2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

Jeepers H. Creepers......Brewers are desperate for a win, and they're up by FIVE in the 9th.

No problem. Pirates tie it up with FIVE in the bottom of the 9th, 6-6.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

No problem. Brewers score a run off of the Pirates' closer in the 10th. :blink: :blink:

I wonder what will happen next!!

• Like 1

Jeepers H. Creepers......Brewers are desperate for a win, and they're up by FIVE in the 9th.

No problem. Brewers score a run off of the Pirates' closer in the 10th. :blink: :blink:

Toughest win EVAH.... :facepalm:

• Like 1

Toughest win EVAH.... :facepalm:

I should have alerted you earlier- a childhood friend of mine was at the game tonight- he's such bad luck for the Pirates when he goes in person. Guaranteed win for the Brewers! I thought maybe the curse was broken when we tied it up, but the Jeff kiss of death stayed in effect . . . .

• Like 1

Angels catcher Jonathan Lucroy was bulldozed by a base runner at home plate. Houston's Jake Marisnik deviated from his path, went right at Lucroy and bowled him over, ramming his shoulder into Lucroy's head. Marisnik was immediately remorseful, but there was really no excuse for doing that. He was called out after replay review.

Lucroy was standing inside the white base line, so he was not blocking the plate. Marisnik had plenty of room to slide and avoid Lucroy. Instead, he moved laterally and went right at Lucroy. :tsk:

https://www.mlb.com/news/jonathan-lucroy-injured-in-collision-at-home

• Like 1

Could the All Star Game be any more boring?

They should'a used them British baseballs. They zoom out of the park with ease! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Could the All Star Game be any more boring?

They should'a used them British baseballs. They zoom out of the park with ease! :laughing guy:

london_fox.jpg

:scared:

• Like 1

Am I a crank if I think miking the players is a terrible idea? I mean, I get it's the All Star game and it doesn't exactly require all their focus, but they're still in the middle of play! If that was to "jazz things up," then maybe it's not worth it.
  • Like 1

Am I a crank if I think miking the players is a terrible idea? I mean, I get it's the All Star game and it doesn't exactly require all their focus, but they're still in the middle of play! If that was to "jazz things up," then maybe it's not worth it.

It's a bad idea if the player doesn't talk much. Christian Yelich had a mic on him the other day, and he barely said anything. He's just too laid back.

Maybe it was more the inane questions Joe Buck was asking. I really don't care what that dude's wife thinks of his beard. Do I?

Let me just say for the sake of full disclosure that I come to this sub-forum to wallow in the misery of knowing that the level of Kansas City Royals fear will have to be measured in angstrom units. Sigh. I'm going to go watch 2015 videos on youtube.

• Like 1

Angels catcher Jonathan Lucroy was bulldozed by a base runner at home plate. Houston's Jake Marisnik deviated from his path, went right at Lucroy and bowled him over, ramming his shoulder into Lucroy's head. Marisnik was immediately remorseful, but there was really no excuse for doing that. He was called out after replay review.

Lucroy was standing inside the white base line, so he was not blocking the plate. Marisnik had plenty of room to slide and avoid Lucroy. Instead, he moved laterally and went right at Lucroy. :tsk:

https://www.mlb.com/...llision-at-home

So, MLB tv had a lengthy breakdown of the play and I have t say that it's ridiculous what Marisnik did. Two game suspension...which of course he's appealing?

Michael Wilbon argued the runner juked the wrong way and was actually trying to avoid the catcher, who moved into the runner's "new" path. One of the those "zigged when he should have zagged" situations, but it sure didn't look that way to me. Is two games long enough?
  • Like 1

Michael Wilbon argued the runner juked the wrong way and was actually trying to avoid the catcher, who moved into the runner's "new" path. One of the those "zigged when he should have zagged" situations, but it sure didn't look that way to me. Is two games long enough?

Wilbon is a good guy and a good reporter, but in this case, I think he's wrong. There is no way that the guy just had a brain fart.

The Brewers' bullpen .... :facepalm: :facepalm:

And their League-worst batting average with runners in scoring position ..... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man

How it ended up today was extremely unfortunate. It’s not good for baseball, it’s not good for the fans. It’s not good for anybody.

- Pirates' manager Clint Hurdle, on the current hostilities and fights between his team and the Reds.

Come on, Clint....tell the truth. The fans LOVE it and you know it. The fans have always loved a good donnybrook on the field. People are gonna tune in for sure if they know that bean balls and fights are coming! :laughing guy:

reds_pirates_brawl.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

How it ended up today was extremely unfortunate. It’s not good for baseball, it’s not good for the fans. It’s not good for anybody.

- Pirates' manager Clint Hurdle, on the current hostilities and fights between his team and the Reds.

Come on, Clint....tell the truth. The fans LOVE it and you know it. The fans have always loved a good donnybrook on the field. People are gonna tune in for sure if they know that bean balls and fights are coming! :laughing guy:

reds_pirates_brawl.jpg

Weird that Puig was involved...

And now he's an Indian? :eh:

Edited by goose

That was a sudden turn of events.

I was just watching this thing yesterday where the hosts were suggesting that fighting was going away in the NHL, and I thought "Beyond the fact that it's, you know, hockey, surely fighting will never be gone because there's fighting in every sport." So thanks for verifying my theory, y'all!

Surely it takes a certain kind of guts to take your turn at bat knowing there's a hostile guy with a howitzer arm holding a small hard ball only 66 feet away, and it's probably coming at your head.

Fighting in football seems so pointless, what with the padding and all, but a baseball fight, now that's a scuffle.

Kids! Don't fight! (Unless you really, really have to . . .)

Weird that Puig was involved...

Excitable boy, they all said.

Well he's just an excitable boy

-- Warren Zevon

• Like 1