2018 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Michael Kopech of the White Sox is the latest to have dumb Internet comments dug up and used against him.

Like Josh Hader of the Brewers, he was 17 when he made the comments. Now, he has to prove that he's "changed", and he will probably have to take "Sensitivity" classes....

Eesh. The price of fame, I suppose. It's really not asking too much for someone famous to disown stupid posts from the past, though.

The story...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24457381/michael-kopech-chicago-white-sox-says-offensive-tweets-were-immature-inappropriate

"I had to delete some stuff," he said. "Things I said that were immature and inappropriate. I used some poor language in there. Obviously, I'm trying to be looked at as a role model and the last thing I want to do is have some kid look at what I'm saying and take it the wrong way."

Edited by goose

Michael Kopech of the White Sox is the latest to have dumb Internet comments dug up and used against him.

Like Josh Hader of the Brewers, he was 17 when he made the comments. Now, he has to prove that he's "changed", and he will probably have to take "Sensitivity" classes....

Eesh. The price of fame, I suppose. It's really not asking too much for someone famous to disown stupid posts from the past, though.

The story...

http://www.espn.com/...e-inappropriate

"I had to delete some stuff," he said. "Things I said that were immature and inappropriate. I used some poor language in there. Obviously, I'm trying to be looked at as a role model and the last thing I want to do is have some kid look at what I'm saying and take it the wrong way."

Nothing at all wrong with renouncing what you said in the past and affirming that you've grown up and all that.

The main problem, IMO, is with the people who are digging up these old online comments and publishing them. Have they no shame? Are they doing it out of jealousy? spite? WTF?!

Baseball needs an electronic strike zone now. These guys make the NFL replacement refs look competent.

f**k Angel Hernandez, seriously.

My Angels might as well just lose to everyone now. They couldn’t even beat the last place Rangers ffs. Looks like another 3rd sub 500 season in a row. One more month of lobotomy Scioscia “managing.” Good riddance to that long contract.

Danny Glover was right. “There’s a thing called talent! They don’t have it!”

Edited by invisible airwave

Baseball needs an electronic strike zone now. These guys make the NFL replacement refs look competent.

f**k Angel Hernandez, seriously.

My Angels might as well just lose to everyone now. They couldn’t even beat the last place Rangers ffs. Looks like another 3rd sub 500 season in a row. One more month of lobotomy Scioscia “managing.” Good riddance to that long contract.

Danny Glover was right. “There’s a thing called talent! They don’t have it!”

Yeah, Hernandez is the worst. CB Bucknor's not that far behind, though.

Well the Red Sox finally have cooled off, time to pick up the winning pace the we’re on.

Yeah the only team to hand deliver a sweep was the Rays! Also with sweeping the AL leaders comes riding an 8 game win streak. Tampa probably helped the Yankee's more than themselves but this sweep provided 2 things.

1- Boston can fall

2- The Rays are now only 9 games out from a wild card spot!

The second being more impressive to me as I completely counted the Rays out of any contention at the beginning of the season. If by some (really reaching here) miracle Tampa makes it to post season play, it will definitely be a "Well shut my mouth" moment!!!!

Go Rays!!

Brewers 13

Reds 12

Final - 10 Innings

I was 4th row off the field, by the Brewers’ dugout during this INSANE game. A half-hour rain delay before it started, then all Hell broke loose. We saw just about eveything that could happen in a ball game. Unfortunately, we left after 7 innings, with the score tied at 10.

But I got to see the great Christian Yelich hit for the cycle. That young man is a STUD.

Brewers 13

Reds 12

Final - 10 Innings

I was 4th row off the field, by the Brewers’ dugout during this INSANE game. A half-hour rain delay before it started, then all Hell broke loose. We saw just about eveything that could happen in a ball game. Unfortunately, we left after 7 innings, with the score tied at 10.

But I got to see the great Christian Yelich hit for the cycle. That young man is a STUD.

Cool you saw the cycle!

Brewers 13

Reds 12

Final - 10 Innings

Cool you saw the cycle!

He went 6 for 6 and raised his average 8 points! :LOL: The Brewers would be lost without him.

• Like 1

The Milwaukee Brewers are the hottest team in MLB. They've won 13 out of the last 18 games. (.722)

With 19 games to go, they are 81 - 62, and only 2.5 games behind the Cubs in the NL Central.

MVP candidate Christian Yelich is leading the way with his 5-tool greatness.

The pitching staff has been bolstered by the return of Corey Knebel and Zach Davies, as well as the acquisition of veteran starter Gio Gonzales (who pitched great last night).

Brewer fans are pumped up, but still a little anxious. We don't want another "just missed" season!

Edited by Principled Man

The Brewers’ Curtis Granderson leads off against the Cubs with a drive to left-center. The ball hits the top of the Wrigley fence, goes straight up, bounces off the fence again, and spins back into play. Granderson got a triple out of it.

:wtf: :LOL:

Runners on 2nd and 3rd.....the Brewers’ Orlando Arcia pushes a hard bunt down the first base line and past the 1st baseman.

A 2-rbi bunt double.....:LOL: This game never ceases to amaze.....

Runners on 2nd and 3rd.....the Brewers’ Orlando Arcia pushes a hard bunt down the first base line and past the 1st baseman.

A 2-rbi bunt double..... :LOL: This game never ceases to amaze.....

Hey, the Pirates helped! :madra: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

More proof that some MLB umpires should be fired:

Umpire Tom Hallion, in a blatant display of childish dooshbaggery, stood right on top of home plate as the Mets' Todd Frasier came jogging home on a walk-off home run.

https://sports.yahoo...-003424773.html

todd-frazier-hr.jpeg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

The Brewers' Christian Yelich becomes the 3rd player since 1900 to hit for the Cycle twice in a season.

A historical First, both Cycles have come against the same team - the Cincinnati Reds - and much to their chagrin..... :LOL:

720a419d-c7fb-4ff4-9a8d-6fc24710e32a-GAN_20180917_szo_bs5_0099.JPG?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

He's batting .318, with 31 HR's, 93 RBI's, 102 Runs, .570 Slugging, .955 On Base + Slugging

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Rays put it to the Rangers last night to gain a 1/2 a game for the second wild card slot (somebody pinch me! :P ). The Rays have the hottest offence of the league for the month of September and are one of the hottest teams in the league right now. A series win against the Rangers will be a big help, a sweep would be awesome and the Rays need the A's to lose baby lose! Sorry A's fans. Hopefully this wonderfully unexpected surge will not end up being a little to late scenario!

Go Rays!

The Brewers' Christian Yelich becomes the 3rd player since 1900 to hit for the Cycle twice in a season.

A historical First, both Cycles have come against the same team - the Cincinnati Reds - and much to their chagrin..... :LOL:

720a419d-c7fb-4ff4-9a8d-6fc24710e32a-GAN_20180917_szo_bs5_0099.JPG?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

He's batting .318, with 31 HR's, 93 RBI's, 102 Runs, .570 Slugging, .955 On Base + Slugging

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I thought of you when I saw the story. Congrats to him and best of luck in the race for MVP.

Well with a terrible 9th inning loss tonight to the Jays, and no help by the Yank's & the A's winning. The Rays are pretty much (barring a miracle) mathematically out of it. We'll see how it all plays out in the next week(s) but it was one HELL of a September...

Go Rays!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Well with the Tampa Bay Rays 5-2 loss yesterday & an Oakland A's 3-2 win all but seals the Rays fate. There will be no post season play for the Rays :( . I will say as I have said previously in this thread how pleasantly surprised that the possibility of post season play even existed for this club is in it's own strange way a major accomplishment. I think if anyone was asked at the beginning of the season if that were the case a good belly laugh would've been the appropriate response. It is sad that we were in another division (such as the AL central or NL East or West) as this comment would have been of complete jubilation. Oh well on to Hockey season we go :D

GO A's

Note to St. Louis: Intentionally walking Lorenzo Cain to pitch to Christian Yelich...........is unwise.

2 for 6, 3-run triple, 3-run home run (after Cain is walked intentionally), 6 RBI's

9f905437-5098-4ce9-8a31-387f0ed1ac2f-GAN_20180925_tdc_ac1_073.JPG?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

.321 Batting Average, 33 HR's, 104 RBI's, 110 Runs, .583 Slugging, .973 On Base + Slugging

Catch the ball in the webbing of the glove - not the heel!

That's what Detroit recalled last night, as Ryan Braun's game-winning home run took a crazy path over the wall....

2a3b1e90-dfda-4f50-841b-2b5d422c4663-AP_Tigers_Brewers_Baseball_W_3.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

1cdf87bf-d795-48b4-bc1a-e28dd5cc2525-GTY_1042743502.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1