No Tipton no KK

No dice.

They were put in bad spots with both departures. I'll let them slide here. At least it's not as bad as Iommi continuing on with Sabbath and releasing an album like Seventh Star under the Black Sabbath name or anything.

I totally agree and understand. I'm sure my buddy will punch my lights out if I sell.

I do love Faulkner though.

Andy will do fine. I'm just not looking forward to it. I would rather watch him jam in HELL.

:huh:

I was so gun ho on this album Pat! I was so excited! I couldn't stop thinking about it's release. I listened to the first two tracks over and over and loved them!!!!

There are some amazing moments on the new record. Sadly it does have some filler on it.

Again, I need more time.

I was so gun ho on this album Pat! I was so excited! I couldn't stop thinking about it's release. I listened to the first two tracks over and over and loved them!!!!

There are some amazing moments on the new record. Sadly it does have some filler on it.

Again, I need more time.

For me it's got no filler at all Earl, It's a Pearl!

• Like 1

I'm old enough to have seen the Defenders tour. They played 8 of the 9 tracks that are on that album (and the audience loved it, but it WAS less of an a.d.d. time than today). All other tours that I remember, it was a minimum of 4 new songs.

They've put 2 years (or so it feels) into making Firepower and it's getting rave reviews. Most all the tunes have the kind of chugging groove that should sound great live and likely be well received. I think they'll play a *minimum* of 6 (off FP).

Probably few deep cuts this time. Heavy on Firepower, some Reedemer and then mostly the predictable staples. Hope they at least do "Jawbreaker" again. Bringing that back was long overdue!

• Like 2

Again, I need more time.

For me it's got no filler at all Earl, It's a Pearl!

HAHAHA! I think FIREPOWER is a Pearl too buddy! A "BLACK PEARL!"

Love,

PAT TRAVERS!

I'm Earl The Pearl Monroe! LOL!

• Like 1

I'm old enough to have seen the Defenders tour. They played 8 of the 9 tracks that are on that album (and the audience loved it, but it WAS less of an a.d.d. time than today). All other tours that I remember, it was a minimum of 4 new songs.

They've put 2 years (or so it feels) into making Firepower and it's getting rave reviews. Most all the tunes have the kind of chugging groove that should sound great live and likely be well received. I think they'll play a *minimum* of 6 (off FP).

Probably few deep cuts this time. Heavy on Firepower, some Reedemer and then mostly the predictable staples. Hope they at least do "Jawbreaker" again. Bringing that back was long overdue!

Amazing Mike! I too could have seen the "Defenders" Tour but I couldn't! Love that record!!! Priest's last great record until PAINKILLER!

I've seen every Priest Tour since "Turbo" which truly isn't that impressive to me. Pisses me off I missed the early shite.

Oh well!

The "Painkiller" Tour rocked my mind! Then I remember seeing a side tour off of OZZFEST in Marysville. Lame ass SLAYER opened for Priest .

But my GOD. That was the best I ever saw Priest. They played THE RIPPER which ripped open my human soul and poured eternal life blood into my pulsating heart! EPIC!

Lame ass SLAYER

Uhhhhmmmm....

yep. :16ton:

Lame ass SLAYER

Uhhhhmmmm....

HAHA!

I tried to like "Reign In Blood." Yuck.

I know some people on here love this band.

As I do respect the energy and musicianship I can't stand them.

Horrible band.

• Like 2

Lame ass SLAYER

Uhhhhmmmm....

HAHA!

Horrible band.

I've gotten comfortable enough with them to enjoy Reign, South, and Seasons for what they are, but none of them hold a candle to most of the other metal I listen to. Among The Living > Master Of Puppets > Peace Sells... But Who's Buying >>>>>>Reign In Blood.

• Like 1

Lame ass SLAYER

Uhhhhmmmm....

HAHA!

Horrible band.

I've gotten comfortable enough with them to enjoy Reign, South, and Seasons for what they are, but none of them hold a candle to most of the other metal I listen to. Among The Living > Master Of Puppets > Peace Sells... But Who's Buying >>>>>>Reign In Blood.

Absolutely my young friend! You have excellent EARS OF METAL! LOL!

• Like 1

Just because everyone on this forum hates TURBONEGRO I might just get a tattoo!

SCANDINAVIAN LEATHER!

I hadn't heard of them before to be honest Earl. They must have passed me by...

I can't believe that Turbonegro passed you by!

This band is amazing. Sadly no one on The Rush Forum cares either.

I think you would dig them Pat.

They are finally coming here to the States after I missed them years ago. I'm so excited. Although the new singer is nothing like the last one.

Alas, they kick melodic rock punk ass!

• Like 1

Once again Earl ruined the conversation and stunted the conversation about something the group was enjoying because the spotlight wasn't solely on him.

"I AM HERE TO BRING THE FUN"

Yet we were quite animated without being told what shit music you prefer over Firepower.

I won't lie its not shut, Saxon are great and I've heard Turbonegro and I like them.

But seriously...why do we always have to have Earl front and centre?

I was loving the enthusiasm for a new album!

And I want to see more of TREEDUCKs mighty, mighty Judas Priest collection!

• Like 2

I am in awe that this band can still bring the goods this late in the game! This album is, imo, not to the level of Painkiller. But it's damn enjoyable to listen to...
  • Like 1

Once again Earl ruined the conversation and stunted the conversation about something the group was enjoying because the spotlight wasn't solely on him.

"I AM HERE TO BRING THE FUN"

Yet we were quite animated without being told what shit music you prefer over Firepower.

I won't lie its not shut, Saxon are great and I've heard Turbonegro and I like them.

But seriously...why do we always have to have Earl front and centre?

I was loving the enthusiasm for a new album!

And I want to see more of TREEDUCKs mighty, mighty Judas Priest collection!

idk what time it is where you live, but generally I find Earl only goes on posting sprees pretty late at night, and most often when almost no one else is on the board. It's not like he interrupts live conversations as they're happening. Also, I'm thrilled by all of the Judas Priest love on here too, but I find Earl's posts very entertaining and honest, and it is nice to hear a divergent opinion when everyone seems to agree, even if it's one I hope not to agree with. Besides, it's not like we can't keep talking about how awesome everyone thinks Firepower is. The posts are still there to be quoted and referenced and such. If you don't like what Earl has to say or how he says it, just ignore him. That goes for anyone really.

• Like 1

This is going to be sacrilege to some, I'm sure, but Lone Wolf reminds me of something from Metallica's Load era with Rob on vocals. It's got that groovy, downtuned guitar and a bit of a simple, yet sinister riff. I love it.

yeah its a cool tune but something I'm sure Faulkner came up with.

I'm glad I definitely pick out some Glenn leads in the album. He must have recorded them on a good day.

Though I baled on Priest when I heard Breaking The Law. I still listen to the classic 70s albums.

Would you be annoyed if I told you Sad Wings Of Destiny is a 10?

Lol

And Breaking The Law is shit.