NEIL PEART! STILL THE GREATEST DRUMMER/LYRICIST OF ALL TIME DESPITE RETIREMENT! HE RULES FOR ALL ETERNITY!

RUSHHEAD666

CAPS ON BITCHES!

For all of you who are new here, I was given so much shit by many on this so called sacred nerd Rush Forum back in 2006 that if I TYPE IN CAPS IN MEANS THAT I AM YELLING OR SCREAMING! LOL!'

Such a bunch of BULLSHIT!!!!

Words in caps are bad on your Rush nerd intellectual eyes? LOL! Does not compute! 1001001 SOS!!! 1001001 IN DISTRESS! Oh the irony 73!

Thanks for putting up with me for so many years when so many fake Rush fans wanted me banned!

I just wanted to be redundant and annoying again.

So much Neil Hate on here over the last several years and I am a hypocrite because he is fun to tease, but at the end of the fukking day he's my MAN!

My dad will always be NUMBER ONE! Hell, I work with him and we share the same name! Running a business with my dad and being with him 5 days a week is a rollercoaster ride but I love him so much.

My mom, my girls of course too! DUHHHH!

But as for a mentor and influence since I was in the 8th grade, it's NEIL PEART!

I was playing the trumpet.

Hated it.

Played the piano for 4 years. Fuckk that.

Then I found the drums in junior high.

Never looked back.

Then I found RUSH in the same year!

Neil Peart!!!!

I was taking drum lessons in 1981

I was so fuckking bored with my instructor.

He was teaching me to play along with some shit Fleetwood Mac song "Call it thunder" Whatever. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I asked him to teach me YYZ instead!

He couldn't do it.

So I started to practice RUSH music on my own.

BOOM!

38 years later! Still doing it.

I'm a nobody in the music biz.

But man, I play everyday.

I've read and supported so many drummers on here over the years.

You all blow me away and I wish all of you the best of luck in a tough business!

But hell, I finally recorded four tracks.

I'm going to be on an album.

The Master is almost complete!

It doesn't matter how old you are to complete a dream. Or as Rush would play, a "MISSION!" Great fuckking song.

Some of you rip "Hold Your Fire." it's a masterpiece.

It is what it is. We as a whole all have our opinions.

I'm surprised I've been allowed to type on here for what 23 years? NO WAY!

2006-2019???

RUSHDICULOUS! LOL!

I'm a broken record on this forum then.

But hey.....

My Rush life is complete.

Neil is my MAN.

I met him and he was not so happy back in 2003.

So what.

Amazing memory regardless.

Did the Grapes Under Pressure IV with Rod, Felicia and many other amazing friends who I still love and keep in contact.

Life is short.

I met Geddy, Alex and Neil in my lifetime.

Simple.

Not stalker.

60 shows in 30 years.

That's a good average but it's nothing compared to all the Rushheads I have personally met around the globe.

Most have over 100

All good.

No regrets.

All love for RUSH!

THE GREATEST BAND IN THE GALAXY!

Oh yeah

I'm totally insane.

I finally put my new black and yellow retro California plates on my car.

There is no privacy anymore in the world so hope you find me on the roads of the Golden State. Golden State Warriors? OH HELLLLLLLLL YES!!!!!

Ummm

My plates are N PEART.

I can't wait to drive to Santa Monica and find Neil on the pier with Pye smoking a red apple and drinking a shot of Sinatra Jack. No ice. LOL!

If Neil ever sees my plates his head will turn bright glowing red like when I met him at his bus in 2003.

His eyes will fill up with a burning fire and he will shoot orange flames out of his eye sockets and burn my Audi to the ground!!!

Fuckking "Firestarter" shit gonna go on in LA!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you all for reading.

I am not crazy or insane or on drugs like many of you think.

Just a guy in love with RUSH who loves creative writing.

Don't judge me.

The world is so Vanilla White now.

Go after TRUMP and leave me alone!

"PUMP IT!"

Signed,

AEROSMITH

NEIL PEART RULES FOR ALL ETERNITY!

EDIT 13 years not 23. It sure as hell seems like 23 fukking years! LOL! 2112 years!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

Earl, I read all of that. That’s how f***in crazy I am. :)

(1) Your math skills are bad. (Or you’re a careless typist). ;)

(2) Hold Your Fire is the last Rush album I like in its entirety. Yes, that includes the last two oft-shat on tracks.

(3) It’s late Saturday arvo and I’m on my gym’s stationary bike, TRFing, and watching sumo on the little, personal tv attached to the bike. This one fat bastard tossed another fat bastard out of the ring. Don’t they always?!

(4) At this gym they've been playing that one Greta tune on rotation. It’s on now. Nobody seems to give a shit...unless you count me despising the vocalist’s screech. Weights later. I’ll imagine I’m squeezing that singer’s neck while he’s singing. That’ll probably be good for extra motivation. ;)

That’s me now in real time.

See ya Earl!

Signed,

:blaze:

Hahahaha!!!!!

I love it!

No matter what anyone thinks you are AWESOME!

Dude! I'm an English Major in Finance. What a cluster fuckk! LOL!

I suck man!

I just wrote this thread and pressed the SEND KEY!

Normally I would go back and re-edit my shite but I wanted this one to just come from the heart!

Glad it has spelling flaws.

That's my Point Of Entry Judas Priest!

Why can't I fly to Japan and hang out with you and have a real conversation.

My fingers and hands are tired of typing on here for 23 years. LOL! I though I joined this joint in 2006

I really fuckked up my math.

LOL!!!!

Only been on here for 13 years.

What a bad luck number.

That's why I said 23.

LOL!

I'm busted!

Love you regardless.

You are one of the few who still put up with my existence.

It's fine is you greet the Greta. Your choice. I tried. I'm done.

Dude!

I have many Japanese friends on your turf.

If I ever get my ass over there we better meet.

See ya Johnny Blaze!

Glad I'm a flawed human! We all are.

Signed,

My Name Is Earl

Dude, Neil is the greatest drummer of all time, and probably my favorite lyricist. Rock on Earl! :haz:

Who would be your top 3 drummers and top 3 lyricists? No ties.

Drummers:

Neil Peart

Roger Taylor (Brighton Rock is one of my fav drumming performances ever)

Phil Collins

Lyricists (this is tougher, haven’t thought as much about it):

Neil Peart

Peter Gabriel

Freddie Mercury

I could go back and forth between Freddie and Peter. Freddie’s style is much less technically impressive in a way, but has a really acute sense of honesty and humanity with an indulgent romantic tone that I never bore of. But Peter is able to create such powerful imagery seemingly at Will, no matter if he’s writing about a war on weeds or the cataclysm of his relationship.

But yeah, Neil is definitely tops for both. Lyrically there’s such a refreshing (and at it’s best even earnest) sense that what he’s writing about is what life is really all about. He cuts past the mundane and speaks on the state of the mind, the state of the soul. And he has such a passion to his words as well. I don’t love everything he’s written, but something like Natural Science hits me as words to live by that no one else tells me.

• Like 1

Yeah Neil all the way.Used to hate how critics said that his lyrics (and music)were to play Dungeons n Dragons to.I consider his greatest lyrics to be in the 80s but I love the early fantasy stuff to.Got a bit too preachey in later years but it made sense in how far people can take religion.Any way I religiously bow to him as a great rock drummer and all time awkward/mysterious person

Dude, Neil is the greatest drummer of all time, and probably my favorite lyricist. Rock on Earl! :haz:

Drummers:

Neil Peart

Phil Collins

Neil Peart

Peter Gabriel

Freddie Mercury

I could go back and forth between Freddie and Peter. Freddie’s style is much less technically impressive in a way, but has a really acute sense of honesty and humanity with an indulgent romantic tone that I never bore of. But Peter is able to create such powerful imagery seemingly at Will, no matter if he’s writing about a war on weeds or the cataclysm of his relationship.

But yeah, Neil is definitely tops for both. Lyrically there’s such a refreshing (and at it’s best even earnest) sense that what he’s writing about is what life is really all about. He cuts past the mundane and speaks on the state of the mind, the state of the soul. And he has such a passion to his words as well. I don’t love everything he’s written, but something like Natural Science hits me as words to live by that no one else tells me.

I appreciate the time in thinking and writing that out. :cheers:

Taylor and Collins wouldn’t make my top 3 drummers list but they’re high quality for sure.

And Gabriel and Mercury wouldn’t make my top 3 lyricists but they’re behemoths in the lyrics department. Mercury’s lyrics benefit with his unbeatable vocals backing them.

Not sure who my favorite drummers are (besides Peart in there) but my top lyricists would likely be:

1) Bob Dylan

2) Roger Waters

3) Neil Peart

((With Ian Anderson really pressing for the #3 spot))

• Like 1

Love Neil's work with Rush, more so his 70's output then his more recent, he lost his consistency starting with Counterparts

I’d say it started one album before that in Bones.

Bravado and Ghost of a Chance’s lyrics are as good as Neurotica, Face Up, and You Bet Your Life are bad.

Drummers:

Neil Peart

Phil Collins

Neil Peart

Peter Gabriel

Freddie Mercury

Taylor and Collins wouldn’t make my top 3 drummers list but they’re high quality for sure.

And Gabriel and Mercury wouldn’t make my top 3 lyricists but they’re behemoths in the lyrics department. Mercury’s lyrics benefit with his unbeatable vocals backing them.

Not sure who my favorite drummers are (besides Peart in there) but my top lyricists would likely be:

1) Bob Dylan

2) Roger Waters

3) Neil Peart

I love Waters as well, and I’ve never heard anything from Dylan that wasn’t at least somewhat captivating lyrically. Great choices! Really to me, my top 3 comes down to very highly personal favorites.

• Like 1

My favorite lyricist is Cyndi Lauper, man...girls just want to have fu-hun. Oh, girls just want to have fun! It inspired me in its simplicity.

Signed, Katy Perry

Hahahaha!

I can see your "True Colors."

Wow! Talking pro wrestling!

I'm ready to get in the ring mother fuckkers! GNR?

I love "The Goonies!"

"The Goonies R Good Enough!"

LOVE FOREVER,

ROWDY RODDY PIPER!

RIP!

"THEY LIVE!!"

JOHN CARPENTER!

Yep!

I'm mixing threads up again. You may hate me but I'm keeping you on your toes!

"SIGN IN PLEASE"

• Like 1

Drummers:

Neil Peart

Phil Collins

Neil Peart

Peter Gabriel

Freddie Mercury

1) Bob Dylan

2) Roger Waters

3) Neil Peart

I love Waters as well, and I’ve never heard anything from Dylan that wasn’t at least somewhat captivating lyrically. Great choices! Really to me, my top 3 comes down to very highly personal favorites.

John Waters?

Earl, whenever I see your contributions, I immediately think of my two excitable English Cocker Spaniels for some reason.....

Saying that, I definitely "get" you and the fact that you are just yanking folks chains.

It's what elevates your posts from annoying to entertaining.

As for Neil, he can bite me......

Signed

"Scottish Colonel"

• Like 1

I'm like a fire truck siren going off in the Distant "Earl"y Warning. Some people follow fire trucks. Most go the other way.

You’re like a pogo stick. Some people get on you but you keep hopping around like a f***in maniac going about his business. :P

Hahahaha! All I can do is think of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. "Lunatics of pogo sticks, another southern fried freak on a crucifix, hicks don't mix with politics, people on the street just kicking' to the licks."