TRF TRULY ranks Moving Pictures' tracks

JohnnyBlaze

Yeah yeah yeah we've ranked Moving Pictures' songs before I'm sure but I don't think we've gotten a TRF ranking.

[Note: This thread is being done as per g under p's request.]

Rules:

1) Rank the 7 tracks off Moving Pictures

2) No ties.

3) No ties.

At 10am this Sunday MY time (30 minutes shy of exactly 3 days from now) the rankings will end. Then, I'll combine the scores and get the average for all 7 songs. In case of a tie, I'll note it. So, the more replies with rankings, the better.

Be patient. On Sunday (most of you guys' Saturday night) we'll know the TRUE TRF rankings of Moving Pictures' tunes.

Here are mine:

1) Limelight

2) Red Barchetta

3) Tom Sawyer

4) YYZ

5) The Camera Eye

6) Witch Hunt

7) Vital Signs

So go for it. Let's see your rankings. :blaze:

• Like 3

Yeah yeah yeah we've ranked Moving Pictures' songs before I'm sure but I don't think we've gotten a TRF ranking.

[Note: This thread is being done as per g under p's request.]

Rules:

1) Rank the 7 tracks off Moving Pictures

2) No ties.

3) No ties.

At 10am this Sunday MY time (30 minutes shy of exactly 3 days from now) the rankings will end. Then, I'll combine the scores and get the average for all 7 songs. In case of a tie, I'll note it. So, the more replies with rankings, the better.

Be patient. On Sunday (most of you guys' Saturday night) we'll know the TRUE TRF rankings of Moving Pictures' tunes.

Here are mine:

1) Limelight

2) Red Barchetta

3) Tom Sawyer

4) YYZ

5) The Camera Eye

6) Witch Hunt

7) Vital Signs

So go for it. Let's see your rankings. :blaze:

1 Tom Sawyer

2 YYZ

3 Red Barchetta

4 Limelight

5 Witch Hunt

6 The Camera Eye

7 Vital Signs

Thank you JB, now mind you tonight I'm having my first alcoholic beverage since the first week of April.

1. The Camera Eye

2. Tom Sawyer

3. Limelight

4. Witch Hunt

5. Red Barchetta

5. YYZ

6. Vital Signs

• Like 2

Good thread, Johnny. :)

Yes I'm already liking this much better. I'm going to put some effort and thought into this. Upside is quality time with Moving Pictures.

• Like 1

I am surprised at the lack of love for Vital Signs

I realize what it is going up against, but still, it is such a great song

Not by me brother, love that track and considered ranking higher

• Like 1

Thank you JB, now mind you tonight I'm having my first alcoholic beverage since the first week of April.

Exercise program or doctor's orders.

Lol, none of the above......I'm not a drinker I needed to buy something and I only had 50's and 100's. I knew I wasn't going to be able to break them so I bought a 12 pack of Becks they were on sale.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Red Barchetta isn't that popular with a lot of you.

You could be misreading the info. Just because it's not in the top 3 spot for some doesn't mean they don't think it's awesome. In my case, Vital Signs is #7 but that tune is awesome. And I listed YYZ at #4 but that could've easily been #1...but I made a final choice because there are no such things as wussy ties or comments like "Oh it's too hard to choose, it's a 7 way tie" in this thread. :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Lol, none of the above......I'm not a drinker I needed to buy something and I only had 50's and 100's. I knew I wasn't going to be able to break them so I bought a 12 pack of Becks they were on sale.

My thread makes TRFers drink! That's what kind of force it is! :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Red Barchetta isn't that popular with a lot of you.

You could be misreading the info. Just because it's not in the top 3 spot for some doesn't mean they don't think it's awesome. In my case, Vital Signs is #7 but that tune is awesome. And I listed YYZ at #4 but that could've easily been #1...but I made a final choice because there are no such things as wussy ties or comments like "Oh it's too hard to choose, it's a 7 way tie" in this thread. :LOL:

Yeah but a couple of people have it ranked dead last, there's no way Vital Signs has ever been better than Red Barchetta to my ears over the full 35 years.

• Like 2

My thread makes TRFers drink! That's what kind of force it is! :LOL:

Lol that's funny. I saw this thread before I went out and I had no intention of buying beer but somewhere along my drive something hit me that I needed to buy it's the only thing I dont have in the fridge.

Vital Signs is a great song and I love it but to me it's pushed aside maybe because it comes so late in the album and more power songs come before it. If it was in the top three of the album listing the voting might be different. Whoa the beer is taking affect.

• Like 1

1. Limelight

2. Red Barchetta

3. YYZ

4. The Camera Eye

5. Tom Sawyer

6. Vital Signs

7. Witch Hunt

Thanks for taking this on, JB! It should be interesting!

• Like 1

1 The Camera Eye

2 Limelight

3 YYZ

4 Red Barchetta

5 Tom Sawyer

6 Witch Hunt

7 Vital Signs

• Like 1

This was a great idea JB. Moving Pictures is no Clockwork Angels, but it has its moments:

1)Red Barchetta

2)Witch Hunt

3)TCE

4)Limelight

5)Tom Sawyer

6)YYZ

7)Vital Signs

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: Oops, sorry JB, didn't mean for TM's result to go in twice; he is just so funny!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1