skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

is that Glenn's replacement on the left?

Yeah, Andy Sneap, he's mostly a producer these days and he looks like one!

This is what he used to look like:

243970818_e506633a64_z.jpg?zz=1

2708455690_e7a6af9294_b.jpg

Andy better grow his hair back for this fuckking tour mate.

He might do a Kojak!

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

I will take a hot Wolf Hoffman look any day!! ACCEPT RULES!!!

• Like 1

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

Have you had a listen to Nostradamus lately Earl??

• Like 1

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

I'm a bad boy Pat. I have to dig it up somewhere. I can't get it on iTunes!

• Like 1

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

It's a heavy metal smorgasbord! AND it's a PROG banquet! It's got an epic storyline, epic themes. heavy riffs, crazy guitar solos and Don Airey on keyboard! And Halford owns the show on vocals!

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

It's a heavy metal smorgasbord! AND it's a PROG banquet! It's got an epic storyline, epic themes. heavy riffs, crazy guitar solos and Don Airey on keyboard! And Halford owns the show on vocals!

I want to hear it now!

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

I want to hear it now!

No you don't. One of the very few times Priest misfired. Proggy double concept albums aren't their thing. Most of it just plods along.

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

I want to hear it now!

No you don't. One of the very few times Priest misfired. Proggy double concept albums aren't their thing. Most of it just plods along.

I got three tracks in and it got really irritating.

Chose to try Symphony X instead!

skDxnfm.jpg

jJdT4LK.jpg

He might do a Kojak!

I want to hear it now!

I don't agree with that. That's not how I hear it, fortunately for me. :hail:

Rob has really found a new and proper way of using his voice as it is today, and No Surrender is a great example of that. He rarely explores the high register these days, but sounds really badass. I love his raspy singing. And Richie's right, the melody of No Surrender will stay in your head forever!!!
  • Like 1

K.K. DOWNING Is 'Shocked And Stunned' He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin JUDAS PRIEST

Former JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing says that he was "shocked and stunned" that he wasn't approached to rejoin the band following Glenn Tipton's decision to retire from the road.

Tipton, who is now 70 and has performed on every PRIEST album since the group's 1974's debut set, "Rocka Rolla", is not quitting the outfit, but simply cannot handle to rigorous challenges of performing live. Joining PRIEST for its upcoming dates will be the band's co-producer and HELL/ex-SABBAT guitarist Andy Sneap.

In a statement released Tuesday morning (February 27), Downing said that he now knows "more clearly than ever" that he did the right thing by leaving the band when he did because he believes that his contributions to PRIEST's legacy are "unappreciated by more than one member."

K.K. said: "The news that Glenn has finally been forced to come to terms with his unfortunate condition long term came with deep regret and sadness for me. Equally, this ending of our guitar duo era is also something that I have to come to terms with. The insatiable appetite that myself and Glenn had for creating inspired and unique music for the world to enjoy for many decades, is something that can never be erased. However, everyone who has witnessed the evolution of our beloved music must come to terms with the fact that things will inevitably change, or just simply end.

"I have to state with great sadness also that I am shocked and stunned that I wasn't approached to step into my original role as guitarist for JUDAS PRIEST. Whether I could have stepped back into the band or not, the potential for this situation arising never entered my head when I departed — although I too am officially and legally still a member of JUDAS PRIEST. However, I know now more clearly than ever that I did the right thing by leaving the band when I did — as it seems that my time spent in the band, and my value in terms of crafting its huge legacy, was and is unappreciated by more than one member. I sincerely hope, for the fans' sake, that the decision not to approach me was not a financial one.

"I know Andy Sneap — and he is one of the greatest contributors to rock and metal that you will ever have the privilege to meet. To that end, I have no doubt that his contribution to the new JUDAS PRIEST album was much more than just as a producer. All that's left is for you the fans to go out and enjoy the band as it is, in order to complete a part of music history in which every one of you has played such an important role."

Downing announced his retirement from PRIEST in April 2011. He has since been replaced by Richie Faulkner, who was once the guitarist in the backing group for Lauren Harris, daughter of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris.

During a 2015 interview with Guitar International, Downing elaborated on his reasons for leaving PRIEST. He said: "I had lots and lots of reasons for not continuing, as I wasn't content with things as they were. I wasn't happy with the band's live performance. I thought it could have been better; not that the fans would notice. To me, PRIEST was always a stealth machine and that's what I liked about it. Even though you get older, you still need to be able to deliver the goods. People came a long way and paid a lot of money to see us, so you've got to make sure you still give 110 percent. I thought that should be inherent and what it should always be."

K.K. also said that he didn't think his return to PRIEST would "ever, ever happen." He explained: "Obviously I'm quite happy for Richie Faulkner to be in the band. But I really wasn't expecting to have someone who had so many familiarities as me, the looks and everything. At a glance, nothing too much has changed for the fans."

• Like 1

Former JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing says that he was "shocked and stunned" that he wasn't approached to rejoin the band following Glenn Tipton's decision to retire from the road.

Tipton, who is now 70 and has performed on every PRIEST album since the group's 1974's debut set, "Rocka Rolla", is not quitting the outfit, but simply cannot handle to rigorous challenges of performing live. Joining PRIEST for its upcoming dates will be the band's co-producer and HELL/ex-SABBAT guitarist Andy Sneap.

In a statement released Tuesday morning (February 27), Downing said that he now knows "more clearly than ever" that he did the right thing by leaving the band when he did because he believes that his contributions to PRIEST's legacy are "unappreciated by more than one member."

K.K. said: "The news that Glenn has finally been forced to come to terms with his unfortunate condition long term came with deep regret and sadness for me. Equally, this ending of our guitar duo era is also something that I have to come to terms with. The insatiable appetite that myself and Glenn had for creating inspired and unique music for the world to enjoy for many decades, is something that can never be erased. However, everyone who has witnessed the evolution of our beloved music must come to terms with the fact that things will inevitably change, or just simply end.

"I have to state with great sadness also that I am shocked and stunned that I wasn't approached to step into my original role as guitarist for JUDAS PRIEST. Whether I could have stepped back into the band or not, the potential for this situation arising never entered my head when I departed — although I too am officially and legally still a member of JUDAS PRIEST. However, I know now more clearly than ever that I did the right thing by leaving the band when I did — as it seems that my time spent in the band, and my value in terms of crafting its huge legacy, was and is unappreciated by more than one member. I sincerely hope, for the fans' sake, that the decision not to approach me was not a financial one.

"I know Andy Sneap — and he is one of the greatest contributors to rock and metal that you will ever have the privilege to meet. To that end, I have no doubt that his contribution to the new JUDAS PRIEST album was much more than just as a producer. All that's left is for you the fans to go out and enjoy the band as it is, in order to complete a part of music history in which every one of you has played such an important role."

Downing announced his retirement from PRIEST in April 2011. He has since been replaced by Richie Faulkner, who was once the guitarist in the backing group for Lauren Harris, daughter of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris.

During a 2015 interview with Guitar International, Downing elaborated on his reasons for leaving PRIEST. He said: "I had lots and lots of reasons for not continuing, as I wasn't content with things as they were. I wasn't happy with the band's live performance. I thought it could have been better; not that the fans would notice. To me, PRIEST was always a stealth machine and that's what I liked about it. Even though you get older, you still need to be able to deliver the goods. People came a long way and paid a lot of money to see us, so you've got to make sure you still give 110 percent. I thought that should be inherent and what it should always be."

K.K. also said that he didn't think his return to PRIEST would "ever, ever happen." He explained: "Obviously I'm quite happy for Richie Faulkner to be in the band. But I really wasn't expecting to have someone who had so many familiarities as me, the looks and everything. At a glance, nothing too much has changed for the fans."

so was I :(

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see what Rob says to this, or if he says anything.

If I were in the band's shoes, I probably wouldn't have asked him to come back either tbh. Not because I didn't want him back, but simply because he chose to leave, and he made that choice on his own. From the band's perspective, I would have to guess they didn't consider asking him back because they didn't honestly think he might actually want to come back. Not to mention when you're about to launch a giant tour...it is going to be a lot easier to take someone who's been hearing and working with the new music from day one on the road than someone who'll be thrown into two albums worth of songs he'll have to learn from scratch.

• Like 1

What a classless statement from Downing. Glenn is fighting to maintain a decent quality of life and Mr. Sourpuss decides to make it all about himself. Butt hurt that he didn't get asked back into a band that he's so happy to no longer be in. Riiight.

Yes KK, Priest moved on with someone a lot more talented than you and with clearly a massively smaller ego.

Mr. Downing should just shut up, enjoy retirement and be thankful that he met Rob and Glenn. He'd have nowhere near the lifestyle he does without those two.

• Like 1

What a classless statement from Downing. Glenn is fighting to maintain a decent quality of life and Mr. Sourpuss decides to make it all about himself. Butt hurt that he didn't get asked back into a band that he's so happy to no longer be in. Riiight.

Yes KK, Priest moved on with someone a lot more talented than you and with clearly a massively smaller ego.

Mr. Downing should just shut up, enjoy retirement and be thankful that he met Rob and Glenn. He'd have nowhere near the lifestyle he does without those two.

Well said. I love Faulkner!

• Like 1

If I were in the band's shoes, I probably wouldn't have asked him to come back either tbh. Not because I didn't want him back, but simply because he chose to leave, and he made that choice on his own. From the band's perspective, I would have to guess they didn't consider asking him back because they didn't honestly think he might actually want to come back. Not to mention when you're about to launch a giant tour...it is going to be a lot easier to take someone who's been hearing and working with the new music from day one on the road than someone who'll be thrown into two albums worth of songs he'll have to learn from scratch.

He not only chose to leave, he bailed AFTER they'd announced dates for a farewell tour. And he's shocked they didn't call him to come back? Seriously?

The more times I read his statement, the more I think he sounds like a complete ass. He even implies that Glenn may not have played much on Firepower. Okay. Perhaps he didn't, but throwing that out there accomplishes......what exactly? Other than showing he'd rather promote himself than support his ailing ex-bandmate and supposed friend.

• Like 3