Time Stand Still on TV

Time Stand Still R40 The Movie Channel

20 replies to this topic

#1 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • Location:Back in The Homeland... Go, PACK, GO! On Wisconsin!
  • Interests:Football, hockey, cycling, golf, music

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

Time Stand Still will premier on The Movie Channel on Friday, December, 15.

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#2 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46313 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M., Bill Berry, Mike Mills, Michael Stipe, Peter Buck ,Hanging out with my best friends Heather Sylv and Jas, Drawing and drumming, thinking about life, photography, listening to music, writing.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up man!!

#3 edhunter

edhunter

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2996 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

Wow. I didn't even know the Movie Channel was still around. We used to steal it in the early 80's. If you took the face plate off your cable box and stuck a tip of a steak knife in hole 19 and gave it a quarter-turn, the distorting black bar would go away.

#4 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

It doesn't matter that TMC is still around because Time Stand Still is on SHOWTIME... D'oh! 9 p.m. Eastern tonight... Rock on!

#5 Laurabw

Laurabw

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

Watching...sigh!

#6 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7197 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

I watched it tonight as well.  It hit me harder than the first time I saw it, even, because the end seems so final now . . . . :(

#7 Laurabw

Laurabw

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

View Postblueschica, on 16 December 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

I watched it tonight as well.  It hit me harder than the first time I saw it, even, because the end seems so final now . . . . :(
Yes, agreed.
Great film though. "SUBDIVISIONS!!!!"

#8 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34269 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

I have it set to DVR on the next showing. It's on Showtime tonight, 11:05pm eastern time, and on Showtime 2 on Monday, 7:00pm.

#9 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34269 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hey, it's on right now, started 10 minutes ago on Showtime West.

#10 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 74055 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 16 December 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Is there a non pay option it can be seen on?

#11 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1971 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 16 December 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

It is “On Demand” on Showtime also. I tried watching it again. Couldn’t make it through. To depressing.

#12 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46313 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M., Bill Berry, Mike Mills, Michael Stipe, Peter Buck ,Hanging out with my best friends Heather Sylv and Jas, Drawing and drumming, thinking about life, photography, listening to music, writing.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

I am never ever gonna watch it bc it seems too sad

#13 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7197 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 17 December 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

I am never ever gonna watch it bc it seems too sad

It is sad, but it's also cool in that it celebrates the band and what a special relationship they have with their fans, their employees, and with their body of work after 40 + years. Not a happy ending, though, since we know how it worked out in real life . . .

Edited by blueschica, 17 December 2017 - 12:47 AM.

#14 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 oghond2112

oghond2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

My family and I almost went to R40 in Philly, but it was too expensive. Now I wish we could have gone, knowing that it would be the end of 40 years and that I would almost certainly never see RUSH in concert again... :(

I really want to meet RUSH now... Geddy Lee is a gentleman... :( :( ❤️

Edited by oghond2112, 18 December 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#16 oghond2112

oghond2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 18 December 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

My family and I almost went to R40 in Philly, but it was too expensive. Now I wish we could have gone, knowing that it would be the end of 40 years and that I would almost certainly never see RUSH in concert again... :(

I really want to meet RUSH now... Geddy Lee is a gentleman... :( :( ❤️

Probably the only way that will ever happen is if FI2112 (Freewill in 2112, my RUSH-based musical) ends up becoming a thing, but that will probably never happen... and if it does, Geddy, Alex, and Neil will probably all be dead... and I'll have no way to get in contact with them when I'm old enough to have my own house and what not... meaning I'll never be able to speak to Neil and pay him his royalties and get all the rights to his lyrics... :(

#17 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1971 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:08 AM

Well...I finally made it through the entire film for the first time since opening night at the theater. The whole family is home for Christmas and in bed so the house was quite. I just installed a new 75” Sony TV and a new Apple TV 4K and got a free 4 month trial of Directv Now including Showtime. I was looking around and ran across “Time Stand Still” and thought I’d watch a little. I ended up watching the whole thing and sitting here sobbing while “The Garden” played during the credits. Remembering that tour and my road trip to Toronto, Montreal, and LeStudio with my daughter, and watching all the people on the video that “understand”, was just to much. Everything about that trip was perfect including the timing of my work, my finances, and Sam’s schedule. After walking around downtown Toronto, it was also the first time I noticed I had hip problems which ended up being the beginning of my adventure with progressive MS. After attending about 25 shows with her, I just feel so lucky I had experienced that almost lifelong bucket list trip with Sam. Seeing my last Rush show in Montreal on Father’s Day with her was just so perfect. Like it all was supposed to be like that. I’m grateful for the experience especially since doing it now would be next to impossible.

#18 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7197 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostMr. JD, on 24 December 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

Well...I finally made it through the entire film for the first time since opening night at the theater. The whole family is home for Christmas and in bed so the house was quite. I just installed a new 75” Sony TV and a new Apple TV 4K and got a free 4 month trial of Directv Now including Showtime. I was looking around and ran across “Time Stand Still” and thought I’d watch a little. I ended up watching the whole thing and sitting here sobbing while “The Garden” played during the credits. Remembering that tour and my road trip to Toronto, Montreal, and LeStudio with my daughter, and watching all the people on the video that “understand”, was just to much. Everything about that trip was perfect including the timing of my work, my finances, and Sam’s schedule. After walking around downtown Toronto, it was also the first time I noticed I had hip problems which ended up being the beginning of my adventure with progressive MS. After attending about 25 shows with her, I just feel so lucky I had experienced that almost lifelong bucket list trip with Sam. Seeing my last Rush show in Montreal on Father’s Day with her was just so perfect. Like it all was supposed to be like that. I’m grateful for the experience especially since doing it now would be next to impossible.

:hug2:   I'm glad you and Sam will have those memories forever!  As I recall, your photos of Le Studio were really beautiful.

#19 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46313 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

I feel like seeing this movie but I also feel like not.

I don't even Hope that Rush comes back together, I have moved on to The Cure :heart:

#20 Motorshooter

Motorshooter

The Seeker

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:-Yes I have interests

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

Great doc on their last "BIG" tour.
Since 1976 I have been a big Rush fan :) It's a bit sad to know that they won't be hitting the road for tours.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Time Stand Still, R40, The Movie Channel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users