What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

The only Zelda game I've played but never won, so this time I aim to do just that.

Up to this point, I got the first 3 spells (Shield, Jump, & Life) and beat the first palace.

Damn this is a HARD game.

Just finished going through GTA 4 episodic expansions Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony. Good stuff! Now I gotta figure out what's next...

Picked up XCOM: Enemy Unknown for 10 bucks on the Steam summer sale and finally got around to playing it a couple days ago.

THIS GAME IS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

After I get bored of this one I think I'll hit up the HD remasters of Final Fantasy X and X-2. There hasn't been a day where I couldn't go for some FFX action.

I just decided that I was going to quit trying to play through FFX. It is too slow and boring, and the story isn't doing it for me. I quit about 10 hours in. There's just too many games out there for me to sink 60 hours into this. I also quit it after the first blitzball game around the time the game came out for similar reasons. Gonna try Last of Us next, I think.

Oh, and I got XCOM free on PS+ but haven't played it yet.

Last Of Us is without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played.

Yeah it tops a lot of lists.

Adventure for the Atari 2600

Original or ROM?

I don't remember liking the game as a kid, but it was innovative in a couple of ways. It's like Zork and Zelda had a baby.

• Like 1

Adventure for the Atari 2600

Original or ROM?

I don't remember liking the game as a kid, but it was innovative in a couple of ways. It's like Zork and Zelda had a baby.

Oh no way! Back in the early 80's this game was the best :D

Old 2600, wood panel action, one button joystick time!

The randomization was key: Every game was (sort of) different. It was fun to try and bring the bridge everywhere and attempt to break boundaries and etc.

• Like 1

Alien: Isolation!

(copy & paste from another post here, since this sums it up pretty well already)

So far it's pretty nerve-wracking. I haven't even seen the alien yet and already I'm shitting my pants going through dark corridors. The look is straight out of the original movie and is incredible. They even have those circular crawlspace shutter doors!!!

A few times I'd open a door and look down a hall and go "yeah ,right I'm not going down there!". My current weaponry? A SINGLE FLARE. So yes, this is gonna' be pretty realistic as no way in hell any normal person would have a shot against a Xenomorph who's had time to learn the layout of its domain.

The voice acting of Amanda Ripley is .. ah, not so hot to be honest. The rest of the game is super polished though. And bonus: The gamestop guy gave me the Nostromo edition by accident! You can choose to play the "Crew Expendable" mission which is the tail end of the original movie using either Ripley, Dallas, or Parker. And who the hell doesn't want to do that?? HURRAH!

(copy & paste from another post here, since this sums it up pretty well already)

So far it's pretty nerve-wracking. I haven't even seen the alien yet and already I'm shitting my pants going through dark corridors. The look is straight out of the original movie and is incredible. They even have those circular crawlspace shutter doors!!!

A few times I'd open a door and look down a hall and go "yeah ,right I'm not going down there!". My current weaponry? A SINGLE FLARE. So yes, this is gonna' be pretty realistic as no way in hell any normal person would have a shot against a Xenomorph who's had time to learn the layout of its domain.

The voice acting of Amanda Ripley is .. ah, not so hot to be honest. The rest of the game is super polished though. And bonus: The gamestop guy gave me the Nostromo edition by accident! You can choose to play the "Crew Expendable" mission which is the tail end of the original movie using either Ripley, Dallas, or Parker. And who the hell doesn't want to do that?? HURRAH!

1. What version are you guys playing? Should I get the xb1 or PS4 version?

2. The Nostromo edition sounds awesome. Is that just for preorder, or can you buy it now?

2. The Nostromo edition sounds awesome. Is that just for preorder, or can you buy it now?

I still have last-gen, so mine's the 360 version. It's supposed to be a gamestop pre-order exclusive (or so I thought) but the guy gave me a copy with a big friggin' NOSTROMO EDITION label right on the front (lol). See, this is why clerks gotta' be up on their stuff and know what the Nostromo is.

It's also supposed to have been DLC for semi-expensive but I guess due to some backlash it's price point was lowered big time. The 360 Crew Expendable DLC is $3.99 as of last night.

I have the slip of paper with the code that came from the game box and actually can't figure out how to redeem the code. They don't make it very user-friendly but I'll figure it out.

Oh and another thing- Not only does this game not hand-hold you (which is good) they go way to the other extreme. Any sort of in-game instruction on how to move or how to use items and stuff is very sparse and it seems to be one of the few complaints leveled against it so far.

Edited by Del_Duio

I still have last-gen, so mine's the 360 version. It's supposed to be a gamestop pre-order exclusive (or so I thought) but the guy gave me a copy with a big friggin' NOSTROMO EDITION label right on the front (lol). See, this is why clerks gotta' be up on their stuff and know what the Nostromo is.

It's also supposed to have been DLC for semi-expensive but I guess due to some backlash it's price point was lowered big time. The 360 Crew Expendable DLC is $3.99 as of last night.

I have the slip of paper with the code that came from the game box and actually can't figure out how to redeem the code. They don't make it very user-friendly but I'll figure it out.

Oh and another thing- Not only does this game not hand-hold you (which is good) they go way to the other extreme. Any sort of in-game instruction on how to move or how to use items and stuff is very sparse and it seems to be one of the few complaints leveled against it so far.

I've read another criticism that the game is artificially too long. But I won't give you any spoilers into how it's too long. I can't decide whether or not to pick this up now or what for the inevitable price drop....especially if I can't get the nostromo edition and will have to pay more for the DLC anyway.

I've read another criticism that the game is artificially too long. But I won't give you any spoilers into how it's too long. I can't decide whether or not to pick this up now or what for the inevitable price drop....especially if I can't get the nostromo edition and will have to pay more for the DLC anyway.

Yeah I read that too, like the last 3rd of it consists of a lot of backtracking while everything and their mom are out to get you. I haven't nearly reached that point yet (and still haven't seen the alien) but I found the wrench to open doors with and saw a few dead guys lying around so I must be close.

Etrian Odyssey 3 for the DS.

It's actually really challenging, not like it's artwork might suggest. Very old school with some newer tweaks here and there, and reminds me a bit of Wizardry and etc from way back. You have to draw your own maps on the lower screen while exploring. I'm sure that's not everyone's cup of tea but if you don't do this you have zero shot of making it anywhere in this.

http://ocremix.org/files/images/games/nds/4/etrian-odyssey-iii-the-drowned-city-nds-cover-front-61371.jpg

Hyrule Warriors. I've never been a fan of hack and slash, but you can see my profile pick. The fan service is full force, and I'm in for it.

I'd get it if the graphics and sfx were NES retro in a second.

I went back to Dark Souls 2 the other day, and currently in NG+ tackling the 2nd DLC area the old Iron King. While nothing's probably going to beat the Astorias DLC from the 1st Dark Souls, this one's pretty awesome so far.

on my 2nd run through. so addicting.

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/pikmin-3-walkthrough.jpg

Still playing Warframe... :D

I loaded this up today. I don't understand how the upgrade system works but its a very entertaining game so far.

It's got a bit of a learning curve but it's oh so rewarding. There's also a Wiki for the game and it's proven to be very helpful.

Civ: Beyond Earth is my current "new game" still, haven't been able to play much lately as the semester is hitting crunch time with Thanksgiving Break coming up. Game's a lot of fun, really enjoying the new Affinity system. The only problem with this is that there isn't nearly as much variety when it comes to the civilizations, there's only 8 of them and their bonuses are pretty standard like slightly better combat or another spy, etc.

Will probably be addressed in the first expansion whenever they reveal that.