Thinking of leaving the forum

Permanent-Rush

74, why are you making this such a big thing ? ... Excessive posting to "posting a decision about leaving" - TOO MUCH DRAMA

You're going from one extreme to another

Union had great advice about having the forum as almost a reward, after you do what needs to be done ..

I loved the fact that you started here by posting vid of yourself playing the drums .. PLAY THEM MORE

Schoolwork and learning is the priority now .. but there is room for everything - and don't forget about growing as a drummer - YOU CAN DO IT

Just don't overwhelm yourself ...

And don't let life overwhelm you - remember, you are in control

Yep,

That's exactly right. I grew up in a a really mean environment. I hated school, my parents. You name it, life sucked. But I had a few close friends that really helped me out through it all. Take it from me, buckle down and concentrate on school and maybe some type of job during your free time. Your phone and the forum will be around. Show the world what you are made of!! :cool:

• Like 4

I found the 1st step of weaning off boards/ social media is to delete off cell phone.

I am forced to be on my PC, which I am often, but if I am away,

I literally am disconnected from the world of Facebook, Twitter, TRF, etc....

• Like 4

Look to Cygnus for the right balance between school and TRF.

Strangely enough, I discovered TRF because I needed something to do instead of listening in class, which I wouldn't recommend, but I still didn't let my grades suffer at the expense of discussing my favorite band.

• Like 1

In terms of taking finals, this site (https://rogerhub.com/final-grade-calculator/) will let you calculate what percent you need on your final in order to get a certain grade in a class. I essentially use it to calculate how much effort I need to put into studying for each class and divide study time based on that metric.
  • Like 1

It is the reason my grades are f***ed up and I can not take it anymore. I might have to stay behind in 9th grade because of this Fourm and I am not letting that happen.

Sorry I'm going to come off sounding like a prick but the problem is not the forum. It is a sense of control and not having your priorities right. If you have some kind of addiction problem by all means seek out some therapy. Otherwise put the "phone" down and get your work done.

The TRF will be here after your homework is done.

There is definitely some great advice here. But I chose this post to quote above all the others because I'm familiar with addictions- of trading one addiction for another, and so forth. And you're young enough that this may be the first time you've ever noticed something like this affecting you negatively. It could be that you've just found an outlet that you really enjoy, and you've encountered some people who you get along with and you enjoy talking to. And those are all good things, for sure.

But since you recognize that it's causing problems, then something does need to be done about that- and like Lucas and Johnny Blaze both said, you are in control.

I'm here every day, pretty much. But there are some days I post a lot (which for me is 30 or 40 posts), and there are some days that I hardly do at all. And I avoid chat, but that's just because I was in there one time with three or four other people, and I didn't feel like my brain and my fingers worked fast enough to keep up with it, and I didn't enjoy it. But anyway, the point is that you don't have to set goals for yourself in terms of posting here. That won't earn you anything in terms of moving your life along. Set those goals instead on improving your school work. This is a really critical time in your life for taking care of that. Like JohnRogers said, the forum will still be here, whenever you visit.

I wish you good fortune!

• Like 6

I have had 2 finals already and I failed both of them with Eather a D or F.

getting a D is failing now?

at my school yes.

That sucks. Getting a D used to be the saving grace for the dumb kids.

Yeah, you were a moron for getting it but at least you passed :7up:

• Like 1

I am not leaving!

Remember to study first!

No thanks. I do not study.

Then don't be surprised when you're held back next year. You're only hurting yourself by not even making an attempt to study for your finals.

• Like 2