Jump to content


The Last Jedi Reaction thread [SPOILERS galore!]


  • Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

Poll: Episode VIII (39 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you grade The Last Jedi?

  1. A+ (3 votes [7.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.69%

  2. A (3 votes [7.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.69%

  3. A- (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. B+ (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.26%

  5. B (6 votes [15.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.38%

  6. B- (5 votes [12.82%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.82%

  7. C+ (3 votes [7.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.69%

  8. C (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.26%

  9. C- (6 votes [15.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.38%

  10. D+ (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.56%

  11. D (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.13%

  12. D- (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.13%

  13. F (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Do you plan on seeing The Last Jedi in the cinema again?

  1. I already have! (6 votes [15.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.38%

  2. Definitely. (9 votes [23.08%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.08%

  3. Maybe. (10 votes [25.64%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 25.64%

  4. Definitely not! (14 votes [35.90%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.90%

The Last Jedi is better than... ((check the ones that apply))

  1. A New Hope (2 votes [1.79%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.79%

  2. The Empire Strikes Back (3 votes [2.68%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.68%

  3. Return of the Jedi (7 votes [6.25%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.25%

  4. Phantom Menace (28 votes [25.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 25.00%

  5. Attack of the Clones (33 votes [29.46%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 29.46%

  6. Revenge of the Sith (23 votes [20.54%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 20.54%

  7. The Force Awakens (5 votes [4.46%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.46%

  8. Rogue One (7 votes [6.25%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.25%

  9. NONE!!! (4 votes [3.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

I thought it’d be good to have this thread so we wouldn’t have to worry about spoilers.

Also, how would you rank all 9 of the Star Wars films now?

What did you like or dislike about it?

Sponsored Post

#2 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

I'd say

4=5>6>7>R1>8>3>2>1

#3 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:46 AM

Disney had too much damn influence over this movie. There were lots of wtf moments I'd love to get into later. I don't regret seeing the movie but it definitely could have been better. They should have ended it after Rey and the gang escaped the empire.

One plus I'll give the movie is Mark Hamill's A+ performance. I also thought Kylo's push to the dark side was more interesting and logical than Anakin's

#4 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:46 AM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 December 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

I'd say

4=5>6>7>R1>8>3>2>1

I’d go with a slight variation of that...

Empire

New Hope
Return/Jedi
R1
Awakens
Last Jedi





Sith
Clones












Phantom


:P

#5 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

^ Actually now that I think about it R1 and 6 are kind of a tie for me

#6 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:16 AM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 December 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

^ Actually now that I think about it R1 and 6 are kind of a tie for me

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

Empire: A+
New Hope: A
Return: A-
Rogue One: B+
Force Awakens: B
Last Jedi: B-
Revenge: D+
Clones: D
Phantom: F dammit!!!


#7 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 December 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

^ Actually now that I think about it R1 and 6 are kind of a tie for me

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

Empire: A+
New Hope: A
Return: A-
Rogue One: B+
Force Awakens: B
Last Jedi: B-
Revenge: D+
Clones: D
Phantom: F dammit!!!
I agree with everything but Revenge. It's a solid C or so. It it's much more redeemable than the rest of the prequels.


And Entre_Perpetuo, I really want to see you defend your A+ rating. And I don't mean this as an a attack on your rating, I just want to know what you liked about the film.

#8 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 4591 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:51 AM

Wow, y'all are much more critical than me, lol.

I'm still debating 8's placement in my rankings since I only just saw it, but I think it's got an argument for the top 3, if not the top spot, here's my old ranking:

4
7
5
R1
3
6
1
2

I thought 8 was just phenomenal and pushed so many boundaries. Like 7, it had me unsure what to quite make of it till the end, but once it all came together I felt confident this was another huge success. Luke was fantastic, as were Rey and Kylo, and Poe for that matter, Fin was great too, and Rose (hoping she's alright). Really, everyone did a pretty great job, it played out like one might expect a SW version of Dungeons and Dragons to go, but it was just as much fun if not more to see everything work together so beautifully, and not without earning it either (okay, Leia's near death was kinda questionable at best till I realized one of the themes of the movie was playing with the boundaries and capabilities of the Force, among other previously set in stone Star Wars concepts). Also the scene at the end was so Disney, but so worth it. Just a little Christmas gift really, like the Porgs :D

Okay, bed now. Love this movie, love this trilogy so far, love this franchise.

#9 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:53 AM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 December 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 December 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

^ Actually now that I think about it R1 and 6 are kind of a tie for me

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

Empire: A+
New Hope: A
Return: A-
Rogue One: B+
Force Awakens: B
Last Jedi: B-
Revenge: D+
Clones: D
Phantom: F dammit!!!
I agree with everything but Revenge. It's a solid C or so. It it's much more redeemable than the rest of the prequels.


And Entre_Perpetuo, I really want to see you defend your A+ rating. And I don't mean this as an a attack on your rating, I just want to know what you liked about the film.

When I first saw Revenge I gave it a C. Time has made it live among the D+ ranks.

#10 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 4591 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:55 AM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 December 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 December 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

^ Actually now that I think about it R1 and 6 are kind of a tie for me

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

Empire: A+
New Hope: A
Return: A-
Rogue One: B+
Force Awakens: B
Last Jedi: B-
Revenge: D+
Clones: D
Phantom: F dammit!!!
I agree with everything but Revenge. It's a solid C or so. It it's much more redeemable than the rest of the prequels.


And Entre_Perpetuo, I really want to see you defend your A+ rating. And I don't mean this as an a attack on your rating, I just want to know what you liked about the film.

My defense, I'm a star wars fanatic who enjoys the prequels and isn't nearly as critical of his favorite movies as his favorite music. I thought it was very dramatic and pushed a lot of boundaries and had tons of great character development from pretty much everybody involved. Sorta too perfect like 7, but this one doesn't copycat 5 (though there are tons and tons of references to 5 and 6, but overall the plot just doesn't go the same way) how 7 copycats 4, so it comes off as less fan servicey in that regard. I really enjoyed watching them redefine the Force, they didn't have to, but it's so cool to still be blown away by what it can do after having been familiar with it for years.

#11 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:18 AM

Right after watching this, one of my friends suggested that the master code breaker on that casino planet recommended by Maz Kanata should’ve been Lando “Billy Dee” Calrissian instead of the stock gambling looking guy we saw. Lando would’ve fit in perfectly as that kind of player/character AND known & recommended by Maz. They could’ve still used Benicio Del Toro’s character as is but JUST have Lando in that very brief gambling scene where Finn and Rose see the master code breaker - an old Billy Dee Lando laughing, gambling, and enjoying himself.

Hell, I would’ve been really good with NOT having Del Toro in there at all and bringing back Lando Calrissian as the master code breaker who helps them (minus the Del Toro character screwing over Finn & Rose bit). That could’ve been the way to bring back Billy Dee’s Lando into this trilogy. Besides, with the Han Solo prequel coming up it wouldn’t have hurt if Lando (even an old Lando) were in Last Jedi.


#12 willowroolz

willowroolz

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1411 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:30 AM

I'll give it a C. I was very disappointed by it.  It was way, way, WAY too long, for a start.  It dragged horribly in places.  The whole code breaker/casino plot that took up the middle of the film was totally pointless and should have been cut - it was just there to give Finn something to do because Rey was off doing the only important bit (and splitting up Rey and Finn for most of the film was a huge mistake for me as their relationship was one of the better aspects of TFA).  They spent just as much time here retreading stuff from the previous films.  Even the throne room scene, which was the best bit of the movie, was just a RotJ replay, light v dark side, emperor type character, space battle outside etc etc.  And when that looked like doing something interesting, in having Rey and Kylo team up, they bottled it and went down the predictable path and wasted the chance.  Luke's storyline didn't sit comfortably with me.  Hammill did a good job but I thought it was a wasted opportunity as well.

The worst thing for me was that I found it a bit uninvolving.  I realised, after the throne room fight, that I didn't care what happened to the characters.  I wasn't expecting that because I really liked Rey, Finn and Poe in TFA.

On the plus side, it was good to see Carrie Fisher one last time.  I thought they'd killed Leia off via cgi at one point but Luke had obviously trained her in the ways of the Force.  I wonder how they'll deal with the character in ep 9.

5
4
6
R1
7
8/3
2
1

#13 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

View Postwillowroolz, on 16 December 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:


On the plus side, it was good to see Carrie Fisher one last time.  I thought they'd killed Leia off via cgi at one point but Luke had obviously trained her in the ways of the Force.  I wonder how they'll deal with the character in ep 9.


If you really want to know...

Spoiler


#14 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:40 AM

This was in the original Episode VIII thread but since we can talk about it freely here I thought it’s worth moving it to these parts...

View PostPrincipled Man, on 16 December 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 December 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

J.J. Abrams will co-write Episode IX witth Chris Terrio, in addition to producing the film through his company, Bad Robot Productions, with Kathleen Kennedy and Michelle Rejwan.

Spoiler

Yes, it will be very hard to top what happened in The Last Jedi.  I see the possibility of Episode IX being very anti-climactic, unless......

Spoiler

If either Snoke or Luke come back in anything but a non-threatening apparition form, it’ll be kind of lame and give their deaths less impact.

So I’m guessing the only way we’ll see either will be in apparition form. Luke seems guaranteed to appear that way. And he’ll probably do so for Rey, no?

#15 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

This was in the original Episode VIII thread but since we can talk about it freely here I thought it’s worth moving it to these parts...

View PostPrincipled Man, on 16 December 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 December 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

J.J. Abrams will co-write Episode IX witth Chris Terrio, in addition to producing the film through his company, Bad Robot Productions, with Kathleen Kennedy and Michelle Rejwan.

Spoiler

Yes, it will be very hard to top what happened in The Last Jedi.  I see the possibility of Episode IX being very anti-climactic, unless......

Spoiler

If either Snoke or Luke come back in anything but a non-threatening apparition form, it’ll be kind of lame and give their deaths less impact.

So I’m guessing the only way we’ll see either will be in apparition form. Luke seems guaranteed to appear that way. And he’ll probably do so for Rey, no?

We saw Yoda command lightning, so Luke interacting with the physical world is a real possibility.  I'm pretty sure that Luke will keep haunting Ben, as he all but guaranteed it on the salt fields.

#16 Nate2112

Nate2112

    The Lil' Eskimo

  • Members *
  • 3092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:34 AM

Last Jedi A+
Empire A+
Revenge A
Rogue One A
Clones B
Hope B-
Return B-
Force Awakens C +
Menace C

Holiday Christmas Special >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else;)

#17 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 10421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:38 AM

View Postwillowroolz, on 16 December 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

I'll give it a C. I was very disappointed by it.  It was way, way, WAY too long, for a start.  It dragged horribly in places.  The whole code breaker/casino plot that took up the middle of the film was totally pointless and should have been cut - it was just there to give Finn something to do because Rey was off doing the only important bit (and splitting up Rey and Finn for most of the film was a huge mistake for me as their relationship was one of the better aspects of TFA).  They spent just as much time here retreading stuff from the previous films.  Even the throne room scene, which was the best bit of the movie, was just a RotJ replay, light v dark side, emperor type character, space battle outside etc etc.  And when that looked like doing something interesting, in having Rey and Kylo team up, they bottled it and went down the predictable path and wasted the chance.  Luke's storyline didn't sit comfortably with me.  Hammill did a good job but I thought it was a wasted opportunity as well.

The worst thing for me was that I found it a bit uninvolving.  I realised, after the throne room fight, that I didn't care what happened to the characters.  I wasn't expecting that because I really liked Rey, Finn and Poe in TFA.

On the plus side, it was good to see Carrie Fisher one last time.  I thought they'd killed Leia off via cgi at one point but Luke had obviously trained her in the ways of the Force.  I wonder how they'll deal with the character in ep 9.

5
4
6
R1
7
8/3
2
1

Sums up perfectly how I felt about it. I liked this better than Phantom Menace and that's not saying much. This movie did nothing to develop the characters more. I care less about them than I did after Force Awakens which I did like a lot. All the characters introduced in the last film are pretty much the same at the end of this one. Oh, Rey can move a bunch of rocks now? Whoopi f'n doing. Finn was pointless, Poe was decent but they're just trying to make him into another Han. Kylo is just awful as a main villain. Complete pussy who is not intimidating in the least. The fact that he needed Reys help to beat those royal guards shows you how bad he is. Annakin/Vader would have toasted those guys by himself in about a minute.

There's no doubt in my mind that Luke could easily have taken out Kylo in a one on one battle.  The fact that he sacrificed his life to let the others get away instead of killing Kylo or at least severely injuring him was garbage.

Hopefully they'll bounce back and finish things out well with the next movie.

#18 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 16 December 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

This was in the original Episode VIII thread but since we can talk about it freely here I thought it’s worth moving it to these parts...

View PostPrincipled Man, on 16 December 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 December 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

J.J. Abrams will co-write Episode IX witth Chris Terrio, in addition to producing the film through his company, Bad Robot Productions, with Kathleen Kennedy and Michelle Rejwan.

Spoiler

Yes, it will be very hard to top what happened in The Last Jedi.  I see the possibility of Episode IX being very anti-climactic, unless......

Spoiler

If either Snoke or Luke come back in anything but a non-threatening apparition form, it’ll be kind of lame and give their deaths less impact.

So I’m guessing the only way we’ll see either will be in apparition form. Luke seems guaranteed to appear that way. And he’ll probably do so for Rey, no?

We saw Yoda command lightning, so Luke interacting with the physical world is a real possibility.  I'm pretty sure that Luke will keep haunting Ben, as he all but guaranteed it on the salt fields.

“Interacting with the physical world” yes but I meant an apparition wouldn’t be putting the beat down on a living being like Kylo Ren or Rey.
I don’t think a dead Jedi or Sith has done that. Has one? I seriously don’t remember and I’ve only seen Episode 2 and 3 once each.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 16 December 2017 - 09:54 AM.


#19 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31530 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 16 December 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

View Postwillowroolz, on 16 December 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

I'll give it a C. I was very disappointed by it.  It was way, way, WAY too long, for a start.  It dragged horribly in places.  The whole code breaker/casino plot that took up the middle of the film was totally pointless and should have been cut - it was just there to give Finn something to do because Rey was off doing the only important bit (and splitting up Rey and Finn for most of the film was a huge mistake for me as their relationship was one of the better aspects of TFA).  They spent just as much time here retreading stuff from the previous films.  Even the throne room scene, which was the best bit of the movie, was just a RotJ replay, light v dark side, emperor type character, space battle outside etc etc.  And when that looked like doing something interesting, in having Rey and Kylo team up, they bottled it and went down the predictable path and wasted the chance.  Luke's storyline didn't sit comfortably with me.  Hammill did a good job but I thought it was a wasted opportunity as well.

The worst thing for me was that I found it a bit uninvolving.  I realised, after the throne room fight, that I didn't care what happened to the characters.  I wasn't expecting that because I really liked Rey, Finn and Poe in TFA.

On the plus side, it was good to see Carrie Fisher one last time.  I thought they'd killed Leia off via cgi at one point but Luke had obviously trained her in the ways of the Force.  I wonder how they'll deal with the character in ep 9.

5
4
6
R1
7
8/3
2
1

Sums up perfectly how I felt about it. I liked this better than Phantom Menace and that's not saying much. This movie did nothing to develop the characters more. I care less about them than I did after Force Awakens which I did like a lot. All the characters introduced in the last film are pretty much the same at the end of this one. Oh, Rey can move a bunch of rocks now? Whoopi f'n doing. Finn was pointless, Poe was decent but they're just trying to make him into another Han. Kylo is just awful as a main villain. Complete pussy who is not intimidating in the least. The fact that he needed Reys help to beat those royal guards shows you how bad he is. Annakin/Vader would have toasted those guys by himself in about a minute.

There's no doubt in my mind that Luke could easily have taken out Kylo in a one on one battle.  The fact that he sacrificed his life to let the others get away instead of killing Kylo or at least severely injuring him was garbage.

Hopefully they'll bounce back and finish things out well with the next movie.

Kylo “The Puss” Ren is what my pals & I were complaining about after watching it. We didn’t find him to be threatening so how could we feel that any of the rebel heroes were in danger?

#20 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 16 December 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

This was in the original Episode VIII thread but since we can talk about it freely here I thought it’s worth moving it to these parts...

View PostPrincipled Man, on 16 December 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 December 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 December 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

J.J. Abrams will co-write Episode IX witth Chris Terrio, in addition to producing the film through his company, Bad Robot Productions, with Kathleen Kennedy and Michelle Rejwan.

Spoiler

Yes, it will be very hard to top what happened in The Last Jedi.  I see the possibility of Episode IX being very anti-climactic, unless......

Spoiler

If either Snoke or Luke come back in anything but a non-threatening apparition form, it’ll be kind of lame and give their deaths less impact.

So I’m guessing the only way we’ll see either will be in apparition form. Luke seems guaranteed to appear that way. And he’ll probably do so for Rey, no?

We saw Yoda command lightning, so Luke interacting with the physical world is a real possibility.  I'm pretty sure that Luke will keep haunting Ben, as he all but guaranteed it on the salt fields.

“Interacting with the physical world” yes but I meant an apparition wouldn’t be putting the beat down on a living being like Kylo Ren or Rey.
I don’t think a dead Jedi or Sith has done that. Has one? I seriously don’t remember and I’ve only seen Episode 2 and 3 once each.

We were all hoping for an epic battle between Luke and Ben and/or Snoke, I think.  As great are light saber duels are, I think it would be interesting to see the adversaries go beyond them.  Something new, bigger and better.....

If Rey and Ben are the next step in the evolution of the Jedi and the Force, then they could progress to the point where they don't need light sabers.  Rey can already crack solid rock with her mind.  We could see virtual god-like powers from them.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users