to is what I did for years:

Water aerobics.

Many LA apartment complexes have swimming pools, so this makes it easy for me to commit to getting in the water each day. I have dumbbells that I use in the water for an excellent upper body workout (flyes, presses, tricep kickbacks, etc.). I do abs in the water, and I work my lower body too. And the BEAUTY PART: you don't sweat like a pig (you're in the nice, cool water!!!!), it's totally comfortable, and it's never boring. And the pounds are coming off!

I've been eating lots of fresh food, and has anyone tried shirataki "noodles"? You have to rinse the hell out of them, but I can eat as much of them as I want, and they don't make my blood sugar go haywire.

As I am a bona-fide chocoholic, I was able to find (after so many tear-filled days searching for this) the PERFECT chocolate snack which has no artificial sweeteners like saccharin or sugar alcohols or others (the sugar alcohols give me the worst digestive upset).

http://www.chocoperfection.com/

It tastes great and helps me stay on my plan.

I love grilling vegetables and putting them in a low-carb wrap with cilantro hummus.

I happen to love lentil soup---I make a delicious variety with onions, mushrooms, celery, carrots, meatless sausage (I used to use real Italian sausage in it), some spinach, fennel, rosemary, thyme, and lots of garlic. I serve it over the shirataki noodles as a low-carb spin on my family's favorite, pasta lenticchie (pasta with lentils), and I grate Locatelli cheese over it. Yum!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 4 2010, 11:36 AM)
I just finished baking some low fat oatmeal blueberry explosion muffins. They smell so good! biggrin.gif

drool1.gif OMG, if I wire you the plane fare, can you come over right now?!?!?!!!

QUOTE (TwoOneOneTwo @ Jul 4 2010, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 4 2010, 11:36 AM)
I just finished baking some low fat oatmeal blueberry explosion muffins.  They smell so good!  biggrin.gif

drool1.gif OMG, if I wire you the plane fare, can you come over right now?!?!?!!!

Sure! laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jul 5 2010, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 4 2010, 01:36 PM)
I just finished baking some low fat oatmeal blueberry explosion muffins.  They smell so good!  biggrin.gif

Dude, those sound awesome and like something I could actually eat!

I'm sure you could. They are low fat, very healthy for you and taste YUMMY!!!

Been trying to eat better lately...there's a lot of days where I just don't eat anything but dinner because I don't feel like searching every corner of the house for something to eat...

But the last couple days I've had waffles, whole grain pancakes, toast with peanut butter, pears. It's been delicious and a lot more healthy for me.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jul 24 2010, 11:46 AM)
Been trying to eat better lately...there's a lot of days where I just don't eat anything but dinner because I don't feel like searching every corner of the house for something to eat...

But the last couple days I've had waffles, whole grain pancakes, toast with peanut butter, pears. It's been delicious and a lot more healthy for me.

Good for you...keep it up smile.gif

I tried to make hummus the other day and failed. Any tips? It had the consistency of glue. I did forget to get lemon juice at the store so I left it out, do you think if I get some and mix it in that it would help?

Also I think it's a bit strong, too much tahini or too much garlic?