Listen to the album posted below you

Union 5-3992

For Digital Dad:

Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond

(I do believe it's self-titled, if it's not though then it's whatever their very first album is)

• Like 1

Moving on, though, I posted this for Digital Dad.

Charles Mingus- Let My Children Hear Music

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TKd_f2QBpvQ

So I'm waiting for an assignment, over here... :huh:

A Mingus I haven't heard. Ill get to it tonight.

Incredible. I like his improv-y stuff a lot more like his group with Eric Dolphy and the eclectic and exuberant group with Adams and Pullen, but this is pretty great too. Reminds me of "The Clown" in some parts.

Love his titles too.

:fistbump:

According to the review at allmusic, Mingus cited this as his personal favourite album that he ever made.

I listened to it a couple of days ago, for the first time in 20+ years. It is a latter-career masterpiece for him, in my opinion. I'm glad you dig it!

Edited by Blue J

David Gilmour - David Gilmour

Surprising, and interesting, as I expected it to be pretty much an extension of the Floyd sound. This contained some commercial-like curveballs, though. But that's not a negative. Interesting stuff.

Gamma Ray-No World Order

Anyone going to listen?

Looks like it was an assignment for Digital Dad, since he was the last post an assignment for someone else before your post. But I think the rules stipulate that there has to be a link to the album included.

Posting frequently on this thread ensures multiple different assignments, it would seem.

Big Star- #1 Record

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nnBKL01gD8A

Gamma Ray-No World Order

Anyone going to listen?

You posted below digital dad, so he's the one who has to listen to it.

oh. Link to album:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=N1gpVpd_Oa4

I thinking quoting the person when you assign them is a good idea. I'll give your album a listen...

Why don't you try X - More Fun in the New World...

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds — Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds :LOL:

I'm not an Oasis fan, but I absolutely love his solo stuff, Chasing Yesterday is such a wonderful album!
  • Like 2

so I have to listen to that Big Star album then, right?

I thought that was for me...I was the last one to post an assignment before that post, and though I neglected to include a link, the assignee (Digital Dad) accepted the assignment. Help?

• Like 1

OK... I listened to Gamma Ray's No World Order. I love the opening around the theme of "Illuminati". :LOL: That's become a huge meme that my son references all the time, so that made me smile. As the album went on, it was fun for me to hear the influences of my favorite metal bands from back in the day. As Dethrone Tyranny kicks in, the music is very Maiden-esque...with the theatrics of classic Meatloaf. So...is this known as "Conspiracy Metal"? The Heart of the Unicorn...there's a some Queensryche vibe here. Heaven or Hell...more up-tempo rockin' metal. Closest to JudasPriest on this one, until the solo, then it's pure Maiden. New World Order...pretty kick-ass riff to get things started. Solid is...errr...solid in a similar way. Fire Below...more Priest-like riffing gets my approval. Reminds me of Screaming for Vengeance. Follow Me...hmmm...melodic...operatic elements...back to shades of Iron Maiden. And the album finishes with a surprise...an acoustic opening, and into classic metal power-ballad elements. Get your lighters out, people!!!! Lake of Tears is a very nice closer!

Very clean playing on this album...just really well constructed and executed. :clap:

• Like 1

Gamma Ray-No World Order

Anyone going to listen?

You posted below digital dad, so he's the one who has to listen to it.

I thought I was down for Captain Beyond. Entre should be down for MC900 Ft Jesus.

I will go find that then. Ty.

I thinking quoting the person when you assign them is a good idea. I'll give your album a listen...

I think your the last person to recommend so I'll give you Otta by Solstafir :)

Sólstafir - Ótta (2014) - Full Album:

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUsA76rGzYk

Way to knock that rec right out of the freaking park, dude!

*still working on my album. I've been busy with work and haven't had time to listen to many albums*

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

Right on... I am on the road so it won't be till late Sunday, at the earliest.
  • Like 1

I've finished Blizzard of Ozz. It was good although probably not something I'd exactly choose to listen to. I enjoyed Revelation especially though :) .

Sorry I don't know who to quote or respond to.

Me, I made the last rec.

I meant who made the recommendation for me :) .

But I'll recommend Blue God by The Mighty Bard to you :)

That turned out to be a great record, a real nice mix of progressive elements and soulful bluesy solos. Felt really a lot like Gilmour in some spots but with prog wankery keys behind it (not that that's a bad thing)

Also LittleRushmonkey, I choose Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine: Biomech