What are you binge watching lately?

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#21 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

Creative Writing 101

• Members
  • 10533 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:05 PM

View Postgoose, on 03 March 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

So, in the winter months my sleeping patterns are very irregular, which means I'm up a lot in the wee hours of the morning.  I don't mind, because it gives me a chance to binge watch and catch up on tv shows I don't watch during normal waking hours.  Some shows I've been watching...

Orange Is The New Black:  I never watched this during its original run, and am really enjoying it.  I'm into season 2.

End of the F****ing World:  A teen sociopath/antisocial personality decides to ramp up his penchant for animal torture by murdering someone.  A female classmate presents herself as a perfect target, but things quickly go awry.

Everything Sucks:  Set in a 90's high school, it's a coming of age series in the vein of Freaks and Geeks.  Plenty of clever 90s references and a pretty good storyline so far (except for the hapless principal angle).

So, how about y'all?  What's your latest obsession?

My wife went to high school (same grad year) with the actor who plays the gym teacher in Everythjng Sucks.

Sponsored Post

#22 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 25905 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 March 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 04 March 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Breaking Bad.  I love and hate it.

What do you hate about it?

The entire premise is ridiculous when you have access to the money and choose not to accept it.  That, and time and time again White makes the worst decision possible.  It makes the problems so avoidable that it’s hard to empathize with him.

#23 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7603 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

The Crown was a fun binge watch on Netflix.  Season Two came out right before Christmas, I think.

#24 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61301 posts
  • Interests:Ted Nugent

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 03 March 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Just binged watched Everything Sucks as well.  I was a sophomore in fall 96 in high school so it hit home for me with the music and movie references.

Speaking of binge watching, I’m looking forward to season 2 of Santa Clarita Diet in a few weeks.  Underrated comedy zombie series and Drew Barrymore’s best role in years.
Santa  Clarita looked like a winner I'll check it out.

#25 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61301 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

View Postblueschica, on 03 March 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

So, in the winter months my sleeping patterns are very irregular, which means I'm up a lot in the wee hours of the morning.  I don't mind, because it gives me a chance to binge watch and catch up on tv shows I don't watch during normal waking hours.  Some shows I've been watching...

Orange Is The New Black:  I never watched this during its original run, and am really enjoying it.  I'm into season 2.

End of the F****ing World:  A teen sociopath/antisocial personality decides to ramp up his penchant for animal torture by murdering someone.  A female classmate presents herself as a perfect target, but things quickly go awry.

Everything Sucks:  Set in a 90's high school, it's a coming of age series in the vein of Freaks and Geeks.  Plenty of clever 90s references and a pretty good storyline so far (except for the hapless principal angle).

A classmate of my daughter's went to Kate Mulgrew's (Red Reznikov !)  book signing when she published a biography a few years ago.  Grace said Kate was having fun looking at the attendees and guessing why they were a fan- older women, from when she was on Ryan's Hope (70's soap), guys, from when she was Captain Janeway on Star Trek: Voyager, etc.  Kate takes one look at Grace in her khaki pants and flannel shirt and Doc Martens and says, "You gotta be Orange Is the New Black!"  :lol:
:D

Funny story!

#26 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61301 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 03 March 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

Mom.

Sitcom currently in it's fifth season. It stars Anna Farris (from the Scary Movie series) and Allison Janney (The West Wing) as mother and daughter who are both recovering alcoholics. It covers their road to staying sober and them trying to rebuild their strained relationship with each other. Lots of really funny stuff but it also gets serious since addiction is a major topic on it. Great performances by both Farris and Janney.
I'll have to check this one out.

#27 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61301 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

I binged that one twice.  Same with Better Call Saul

#28 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61301 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

View PostPresto-digitation, on 04 March 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

Ugly Delicious with chef David Chang.
I love cooking/food shows and it caught my eye.  It's on the list.

#29 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61301 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

View Postblueschica, on 04 March 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

The Crown was a fun binge watch on Netflix.  Season Two came out right before Christmas, I think.
An excellent series.  I haven't seen season 2 yet.

#30 On TheRoad To Adventure

On TheRoad To Adventure

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

View Postblueschica, on 03 March 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Nerdy but entertaining, and the lead actor is very handsome!  Murdoch Mysteries, from the CBC.  It did have 7 seasons on Netflix but they recently came off.  All 11 seasons are on Acorn TV, though.

Posted Image

One of my all-time favourite shows.  I've watched it from Day One.

#31 On TheRoad To Adventure

On TheRoad To Adventure

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

I am hooked on the British drama "Call the Midwife."  I just discovered it recently. Sometimes I have to mute the screaming during the birth scenes, but otherwise I love the show.

#32 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20900 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

A friend recommended Stranger Things. It's pretty entertaining.

#33 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4440 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

--

My roguelike!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Currently my wife and I are watching Sons of Anarchy, which until this week I've never seen a single episode of. We're only on the 1st season episode 8 but so far it's really good.

#34 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4440 posts

--

My roguelike!

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

I watch Orange is the New Black and S2 is probably the best. S4 is (by far) they worst. Pu-ssey is the best!

#35 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4440 posts

--

My roguelike!

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

View Postblueschica, on 03 March 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

A classmate of my daughter's went to Kate Mulgrew's (Red Reznikov !)  book signing when she published a biography a few years ago.  Grace said Kate was having fun looking at the attendees and guessing why they were a fan- older women, from when she was on Ryan's Hope (70's soap), guys, from when she was Captain Janeway on Star Trek: Voyager, etc.  Kate takes one look at Grace in her khaki pants and flannel shirt and Doc Martens and says, "You gotta be Orange Is the New Black!"  :lol:
"Chokotay to the bridge! It's another terrible plot!"

#36 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 25905 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:33 AM

View PostLedRush, on 04 March 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

The entire premise is ridiculous when you have access to the money and choose not to accept it.  That, and time and time again White makes the worst decision possible.  It makes the problems so avoidable that it’s hard to empathize with him.

And I'm getting to the point where I might fastforward any scene Skler is in.

#37 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61301 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

View PostLedRush, on 07 March 2018 - 03:33 AM, said:

Skyler, the wife?  What season are you on?

#38 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 25905 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

View Postgoose, on 07 March 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

5.  The wife (Skyler) is destroying the middle of the show I'm in.  She started off horrible, got more horrible, got much better, got bad, and is now horrible again.

#39 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 11423 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostLedRush, on 07 March 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

5.  The wife (Skyler) is destroying the middle of the show I'm in.  She started off horrible, got more horrible, got much better, got bad, and is now horrible again.

Nobody likes Skylar. She has her good moments but mostly she's an annoying ungrateful bitch.

#40 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 25905 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

View PostLedRush, on 07 March 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

And Walt was an obstinate ass in season 1, but he’s insufferably stupid in season 5.  All his problems can be solved time and time again, but he chooses the dumbest options possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users