Who in this forum wears rock and metal t-shirts regularly?

treeduck

How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?

• 1-10
    • 11-20
    • None, I don't wear them I'm too mature for all that.
    • None I'm too stylish for stupid band t-shirts
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • more than 50
    • more than 100
  2. 2. Which band do you have the most t-shirts of?

• RUSH
    • BlackSabbath
    • Judas Priest
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Dio
    • Queen
    • Iron Maiden
    • Nightwish
    • KISS
    • Blue Oyster Cult
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Jethro Tull
    • YES
    • Kansas
    • Symphony X
    • Mastodon
    • Opeth
    • Overkill
    • Thin Lizzy
    • Deep Purple
    • Led Zep
    • Nirvana
    • Soundgarden
    • Alice in Chains
    • Pearl Jam
    • Winger
    • Metallica
    • Megadeth
    • UFO
    • Whitesnake
    • Van Halen
    • ELO
    • The Beatles
    • AC/DC
    • Queensryche
    • Dream Theater
    • Rainbow
    • Voivod
    • Testament
    • NONE
  3. 3. How many of these bands do you own t-shirts of?

At the moment I'm wearing a Nameless Ghouls shirt and I wear band shirts almost every day. :haz:

Rush - more than 50

PT - 5 or 6

Sir Paul - 5 or 6

The Who - 3

Rory Gallagher - 1

Page/Plant - 2

Kingston Wall - 1

Ghost - 2

Psychotic Waltz - 1

Pink Floyd - 2

The Beatles - 2

UFO - 1

Jimi Hendrix - 1

Marillion - 3

Bodycount - 1

These are the ones that I can recall on top of my head, but I'm sure I have some more.

• Like 3

I wear my concert shirts around until they start to fade, then retire them to special occasions. If it's just a band shirt, I'll wear it until it rots

I have a KISS Animalize tour shirt from 1984, size medium and it still fits! It's raggedy as f**k but that just makes it look cooler! I have a Dokken one from 1986 as well which is in better condition. My t-shirts are older than you! You don't even have the lifespan of a t-shirt!

• Like 1

I sometimes ware band shirts out in public but not like I did when I was younger. Back in high school I had a band shirt for every day of the week. I wouldn't be surprised if the kids in my classes took bets on what shirt I wore each day because I always wore them back then.

I was like that in high school myself...in fact I recall in my homeroom class the teacher asked each kid to name a random fact about them and I alluded to my ever growing collection of band tees. And yes, my contemporaries back then would predicting which band I'd be wearing each day too.

I know for sure that the actual band tee count is way higher than it is now cause through the years I've had plenty, most of which I ended up "retiring" or got rid of/discarded due to being worn out or too ripped to the point of no return. My current collection stands somewhere in the 40s, maybe even approaching 50s but these days it's mostly of bands I think hardly anyone in the TRF majority knows of.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

I sometimes ware band shirts out in public but not like I did when I was younger. Back in high school I had a band shirt for every day of the week. I wouldn't be surprised if the kids in my classes took bets on what shirt I wore each day because I always wore them back then.

I was like that in high school myself...in fact I recall in my homeroom class the teacher asked each kid to name a random fact about them and I alluded to my ever growing collection of band tees.

I know for sure my the actual count is way higher than it is now cause through the years I've had some, some I ended up "retiring" or got rid of/discarded due to being worn out or too ripped to the point of no return. My current collection stands somewhere in the 40s, maybe even approaching 50s but these days it's mostly of bands I think hardly anyone in the TRF majority knows of.

I know them from your albums you've listened to...

I was like that in high school myself...in fact I recall in my homeroom class the teacher asked each kid to name a random fact about them and I alluded to my ever growing collection of band tees.

I know for sure my the actual count is way higher than it is now cause through the years I've had some, some I ended up "retiring" or got rid of/discarded due to being worn out or too ripped to the point of no return. My current collection stands somewhere in the 40s, maybe even approaching 50s but these days it's mostly of bands I think hardly anyone in the TRF majority knows of.

Sure...but again, quite esoteric in this place I'd think. That said, my favorite band tee of those bands in question is this one:

unnamed-7_grande.jpg?v=1443455689

• Like 1

Sure...but again, quite esoteric in this place I'd think. That said, my favorite band tee of those bands in question is this one:

I like the colours.

• Like 1

I like the colours.

The colors are nice, yeah. The "statement" printed on it though I think is the major selling point and the main reason why I own one (and the fact I don't have many white/colored band tees). The album of the same name I think is what said statement would sound like in the form of music, actually.

• Like 1

I tried to get one just now - five minutes ago I entered the venue where Opeth is playing in 01 hour...but amazingly, ALL merchandise is sold out. I've never seen that happen at a concert. At least not so fast.
  • Like 2

I tried to get one just now - five minutes ago I entered the venue where Opeth is playing in 01 hour...but amazingly, ALL merchandise is sold out. I've never seen that happen at a concert. At least not so fast.

When I saw Opeth on their 25th Anniversary Tour two years ago, everything had sold out by the intermission. Luckily I snagged a tee before the show. Similar case when I saw Porcupine Tree's final American show too.

• Like 1

I like the colours.

Yeah and I like that floor. Looks just like my living room. :AlienSmiley: :smoke:

• Like 1

Tour shirts were my uniform in high school. I still buy them but don't wear them that much. Back then it was the easiest way to find people into the same music you were. Started my first band by talking to guys in the hall with cool shirts.
  • Like 2

I'd complain!

Have fun Rod, enjoy the show and stop staring at your fukkin' phone! :haz:

• Like 1

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

I only occasionally wear one of the Pink Floyd ones because it's really comfortable. The others almost never get worn.

You're too busy with Marvel ones!

Exactly. I just organized my drawer of those yesterday. You surely have more than me now though

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

I only occasionally wear one of the Pink Floyd ones because it's really comfortable. The others almost never get worn.

Exactly. I just organized my drawer of those yesterday. You surely have more than me now though

I doubt it, I've got quite a few though and everything is totally disorganised at the moment.

I rarely wear any, but I have an r30 baseball jersey and a bootleg VT-starman shirt. My 21yo daughter wears my Presto-Rocking Constructionists shirt, and the Lad (11yo) wears my black Presto shirt and Doors Alive She Cried shirts.

Over the years, while teaching HS, I gave various hall-dwellers (kids that avoid the cafeteria & eat lunch "in the high school halls") my original RUSH Signals raglan, DEVO Oh No!, & B52s WHAMMY! shirts...plus my coolest vinyl lps - Sex Pistols, Violent Femmes, Dead Kennedys...

For an angst-ridden teen, a hand-me-down rock shirt can be a treasured affirmation that there's light at the end of the public school tunnel.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Just 6.

4 Rush, 2 Pink Floyd.

I doubt it, I've got quite a few though and everything is totally disorganised at the moment.

16 Marvel, 5 DC