Listen to the album posted below you

Union 5-3992

Listened to The Joy Of Motion by Animals As Leaders. Well, my first response is my mind probably would've been blown if I'd not yet been introduced to Dream Theatre (don't have much other experience with that sounscape, guitar tone, heaviness, etc.). While I did enjoy it, and while the artist is obviously extremely talented, I wasn't a big fan of the seeming strategy of blowing away and dizzying listeners with heaviness, difficult rhythms, complex passages, technical profficiency, and a lack of memorable hooks. It was just kind of a long relentless blaze of heavy techno metal stuff (forgive me for not knowing the precise sub-genre). It would make great video game backing music, but I wouldn't compare anything I just heard to the likes of YYZ or La Villa. Cool experience though, ty for the rec!

Now for goose: Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Getaway

https://open.spotify...Y0bgaq5fB3GrZj6

EP I'll recommend you another since no-one else has yet :) .

Riverside - Love, Fear & the Time Machine

• Like 1

Now for goose: Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Getaway

I am loving this so far! The first two tracks are super solid and track #3, We Turn Red, is an absolute monster. New music that doesn't suck... Who knew this was still possible? :LOL:

A while back, a Venezuelan band called Los Amigos Invisibles put out the album Arepa 3000: A Venezuelan Journey Into Space. The music reminds me a lot of that album.

I duppose a lot of fans will complai. The the Peppers have lost their balls, but what do you expect after 30 years? Another True Men Don't Kill Coyotes? The music is mature and sophisticated, loaded with hooks, great melodic moments and catchy, clever lyrics. And the production is fantastic. I really dig it!

ETA: "Detroit" is another beast of a song. :haz:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

For Digital Dad:

Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond

(I do believe it's self-titled, if it's not though then it's whatever their very first album is)

Interesting, I could see it sinking in more on repeated listening. It reminds me of so much music from this time period that straddles the thin line between heavy rock, prog and psych. Reminds me of Atomic Rooster in some spots, Baker Gurwitz Army and Wishbone Ash.

I listened and dug it. The recommendation then set me off to listen to albums by Weed, Coven, Gun... I dig this thread for that reason.

In a similar vein, anyone want to take this on...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErN5k_EMnLg

I made the last rec so I'll give this a listen tomorrow man. I heard some Atomic Rooster a few years ago and liked it so I'm looking forward to it!

I lied, but i listened to it today. It was a fun little listen. You could definitely tell Palmer was about to go on to do even better things.