The 2018-2019 NFL Season

Principled Man

What a f***ing joke of a call!

I wasn't even following this thread during the game and I know exactly which call you mean. Terrible call.

Players agree...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/2019-super-bowl-bad-call-defenseless

It was, although I suspect the way it looked in real time and the helmet to helmet aspect drew the official’s attention. I’m glad it didn’t have a significant impact on the score, or that’s what we’d be hearing today.

“Congratulations to the Patriots. They did a great job. You know, coach Belichick did an outstanding job. There really is no other way to put it – I’m pretty numb right now. But definitely, I got outcoached. I didn’t do enough for our football team."

- Sean McVay

He certainly put his defense in the right schemes.

That's 3+ hours I'll never get back.

The Patriots led by 3 at the half. The teams were tied at the start of the 4th. The Patriots didn’t ice it until there were 2 minutes left. What more did you want in terms of a competitive game?

54-51 end score. :P

But that was a heckuva game, with phenomenal defense and remarkable kicking. Goff didn't handle the NE pressure very well, but I'm not sure anyone could have.

In all seriousness, a shootout like last year just means, to me, that the defenses played like sh*t.

The Patriots led by 3 at the half. The teams were tied at the start of the 4th. The Patriots didn’t ice it until there were 2 minutes left. What more did you want in terms of a competitive game?

But that was a heckuva game, with phenomenal defense and remarkable kicking. Goff didn't handle the NE pressure very well, but I'm not sure anyone could have.

In all seriousness, a shootout like last year just means, to me, that the defenses played like sh*t.

Agreed. Watching last night's game, and knowing the potential each offense, I was in awe of both defenses. Play after play after play against well-executed routes. Nothing boring about that.
  • Like 1

Some Thoughts:

This was a great game. You don't need a pile of points to make it a good competitive game. The Patriots are amazing. Having a team like them in the sport serves as an incredible benchmark for excellence. Congrats to New England.

Stefon Gilmour got robbed of the MVP award. I think this just goes to show that they're going to give it to an offensive player no matter what at this point.

The media mob on the field at the end of the game was a nightmare; one the NFL needs to address. Limit the number of press passes, and call in security when it starts to look like feeding time at the aquarium. What a bunch of mindless vultures.

Aside from the football game itself (which I enjoy thoroughly) I hate everything about the Superbowl. I hate the commercials. I hate the halftime show. I hate the media. I hate the ceremony. It's like they've made the football game a sideshow to the greater event. Let's make it about the football again.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

Agreed. Watching last night's game, and knowing the potential each offense, I was in awe of both defenses. Play after play after play against well-executed routes. Nothing boring about that.

The beauty of defensive struggles, or a pitcher's duel, is that all you need is one big play or hit. I find them much more intense.

Some Thoughts:

This was a great game. You don't need a pile of points to make it a good competitive game. The Patriots are amazing. Having a team like them in the sport serves as an incredible benchmark for excellence. Congrats to New England.

Stefon Gilmour got robbed of the MVP award. I think this just goes to show that they're going to give it to an offensive player no matter what at this point.

The media mob on the field at the end of the game was a nightmare; one the NFL needs to address. Limit the number of press passes, and call in security when it starts to look like feeding time at the aquarium. What a bunch of mindless vultures.

Aside from the football game itself (which I enjoy thoroughly) I hate everything about the Superbowl. I hate the commercials. I hate the halftime show. I hate the media. I hate the ceremony. It's like they've made the football game a sideshow to the greater event. Let's make it about the football again.

My son and I thought either Gilmore, Hightower, or, actually, Kyle Van Noy, could have fairly been called the game's most valuable player.

Some Thoughts:

I agree it seems at times the game is a sideshow to a greater sport. Way too much Pom and circumstance, at some point in the future they will strip down a SB somewhat like that SB was in the NJ outside in the cold. I loved the uncertainty the weather played in that SB. This game was what it was.....a defensive masterpiece. Something that hasn’t happened in SB’s since the early Super Bowls of the 70’s. The outcome was in doubt till 5 or so minutes left with lots of hard hitting. Then again I prefer defense for a change over a 70 point shootout.

Some Thoughts:

You know who else hated at least 1 commercial? Vegans. They've got their free range cotton panties in a wad over the Hyundai commercial. I thought it was hilarious, but then again, I'm not looking for offense at every turn. Meat is murder. Delicious, delicious murder.

Some Thoughts:

You know who else hated at least 1 commercial? Vegans. They've got their free range cotton panties in a wad over the Hyundai commercial. I thought it was hilarious, but then again, I'm not looking for offense at every turn. Meat is murder. Delicious, delicious murder.

Bateman is a riot.

• Like 2

Worst game i've ever seen. Preseason games were more entertaining...

Saints would have stomped them chowdaheads.

Amen

The worst Super Bowl I've ever seen along with the worst halftime show ever created. I would rather be marooned on a deserted island for 5 years than watch that shite.

Of course Brady wins another one.

I am sure they will win another one next year.

Ugh.

• Like 1

Watching national coverage I almost think fans outside New England don’t love the Patriots. I’m probably just being paranoid, right?

That seems to be the case based on the consensus of popular culture; but speaking anecdotally, me and virtually all my real life friends and family respect the hell out of the Pats, only rooting for the Vikings more.

I've seen the disdain of the Pats through media and online... but rarely in real life.

Edited by KenJennings

Watching national coverage I almost think fans outside New England don’t love the Patriots. I’m probably just being paranoid, right?

Well down here in South Florida there’s plenty, I mean lot of Patriot fans down here. Many are not from New England area, some went to Michigan or just loves The Wolverines. Therefore they like Brady and in the end root for the Patriots. Some Dolphin fans at the sports bar last night were rooting for the Patriots ONLY because their new head coach is coming from the Champions. I wish him well even though it seems the Finns plan on tanking this next season. Possibly to get a Brady type qb.

2019 Compensatory Draft Picks have been announced today.

The Patriots have been awarded two 3rd-round compensatory draft picks.

They have already announced that they will be selecting Dee Dee and Roxanne from Jupiter, Florida. :sundog: :sundog:

• Like 2

Breaking News:

Nike Inc., in a stunning display of social awareness, has offered to exchange brand new Colin Kaepernick jerseys for all those who trade in their old ones.

The Elite Game Day jerseys will have Colin's new name, "NON-DISCLOSURE" on the back.

4nfGeNP.jpg

• Like 1