Myth Busting: RUSH myths BRAND NEW TOPIC never been discussed, WHAT MYTH HAS TRF KILLED for you???

JohnRogers

All right kats and dawgs! What would RUSH think of TRF blah-blah-blah…but it wasn’t always that way. Back story time. In each of our own little circles around the Earth we are the noted RUSH experts. That will get you a discounted bag of peanuts at an Expo’s game! Yet when I came here in 2008 I sought ENLIGHTENMENT. Surely they must be things I DID NOT KNOW or myths.

What myth aboot the band was busted when you first came here to learn from the assembled BRAIN TRUST???

I’ll go first. I learn Neil is not a hermaphrodite which is not why he is leery of getting close to strangers.

• Like 1

I learned that Rush's music is not an elaborate and cryptic analysis of the effects of psychotropic drug use.....:smoke: Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 2

I was actually amazed that a great number of Rush fans, on here at least, seem to not really like the band that much. :o

I'm surprised how many people who post here daily list RUSH as number 3, 4 or five on their list.

• Like 4

I learned that not everyone is transfixed by Neil's unapparelled and sublime travel tableaus.
  • Like 2

RUSH's original drummer before John Rutsy was a guy called Little Mikey who died from ingesting too much Pop Rocks candy and Pepsi.

FALSE

• Like 2

RUSH's original drummer before John Rutsy was a guy called Little Mikey who died from ingesting too much Pop Rocks candy and Pepsi.

FALSE

Rush's original drummer was "Stumpy" Joe Pepys.

TRUE

• Like 2

FALSE

Rush's original drummer was "Stumpy" Joe Pepys.

TRUE

But you can't dust for vomit
  • Like 3

I was actually amazed that a great number of Rush fans, on here at least, seem to not really like the band that much. :o

mandydog doesnt post here often, but when he does, its spot on.

I had always thought that Rutsey quit the band as opposed to being pretty much canned.
  • Like 2

I used to think that Geddy's double neck Rick was a 6 string guitar as opposed to the 12 string guitar that it is (coupled with the bass).

I used to think that Geddy's double neck Rick was a 6 string guitar as opposed to the 12 string guitar that it is (coupled with the bass).

Is this a more a myth or a misconception?

I guess it is the odd way the tuning pegs are positioned on it that it always appeared to be a 6 string. Was thinking it was a 6 string for about 25 years until someone posted something about it being a 12 string. So it was a misconception on my part.

What would RUSH think of TRF blah-blah-blah…

Hey that was my thread!

Anyway I figured they disliked touring with KISS, just because their music is less than substantial, but apparently, they liked em a lot. lol.